www.champman0102.co.uk aims to raise £50.00 per month through donations to cover the running costs of the website. In return for your donation, you'll be given a VIP membership depending on how much you had donated to the website.
For every pound that is donated, you'll be given a one month subscription as a VIP. E.g. If you donated £1.00 then you'll be given a one month subscription. If you donated £10.00 then you'll be given a ten month subscription and so on.
This VIP system was introduced to the community in July 2009 after it transpired that I could no longer afford to pay for the running costs of the website myself. After several members started to make donations to help, I decided to introduce a VIP system so that there was some cause to make a donation and a way to say thank you for their generosity.
What are the running costs?
We have a number of services that we pay for with regards to keeping the website online. There are also additional services that we pay for to provide resources for the website and games for our community:
- Hosting - We pay a monthly fee to Nimbus Hosting for our server which was hand picked by WelshRed. This is a fantastic company who are specialists in vBulletin which has its own benefits if we ever need support.
- Domain - We also pay a yearly fee to the same company for the renewal of our domain name: www.champman0102.co.uk.
- vBulletin - We also had to pay a one off fee to purchase a licence for vBulletin which is the forum software that we use for this website.
- Soccer Manager - We have paid for a 'Gold' account on Soccer Manager which allows us to create a game world for our community to play in.
What are the benefits of being a VIP?
When you are given VIP access, you'll automatically be given access to a number of features on the site, particularly in an area called the 'VIP Box':
- CM Vipers - You will have access to join our team called 'CM Vipers'. This is a football club that has been created in Championship Manager 2001/2002 where you can create yourself as a player in the club and help the team to glory! Games are played twice a week (Monday and Thursday) and all you'll need to do is 'attend training' by posting before each match in order to be considered for selection by the manager. The club is currently in its second season having finished 12th in their first season in the English Conference.
- Dream Team League - You will have access to join our league called the 'Dream Team League'. This is a competition in which a maximum of 16 managers can participate in a league within CM 01/02. The 'DTL' has been around for quite some time now in various formats and the latest one allows managers to take over a club and build their own squad by bidding on players in auctions or by completing deals between each other. Once transfers have been completed, they are then updated in the game itself via the official editor before a new season begins. Managers then simply need to 'submit' a team sheet to Mark who will then set the teams in-game and play out each month, writing up the results as the season goes on. The competition is now in its fifth season having proved to be popular with our VIPs.
There are also additional benefits across the site which you can use as a VIP:
- Custom User Title - You will automatically have 'VIP' assigned to you as a custom user title. However, you can amend this to your own choice if you wish.
- Signatures - The ability to possess a signature for your account is restricted to VIPs only.
- Profile Picture - The ability to possess an avatar/profile picture is restricted to VIPs only.
How can I make a contribution?
There are several ways to make a donation:
- PayPal - There is an integrated PayPal system which will notify me by private message if a donation has been made. I will then verify the payment and activate your VIP membership. Click here to make a donation through this or simply send your payment directly to email@example.com.
- Bank/Wire Transfer - For those who do not have PayPal, I am more than happy to provide details of a account number and a sort code for you to make a donation through your bank. Please contact me via private message if you wish to go down this route.
- Cash/Cheque - For those who don't have any means of payment electronically, I am more than happy to provide an address for you to send your donation in cash or a cheque through the mail service. Please contact me via private message if you wish to go down this route.
Please note that the original post has now been updated with information regarding VIP memberships.
Please also note that the VIP Box will be open to the public for the duration of May 2013 as promised. The reason being that it will be a 'welcome back/homecoming' present following my return as the owner of this website.
Also, please note that I am currently waiting for WelshRed to provide me with a list of members who should have an active VIP account. I apologise to all of those affected but if you are one a member who had made a contribution to the forum in the past and should have an active VIP account, please contact me with a receipt of your contribution in order for me to re-activate your account.
I should also note that for all those who made a contribution since September 2012 (when WelshRed as former owner was last active), your VIP length will run again from the 1st June 2013 depending on the amount you contributed. Hopefully that is acceptable by way of apology!
Yay for the new SM comp and yay for the Vipers returning!
PM sent to you Mark with regard to VIP.
Thank you mate.
I apologise once again to all of those who have lost their access to VIP sections. If you do as others have done so far and send me evidence of your donations, then I will add you back in as a VIP with immediate effect. If any donations were made since last September, they will also run from the 1st June although you will get access to the VIP Box immediately.
I have no idea when my membership runs out but being so dedicated I signed up for 2 years as a VIP last time & been a VIP since intruced in 2009.
Great work captain Mark. I salute you
Christ, you've been hard at work Mark! "Legends of Football", like the sound of that
Like the new stuff that will be coming soon, good stuff mate.
If I need a new VIP subscription let me know please as my paypal is all over the shop with various bits
No worries will just donate again it's no biggy
Good idea that Dermo.
I usually do send a PM out when people have ran out of VIP but as I have no records at all of any donations made before I came back as owner, I can't tell you when it runs out
Yes, I am still waiting for WR to send me the list... (only been waiting since the 18th April ).
The VIP Box has now been closed to the public and is accessible by VIPs only once again so only those who had donated since I've returned (and those providing evidence of donations that should still be active) have access at the moment.
A bit of a pain, but not much I can do until WR gets back to me. If he ever does?
Just a quick note to say that I have received the spreadsheet of all previous donations made to the website and have now inputted each and every one into the donation system within the site. As a result, you may have received automated private messages from me regarding donations you had made in the past.
I've now been through the entire spreadsheet of donations going back to 2009(!) and have activated subscriptions for all who should have an active account at this moment in time. When those subscriptions expire, you will of course start to receive a private message from me to inform you of your expired subscription.
So you now have a record of when people will expire?
Crickey, I don't want to know when I will expire That is between me & the lord. Oh & Jesus also.
Wondered who would be first to pick me up on my wording!
Yes, ebfatz. You will receive a PM from me when your subscription does expire.
Updated the OP now that ourfootballclub and Fantasy Football League are firmly back in the VIP Box
There are still plans to add new features to the section over the coming months.
Wondered why DTL hadnt been posted, because I couldnt see it. JUst paid £5 now mate