View Poll Results: Would you buy cm 01 02 updated by Eidos?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 80.65%
  • I'd rather stick with cm 01 02 (original + forum updates)

14 7.53%
  • Depends how much would it cost!?

16 8.60%
  • No

6 3.23%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CM 01-02 UPDATED?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Definitely - the new footie manager games are too in depth (if that makes sense). And you probably need to check/action about 109 things before progressing a day!
    Agree with you 100% there. I hate the way it's takes so long just to play one day, I could play more than a season on CM while I'm playing the pre-season on FM.

vCash
    That's where I said, Football Manager Classic comes into play. It's really speed demon, compared to normal version of FM.

Dunno how it will work with large DB and more than 4 leagues though, but if they optimize it for multicores it should still be a breeze (you just have to remember that small DB on FM is like Normal/Maximum on CM ).

316'sRegen Unattached
    it would be rude not to buy it.

it would be fun to play Pati at network and not have him buy players he has created
    come to think of it network play would be far easier in a newer version, no need for hamachi and deleting ip applications etc.

However, what would our great scouting/updating team have to do with themselves then, eh?

Thousands from on here would buy the game though, look at how the PS1 titles like THPS Splinter Cell and Metal Gear were given a lick of paint (HD GFX) and re-sold as a PSN title. These played like the original games but that didn't stop them being massively popular.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I got bored of Football Manager Classic after a few weeks, it just hasn't got that something special to keep you hooked anymore.

vCash
    Would buy it without a doubt.

Best game ever made!

vCash
    will never happen so pointless question.

316'sRegen Unattached
    oh cheer up you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    will never happen so pointless question.
    Hypothetically speaking, so no, not a pointless question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    I got bored of Football Manager Classic after a few weeks, it just hasn't got that something special to keep you hooked anymore.
    Depends what you expect from a game really. I don't dig CM style anymore. Sure, it was a lot of fun when I was a kid (when CM0102 was released I was 15 - then life was much more simple ).

But now, except for doing tac testing and playing around with Olly/C++ I really don't play the game anymore. Can't play it. It's that outdated, even with updates/patches.

Like I said, FMC has huge potential, but it all depends on 2 factors: a) how SI is going to do it in future? What things they will add? Is there possibility of it becoming separate title? b) FM fans, fanatics, didn't like the FMC idea from the very start, saying it was pointless to add to the series and that SI should focus on fixing current match engine before doing such things. Because there are issues with full FM game (which of course get transferred to FMC too).

When you observe what's happening on gaming scene from outside/inside perspective you have quite good view on what approach to take.

Eidos and CM are no longer a possibility. CM got ruined in Eidos/Beautiful Game Studios - Travis (later FIFA10 dev) - hands. Collyer brothers were and still are the makers of best football manager sims to date. Whether you like it or not. They have a vision, but that vision is hard to implement in 1 year release schedule. Such time-frame is very short (1 year in gaming terms is not a lot of time).

My wish is that someday we will see the game which will satisfy both ends of a bargain. CM fans and FM fans are alike after all .

vCash
    They could focus FMC towards the console markets, where there is a huge gap at the moment apart from the very popular career mode on Fifa.

316'sRegen Unattached
    fifa

you had to ruin the good name of CM with the mention of that garbage
    whilst the career mode is good on fifa it's main focus is playing the matches in your chosen position, not running a club.

CM5 was out for PS2, it was quite good at the time from what i can recall but not really much since that. It does show the game would work on console though, so let's get a petition drawn up

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    fifa

you had to ruin the good name of CM with the mention of that garbage
    whilst the career mode is good on fifa it's main focus is playing the matches in your chosen position, not running a club.

CM5 was out for PS2, it was quite good at the time from what i can recall but not really much since that. It does show the game would work on console though, so let's get a petition drawn up
    Unfortunately it's the closest thing to a 'Management' game at the moment on a console, and i'm not counting that tripe called Premier Manager who only people called Ste waste their money on

vCash
    Total club manager 2004 and LMA manager 2003 on the Ps2 were great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    Unfortunately it's the closest thing to a 'Management' game at the moment on a console, and i'm not counting that tripe called Premier Manager who only people called Ste waste their money on
    Did you play the game?

Yes I did buy and I enjoyed playing it for a while getting Huddersfield into the Premier League although it lacks depth, real game transfers and realistic transfers what let the game down the most.

vCash
    I only miss:
    -current Champions League and Europa League format
    -quals to Asian Cup and African Nations, Gold Cup, quals to olympics, Under-21 Euro, Under 20 World Cup and quals
    -updated relegations and promotions in leagues or at least adding possibility to edit this in in-build editor
    -2D pitch view would be lovely
    -more detailed stats (like it is now in FM)

and thats all

vCash
    I would buy the updated game, as long as it did not under any circumstances have a pitch view, I dont understand the first thing about football and that's why I never got past CM0102

There would be a few changes I would like to the engine
    a lot more media interaction, no need to change the actual way it works at the moment, just up the frequency, a Premier League team should have the media question something every game, not once per month/year/season
    bankruptcy needs more work. When hitting status "bankrupt" every player should be automatically transfer listed, and you not able to refuse a bid. Also stop the stupid stadium shrinking, or at least reset the capacity once back in the black
    A way of making the sugar-daddy owners work more realistically, they only really appeared after the game came out, just make them constantly inject money I suppose

oh and I would really REALLY love it if the editor allowed you to create international tournamnents, cos then I could have some silly fun

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post
    I would buy the updated game, as long as it did not under any circumstances have a pitch view, I dont understand the first thing about football and that's why I never got past CM0102

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post
    bankruptcy needs more work. When hitting status "bankrupt" every player should be automatically transfer listed, and you not able to refuse a bid.
    I've definitely had this before - I went into administration and wasn't allowed to refuse bids for players

vCash
    I also don't understand the 1st thing about football. Check my DTL and CML results for proof .

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    I've definitely had this before - I went into administration and wasn't allowed to refuse bids for players
    Me too. I was managing a Portuguese team that was a billion in debt.

vCash
    If it included some elements of FM, such as team talk, and media talk as well as the option to talk to players, i would, but otherwise i would stick to the awesome updates of this forum and happily playing the original game.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    why is this coming up as unread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    I think he meant AI controlled clubs. They don't sell players cheaply even if they're bankrupt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merkezekrem View Post
    why is this coming up as unread?
    Possibly because people have voted in the poll.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast