Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Installation Queries

vCash

Oct update 2017 / Original database

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can answer this.

Hopefully, it's not too much of a nooby/stupid question but apologies if it is.

Currently, I am playing the original database but I would like to try out the October 2017 update.

My question is if I update the game to this does that mean I will be no longer able to play my original database save?

The reason I ask is that I am around 6 seasons in and do not want to lose this save and would like to come back to it here and there.

Thank you.

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    To install the October 2017 DB you need to update the game with the SI official patch. I don't know if your old save will be compatible with that version, but this is what I would suggest.

First, rename your Championship Manager 01-02 main folder by adding an extension it. Here is an example:
    Spoiler!

So add something after like ODB (Original Database) so you'll know that's the original one.

Then do a new installation and that should add a new Championship Manager 01-02 folder right next to the one you just renamed. Then apply the official SI patch and add the October 2017 DB files to the Data folder file.

The folder that has the name Championship Manager 01-02 will be the one that will load if you launch the shortcut. If you want to switch back to the original one just rename the one you were playing by adding something to the folder name and remove the thing you added from the other folder so it's just Championship Manager 01-02 again.

You can repeat this process multiple times and you can have countless of CM's if you wish.

I hope this helps you!
    Last edited by GFRay; 31-10-17 at 11:10 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    To install the October 2017 DB you need to update the game with the SI official patch. I don't know if your old save will be compatibel with that version, but this is what I would suggest.

First, rename your Championship Manager 01-02 main folder by adding an extension it. Here is an example:
    Spoiler!

So add something after like ODB (Original Database) so you'll know that's the original one.

Then do a new installation and that should add a new Championship Manager 01-02 folder right next to the one you just renamed. Then apply the official SI patch and add the October 2017 DB files to the Data folder file.

The folder that has the name Championship Manager 01-02 will be the one that will load if you launch the shortcut. If you want to switch back to the original one just rename the one you were playing by adding something to the folder name and remove the thing you added from the other folder so it's just Championship Manager 01-02 again.

You can repeat this process multiple times and you can have countless of CM's if you wish.

I hope this helps you!
    Thank you for the reply.

I should have said I am playing the original players database but was updated to version v3.9.68T

Would that be ok to install the Oct 2017 update over it and still be able to play my old save as well or shall I just do what you have advised above?

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly14 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I should have said I am playing the original players database but was updated to version v3.9.68T

Would that be ok to install the Oct 2017 update over it and still be able to play my old save as well or shall I just do want you have advised above?
    Well in that case I think it will work but I'm not sure.

Make a copy of your save game and try it. If it doesn't work then you can do what I stated above.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well in that case I think it will work but I'm not sure.

Make a copy of your save game and try it. If it doesn't work then you can do what I stated above.
    Great I will do that, thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barfly14 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just to let you know my old save works even with the new update applied as they are both using 3.9.68T so I can switch between the two!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barfly14 For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Good to hear!

Keep my method in mind should you ever want to use different patches!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good to hear!

Keep my method in mind should you ever want to use different patches!
    Will do thanks!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728