Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash

Challenge 4 - Nationals Only

Well, the title speaks for itself. This is a long challenge, for the bravest

You are to load 5 leagues, namely English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.You start as Juventus manager and your (first)aim is to win the championship with the national players only! Only then are you allowed (AND REQUIRED) to move on to ANOTHER country and do the same with another club! Once you win 5 domestic titles with 5 different clubs in 5 different countries using ONLY National players you're done!!

RULES

- in order to fulfill the "nationals only" requirement you HAVE TO have NO foreign players in your club (which means reserves are included) from the first to the last official match in that season...that means you cannot do it with anyone in the first season as most teams have at least one foreigner (EVEN if you get rid of the foreigners before the first official match, the first season at a new club still doesn't count,i.e. everything you win counts as "with foreigners")

- no cheat tactics (centralized-less than 3 defs and/or no wing players)

- no month-to-month contracts cheat or any other cheat - if you have the need to bend the rules and rape the game just to win a challenge, go get a life!

- use March 2009 Update, Tapanified or not

- second nationalities count as well

-you have 25 seasons to finish the challenge

WITH foreigners

Domestic title - 100 pts
    Domestic cup - 50 pts
    Champions League - 300 pts
    Uefa Cup - 200 pts

WITHOUT foreigners

Domestic title - 1000 pts
    Domestic cup - 400 pts
    Champions League - 800 pts
    Uefa Cup - 600 pts

League Cups do not count either way

SCREENSHOTS

- anything to prove the points you win
    - squad list to prove you have (and had at the beginning of the given season) no foreigners (reserves included)

You can choose to create the game yourself, or download a pre-loaded save
    Save Game

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=235
    Last edited by AMC; 28-07-17 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    Made a start on this, did very well with Juve, then got to EPL with Spurs. Now spent a whole year with no job applying for everything in every league, and getting no offers. No one likes to hire English managers it would seem. England failed miserably in the world cup, and have now offered me the position. Frustrating that no club will take me on in the second divisions of France and Germany. Will take England job and apply for everything that turns up.

vCash
    Are there points deductions for this for using March 2012 given we have no current access to the March 2009 data? (One who has these files upload them if they can)

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Use a save game editor to see what your CA/PA is and to set a second nationality for yourself if you want (but only once).... there are known issues regarding applying for and getting jobs in different countries..... many of us who have done this challenge have ended up taking over teams in the lowest divisions because we couldn't find jobs anywhere else..... although by the time I got to Spain as my last country, my choice of Spanish nationality had paid off and I got the RM job.....

....of course the first time I tried this challenge I picked Canadian as my nationality and that got me nowhere

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Are there points deductions for this for using March 2012 given we have no current access to the March 2009 data? (One who has these files upload them if they can)
    I have the March 2009 update at home and will upload it when I get off work (or sometime later tonight)

No, you can't use the March 2012 update.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I have copies of the following DB if you want me to upload them:

Sept 2009
    Feb 2010
    Sept 2010
    Sept 2011

vCash
    I have 12 updates if they are needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canadish View Post
    Made a start on this, did very well with Juve, then got to EPL with Spurs. Now spent a whole year with no job applying for everything in every league, and getting no offers. No one likes to hire English managers it would seem. England failed miserably in the world cup, and have now offered me the position. Frustrating that no club will take me on in the second divisions of France and Germany. Will take England job and apply for everything that turns up.
    Can you upload the save for us to have a look at please mate? I'm rather hesitant to allow people to edit their CA/PA and nationality on this challenge when others weren't given that luxury. If it is the only way though I wiil.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I uploaded the March 2009 DB and a bunch of others

vCash
    I persevered with this and have been given a job with Balma, in the French National. Terrible sqaud, avoided relegation and managed to make signings the next season. No editing has been done, I am English in the game. I am now looking forward to life in the second division.

vCash
    Making progress with this and uploading screen shots as I progress.

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ionals%20Only/

vCash
    Any more progress mate?

vCash
    I attempted this back in March 09 and had a corrupted save. I am going for this again however I am not claiming points as it's personal and I will be using March 2012.

If others would rather I posted updates in "how are you doing" I'll understand.

Loading...............now

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Post it here.... the fun with the old update is that Jorge Andrade is out for the season with an injury so it makes it hard to get rid of him.....

vCash
    I ended up selling him dirt cheap just after the 1st season ended iirc. Good Times

vCash
    Never got around to starting after all, busy summer lol

Just starting with March 12 now not too much to shift. Namely Vidal, Vucinic and Lichtsteiner

vCash
    So with my first season over and wholesale changes and all foreigners departed I am looking at retaining the Serie A Title. We finished 1 point ahead of Milan in what was a tight battle with them throughout. Thankfully they lost the game in hand and we won the title by just 1 point.

We also triumphed in Europe by winning the Europa League after a 1-0 victory over Schalke.

The squad will need strengthening over the Summer as players are complaining about lack of depth I have 32M at the moment so that should help, although I don't want to spend for the sake of spending so Juve don't struggle when I hopefully depart at the end of my second season.

I am pleased with the double as it'll boost my reputation for when I depart.

vCash
    Well done on winning the league and UEFA Cup mate, best of luck with the recruiting in the summer.

vCash
    Started this as german. Do I get to choose 2nd nationality and CA/PA 160?

vCash
    Yeah mate.

vCash
    Started this challenge, 1st season won serie a, then got the leeds job and won the prem 2nd season. after this found it hard to get a job because of nationality, in the end had to take the offenbach job in germany and progressed threw the leagues to win the top divison. then sturggled to get a job in spain or france. Currently managing rouen in france top division hope to complete this soon.

vCash
    You have to stay with clubs for a minimum of three seasons in the top flight mate except Juventus where you spend two seasons which I don't think you've done unfortunately mate.

vCash
    I've played tru this challenge a few years ago.

Was the best thing i've ever did, or at least very close. Been globetrotting in my saves ever since

vCash
    1 thing i dont get:

One can finish this challenge in min of 10 years (first years dont count thingie) but it is better for score to play for 25 years? if you get to your last club/nation, you would keep a foreigner till the 25th season and get points every year.

Hope i dont sound too ambitious... check my challenge scores if you think that

vCash
    Season 1:

450 points:

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast