Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial Queries

vCash
    I did this a while back as a test to see if clubs started to run out of money without their 12m per year. I don't remember it doing much.

mcnamee19 Unattached
    It's relatively easy to change prize money and tv rights money using zozoa's 'Money Prize' guide and Olly debugger. I have these threads saved from the old forum, is it possible for me to upload them? I also have the Olly debugger set up exe, I will look into uploading this.

EDIT: Please see this thread for an explanation - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...2341#post72341
    Last edited by mcnamee19; 29-12-12 at 02:40 PM.

mcnamee19 Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    did not know that, it seems i posted at the same time as Erkifino too.

they got tools for everything

Seems like I should have read the whole thread before posting the Olly debugger answer

I'll be trying this tool out at some point....

mcnamee19 Unattached
    This is a method I found that helps to restrict the amount of money you have to spend, it also forces you to look for cheap players of high quality, in order to sell them on.

Using John Locke's Flex tool as mentioned earlier in the post, enter -629,145 for the English Premier division prize money. The winner of the premier league receives -12M for winning the league. The negatuve amount decreases as for each lower position in the league. You may also want to enter 12M for the Prem TV rights, and also bump up the initial starting amounts of cash that the Prem clubs have at the beginning of the game, to ensure that some do not fall into bankruptcy. I also increased the champions league group stage prize money, to put a greater emphasis on gaining CL qualification.

Starting as a small championship club like Peterborough, this is the usual sequence of events(If you get promoted):

Receive 12M TV money -> spend it all on good players -> finish in a decent league position, but enter financial difficulties due to the negative prize money -> hopefully do not enter administration before the next round of TV money comes in, if you do, you potentially lose your top players -> when the TV money comes in it leaves you with relatively little money to spend, so in order to get a large amount of money you will need to sell on your cheap buys for a large amount of money.

Alternatively you could not spend the 12M when you get promoted - Save it, finish lower down the league, and slowly build. I also made some other alterations to the game, which I could post if anyone wants to see them.

316'sRegen Unattached
    that negative prize money the higher you finish is interesting.

reminds me of how the NFL teams that are the worst the prvious season get the first pick in the draft of talented college players.

vCash

High Balance, low transfer funds

Hi guys,

I've seen in lower reputation leagues that clubs dont offer high transfer funds even though your bank balance is $$$. I know this can be due to the manager reputation and club reputation but is there any way to change this?

Eg - The Dutch league has a reputation of 12 and the Danish league a reputation of 11. Clubs in NL generally have transfer funds equal to their bank balance, in Denmark they are capped at around 2.5m no matter how big your bank balance...

anyone?
    Cheers

vCash
    Prize Money has a big bearing on the amount of transfer fund vs. bank balance

vCash

Teams bankrupt

Hi first of all im new here and sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place, so ive downloaded everything i need and including the game it self, i noticed in the latest update(official) something about teams being saved when bankrupt, does this mean that a club can cease to exist like in real life for example gretna. Because in football manager i don't think that happens, well i could be wrong as ive never done a season in fm.

Thanks if someone can clarify that and sorry again if posted in wrong section.

vCash
    Clubs can't go bust. Stadiums will be shrinked though and facilities will worsen as the situation gets worse. A buyer is usually found quite quickly but there are some cases of clubs going 500+ million in debt years into the game

vCash
    I once managed a Portuguese team that was over 1 billion pounds in debt.

I could not reject any transfers, no matter how miniscule (it was a D2 team).

All the signings had to be on a free.

vCash

Maximum spend limit

Is there any way to increase the amount you can spend in leagues like Germany, Scotland, Portugal etc?

It seems no matter how much money you have in the bank, 25m (or thereabouts) is the most you can spend.

England and Spain don't seem to have this problem and can spend as much as they like...

Any help would be appreciated?

vCash
    All depends on Reps of the Chairmen I beleive

vCash
    It's worked out based on wages and expenses Vs. attendances & prize money available. If you had a club with a huge average attendance and really low wage bill you'd pretty much get all of your balance.

If you arse around in the Editor you can make this happen easily enough (all players 1k per week, club rep 20, max & average attendance ~100k, balance 130m etc.)

vCash
    not sure about that Derm. Might it be due to League reputation? I've been at River Plate (rep 18), with over 30m in the bank, average attendance of over 48,000, making loads of money, not spent anything for 2 seasons, and still only a transfer pot of 3.4m. Chairman has 18 for resources as well.

vCash
    Indeed, misread was the query asking about whether it could be done in Eng and Spa. Club Comp Rep has a big bearing on the values. Not as much as you'd think mind you.

