Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I only ever got 1.5M

vCash
    1.5m more than I got for Andrade.

vCash
    I think I was very lucky he retired pretty much straight away so I guess that's why I got a good amount for him

Season 2 done with an all Italian squad.

We were in the race most of the season but went on a poor run as the fixtures pilled up around the Champions League quarter final which we lost 7-4 on aggregate to Milan.

Milan also pipped us to the title and although it was only by 2 points in the end it was all over with 2 games to go and we then beat Milan and made up another 3 points on them in the final round of matches.

I gambled a bit by blowing 27 million on Diego rather than buying a few cheaper players but with 23 goals from AMC this season I'm happy with that and confident we go one better next season!

Sadly I have lost Camaronesi to Real Madrid on a free so a new right winger is on the shopping list and with several massive bids coming in for Amauri and Iaquinta recently I might have to weigh up whether I can replace one of them with money left over for other positions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I'd withhold from selling any star players mate, you don't have the benefit of replacing them with anyone unfortunately.

Best of luck overcoming Milan next year!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 3 done, fell a bit short again

My main signing was Mark Bresciano. He did ok but not really enough to push us on and Diego was not quite the same force this time around.

Adami and Gonnella are both 34 year old CBs who did very well coming from 3rd tier clubs. Chiellini was unusually bad.

We had some great results along the way but we're still a bit short when injuries and suspensions kick in. I've already got a few good frees lined up so hopefully next year is the year!

In the Champions League we had a very tough 2nd group stage and just missed out behind Arsenal and Real Madrid by a point. Losing at home to Olympiakos in the first match of the group always looked likely to cost us in the end.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Signing veterans from 3rd tier clubs! Not sure that's the way to success mate, hopefully them freebies are better!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920