Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge 10 - ODB (3.9.60) - When in Rome...

vCash
    Don't see him at the beginning. After it was too late...

vCash
    Am giving this a go now. 2 seasons in and I'm doing terribly. Will persist and update you soon. Feel free to mock my feeble efforts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fourfourtwo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Okay, I suck at this.

In season one I cleared out the squad as quickly as possible – best to get on with it I figured. I then nearly lost my job several times, finishing 6th in the league eventually. But I achieved the all Asian squad...

Season two was a little better – 4th in the league, but no points having gone out of the cups early. Season three saw me register my first points as we reached the final of the Italian Cup, only to get thumped over two legs by the hated Lazio. We finished 7th in the league and exited the UEFA Cup early. Season four was a bit of a re-run. We reached the cup final, again, and lost to Lazio, again. We finished a place lower in 8th and couldn’t get beyond the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup.

Season five was a bit (just a bit) of an improvement, in that we got to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup and finished 3rd in the league.

So a grand total of:
    - 2 x runners up in the Italian Cup = 180
    - 1 x semis of the UEFA Cup = 100
    - 1 x 3rd place in the league = 80

That’s a pathetic total of 360 points. I’ll try something easier next time!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fourfourtwo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Doesn't matter the score - that you enjoyed it was the main thing

Plenty more challenges there so take a look!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Started this and season one flew by with a big mistake on my side. Started letting players go so as I am buying asians I am training and playing them so seson 2 won't catch me by surprise. Unfortunatelly, didn't foresee that they won't be eligible for CL so through the second group stage I barely made a functional first 11, no subs Didn't really care eventually but I though it would have been a nice addition. Got knocked out by Dortmund from Quarter finals.

However, managed to lean Seria A without much problem as I got a significant lead start. Also, the Italian cup after a final with Milan.

Overall, sold players for 220M, some going out really cheap unfortunatelly - like Walter Samuel going to Man Utd for 3.5m only to be later bought by Arsenal for 50M :O
    Bought enough experienced players with a late sesason Nakata.

So, season 2 was about to start with my all-asian team.

Serie A : - is there still a way to see the full league tables now?

Cup :

CL:

Season 2 squad :

vCash
    If you go on your managerial stats it should say what position you finished in in the league.

Best of luck with the challenge

vCash
    Season 2 begun with high hope. Managed to get most of the transfer I wanted with a couple of yungsters to fill the squad if needed.

Managed to win serie A without any problems:

However, Lazio got their revenge in the cup semi final with a 6-3 agg win

Champions league was going pretty smothly with a phase 2 group with Arsenal, Real and Dortmund from which we qualified

However, Lazio got their revenge in the semi-finals as well. Thought that a 1-0 lead in the first leg at home will be enough. Boy, was I wrong :

Season 3, here we come.
    Last edited by welchia; 12-04-17 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Season 3 begun and after a few transfers in and out (got rid of some asians that didn't develop that well after training) was hoping for at least a CL final.

Inter with a beautiful performance managed to win Serie A by 10 or 9 points if I remember correctly (didn't take a screenshot of the table unfortunatelly)
    By the time they had 10 points and was hoping for them to stumble into a draw or lose, I got the same result as them in my games so no chance of catching up

However, this allowed me to focus on CL. After a 6-2 overall win over Dortmund in the quarter finals I managed to get my revenge from last season from Lazio in the semi finals with an away goal qualification :

The final . What can I say, the final really was a rollercoster ride but managed to win agains Milan. The Asians took the trophy home. To Rome, not anywhere in Asia though

I guess that the Italian Cup early knock-out helped the CL performance. Bologna knockd-us out from the quarter finals after a 0-0 dull draw and a penalty shoot-out

Currently in the 4th season now, Inter still giving me troubles in Serie A, not sure how we can manage to be winners. Hoping for a CL semi-final if we're lucky in the draw. I'll keep you posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If you go on your managerial stats it should say what position you finished in in the league.

Best of luck with the challenge
    Thanks, noticed that it says what position you finished but I was thinking if there is a way to see the full table from that season. If not, i'll make sure to take screenshots as they end

vCash
    No way of getting the full table mate, once it's updated to the new season it resets.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ok, managed to finish the challenge. Fun one, some frustration over some of the player names and with me not being able to remember them all. Had to spend some time when makins subs.

Also, in hindsight, should've focused maybe a bit more on the Italian Cup - managed to win it only once.

Totals: 1450 points

Champions league - 720 points

2 times winner 400 points
    1 time runner-up 170 points
    1 time semi-final 150 points

Serie A - 490 points
    4 times winner 400 points
    1 time runner-up 90 points

Italian Cup - 240 points

1 time winner 100 points
    2 time semi-final - 140 points

Serie A :

Italian Cup :

Champions league :

Also , can someone tell me how to put spam tags around pictures so they won't take up so much space?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123