Argentina appears to be hardcoded. If Im not mistaken even with 250k average attendance not a lot changes there.

Russia seems indifferent to the original post I made since there is only 300k in prize money but they have decent amounts of money available in season 1. That said lots of clubs have piss poor wages for the non stars

vCash
    I tried all the above suggestions and even gave myself 250m in the editor and max you can spend is still 25m.

I was fc bayern btw.

vCash
    That don't seem right to me. I've had more money to spend in Germany with less in the bank with lower reputation clubs.

vCash
    I don't think they can go bankrupt. I've also seen some strange things.

In Portugal, a lower division club hired Rui Costa after he retired as a player, to be a part-time physical trainer, paying him 400.000 € per month Years later, new investors took over and paid like 200 million € to avoid bankruptcy

Another stuff happened in Italy, at Fiorentina, a few years later. The club had been champion 4 times in a row (I wasn't managing it), and it paid his players very well : their best eleven were earning between 325.000 and 500.000 € a month. But this series of titles was seemingly going to end very soon as the financial situation of the club was becoming very bad. Well, it didn't exactly happen that way, since new investors brought something around 30 million € to avoid bankruptcy and go on spending big bucks. Definitely no financial fair-play there

vCash
    I've had teams hundreds of millions in debt. It makes for a fun game. But every team seems to get a buy out eventually. On the new update, for all its strengths, one thing i've noticed is so many teams going bankrupt because of the wages reflecting real life wages of players, without the increased TV or prize money revenues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I've had teams hundreds of millions in debt. It makes for a fun game.
    Doens't the board get mad at some point about the financial situation ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    On the new update, for all its strengths, one thing i've noticed is so many teams going bankrupt because of the wages reflecting real life wages of players, without the increased TV or prize money revenues.
    Only a certain amount of players have had a wage added and most use the rule of *0.45 or (€*0.85)*0.45). If only the yearly salary that's known then it's divide by 52 also.

So 10m p/a now is approx 4.5m p/a in 2001/02. To get the players wages it's (10000000/52)*0.45 which works out at about 85k p/w in the Editor.

Even in the ODB the same clubs end up going bankrupt over and over Real Sociedad, Lecce. Valladolid etc. and nothing much has changed in that regard. We are working on balancing it out a bit but it's hard, most clubs go bankrupt because of signing on fees rather than wages.

Be great to know the ticketing revenues and how to change/effect them. If you look at some clubs in the game, a club is making about 10 a head where another in the same league could be making 40. Of course prize money changes would help too, Russian Premier Division only awards 1m for 1st in game when the big clubs irl are budgeting about twice that p/w with poor enough average attendances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Be great to know the ticketing revenues and how to change/effect them. If you look at some clubs in the game, a club is making about 10 a head where another in the same league could be making 40. Of course prize money changes would help too, Russian Premier Division only awards 1m for 1st in game when the big clubs irl are budgeting about twice that p/w with poor enough average attendances
    I've been thinking of doing this study for a while now. Taking a team from each league in the game and holidaying a season (the 1st season is easiest because you don't get season ticket revenue. This complicates things because although the season ticket revenue is listed at the start of the season, it doesn't say how many season tickets have been sold). Taking the total income from tickets and dividing it by the total attendance for the season's home games. To see the average ticket price set by Eidos for CM01/02. Of course for a truly in depth study, it would have to be done for every team in the game, which would take a long, long time.

It would be interesting to see the results though, and if they were realistic with the match ticket prices at the time.

vCash
    Could be simple enough to set-up initially. Set 2 clubs to 2 different reps but same size stadium, average atremdance, starting budgets, player wages etc and have them play 2 teams (or all) with same rep and note the differences in the weekly intake.

Iirc there are no season tickets sold in season one so hypothetically all in attendance are paying customers.

Doing this in say the conference gonna be vastly different than epl in terms of financially value but the results you'd should be similar ratio's

vCash
    that's a good idea. I'm going to look into it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:

vCash
    On my Queens Park save I get zero income from ticket sales. I do get some income annually from season tickets but nothing else. Is this a bug or am I not attracting a single additional paying customer throughout the season (to be fair the football isn't exactly entertaining...)?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 78