Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Issues

vCash

Forum Issues

Hey guys, I am having problems being able to download the update or anything on your site when I log in it is showing the message 'Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.' I have tried using my previous account adam_robinson7 and It wont even let me log in, now I have set up a new account on my partners email address and this account is the 1 thats having this problem. I look forward to hearing from you soon guys, can wait to play the update. adam_robinson

vCash
    Probably because it's a new account.
    People with no or little posts will be able to download anything.

Make a few posts and you should be fine.

Introduce yourself and Where are you from are good starts.

vCash
    Cheers mate, where do I post this too?

vCash
    I've merged your old and current accounts together, log out and try does that work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I've merged your old and current accounts together, log out and try does that work
    Hi mate I have just tried and its letting me get to the sendspace page but when I click on the download its says its unsafe and wont allow me to download it

vCash
    Only select the link that says 'Click here to download from Sendspace' and make sure any other check boxes are clear.

Install AdBlock on your browser too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Only select the link that says 'Click here to download from Sendspace' and make sure any other check boxes are clear.

Install AdBlock on your browser too
    Cheers mate its downloading

And thanks again to everyone for the hard work you all do on the update, it is much appreciated. You guys are legends.

pokoknya Unattached
    wait for the confirmation code, and/or click the confirmation link in your inbox. if you didnt receive the confirmation link, click here http://www.champman0102.co.uk/regist...o=requestemail

vCash

Forum failures?

Sometimes when I try to look at individual posts, I just get a blank page. The forum won't load the page content...

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...35319#poststop (for example)

Any thoughts on a cause?

vCash
    That link loads fine for me Ian.

I was having issues with the site about a week ago which seem to of now cleared up and all is running smooth again.

vCash
    Someone else reported problems viewing particularly large threads. Is this what you experience, Ian?

That poster was viewing threads in hybrid mode (or it might have been threaded mode). Changing it to linear seemed to have sorted it for him.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Someone else reported problems viewing particularly large threads. Is this what you experience, Ian?

That poster was viewing threads in hybrid mode (or it might have been threaded mode). Changing it to linear seemed to have sorted it for him.

I get the same problem each time I clear cache/cookies etc.. Its because of the default settings for threads revert back from Linear, I usually open a scouting thread and change it in there before viewing elsewhere just fine.

vCash
    My DTL team was a bit of a forum failure I have to admit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Z

vCash

Internal server error (500) on forum

Didn't really know where to put this...

I'm getting quite a few "internal server error (500)"-messages while trying to browse the forums, most often in the sticky-threads in the lounge sub-forum (especially the threads "How are you doing" and "Screenshots"). I've tried googling the issue, and:

the 500 Internal Server Error is a server-side error, meaning the problem probably isn't with your computer or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...ervererror.htm

I've tried reloading the page and clearing my cache, but it didn't work.

Anyone else having this issue? Can it be fixed?

vCash
    I haven't had the same error, and I've been in and out all day. However, past experience suggests this could be one of the following:

* Forums had too much traffic and rejected your connection (unlikely lol)
    * Forums or the server they are hosted on were undergoing maintenance
    * Your cookies are corrupted (can be resolved by clearing the cookies in your browser)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bine ye For This Useful Post:

JLa

vCash
    I think it might have be related to cookies. I've noticed that often when I try to log in, the website returns the "thank you for logging in" message, but when it returns to the front page I'm not logged in after all. The address bar then reads "http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forum.php". However, if I remove the ending "forum.php" and press enter, I'm suddenly logged in.

I have cleared the cookies before, but I'll do it again and keep experimenting. However, I think it is a bit strange that only a few threads appear to be affected by this error. I'd think that if my cookies were corrupted, it would affect all threads and not just a few?

vCash
    Looks like it happens when you are viewing quite large threads?

I'd change your settings for view mode to linear. Pretty sure I've told you before when you PM'd me although it could have been others.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

JLa

vCash
    At the moment things appear to be working. How do I change the default view mode to linear (without actually opening the thread - when this error occurs I obviously can't open the thread...)?

edit: nevermind my question, I found it buried deep down in the profile settings. Hope this will work. Thanks guys.

vCash
    Happening too me too but a new user so will wait

vCash

The 10-minute timeout

The forums are locked for non logged in visitors. Can we extend the timeout how often we have to log in again?

Is an hour too much to ask?

vCash
    They are locked for a reason, to encourage members to register and join the community.

Increasing the timeout is not recommended as it is intensive on the server.

You can avoid the issue entirely by clicking the 'remember me' option.
    The Alphabet Game #3

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I just got a virus from this site. It seems that its name is "pricechopp".

vCash
    Are you sure you didn't click the wrong link on sendspace?

vCash
    Quick question; has the "manage attachments"-option been disabled or something? I was going to upload a tactic yesterday, but I couldn't figure out how to upload new files. The text says "click add files to upload new files", but I don't see such a button..?

vCash
    Go to www.sendspace.com, upload and post the link here. Since I've been a member here you could never upload files direct to the forums server.

Photos need to be hosted and linked from elsewhere also.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast