View Poll Results: Would you buy cm 01 02 updated by Eidos?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 80.65%
  • I'd rather stick with cm 01 02 (original + forum updates)

14 7.53%
  • Depends how much would it cost!?

16 8.60%
  • No

6 3.23%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CM 01-02 UPDATED?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Possibly because people have voted in the poll.
    It's a nice touch. Keeps a poll active and in the list of New Posts. It's 35 different voters on a poll is nice to see

vCash
    Of course I would buy it. The less changes they would make, the better. Formats of the leagues and european cups,
    updated personnel and just a few tweaks to the match engine to exclude obvious mistakes.

CM 01/02 is not about portraying actual world of football. It is about great playability.
    I've been playing it with my brother for 13 years, once a week, and we still have great fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to szemek77 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by szemek77 View Post
    Of course I would buy it. The less changes they would make, the better. Formats of the leagues and european cups,
    updated personnel and just a few tweaks to the match engine to exclude obvious mistakes.

CM 01/02 is not about portraying actual world of football. It is about great playability.
    I've been playing it with my brother for 13 years, once a week, and we still have great fun!
    I agree with you, though i do think that with SOME added improvements it would make the game even greater. I think that, like you said, it should be about playability and the enjoyment in which people have with the game over realism - which in my honest opinion, is pushed on too much in the FM series, especially the latest one - but i think that by having the added media features, it match talk and options for talking to players, rivals, through the media it offers more intrigue, especially with different responses based on the characteristics of the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by szemek77 View Post
    It is about great playability.
    This. This. And this.

I think there are a hell of a lot of games in the last 6-8 years that have total disregard for playability. Now everything is a clone of any game with good playability but with more 'bells and whistles' but appear better.

vCash
    I would probably buy it too, just to try it...

vCash
    Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Mori

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Fodi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    Eejits

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Chris_3_16

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd settle for a half-decent explanation of the match engine and a couple of other mechanics in a small PDF file

vCash
    Out of interest, how would this be different to e most uptodate "versions" you can get on here?

I prefer playing the original rather than having the current players (nostalgia and all that).

vCash
    Up to date version to me would be this:

Correct league structures, correct cup competitions, better game speed options, better technical specs, more flexible indexing of comp and club names, color atts, less restrictive name addition system, more formations for AI managers, easier to change AI manager's formations (thus allowing a user to make the game tougher/easier), increasing comp and club reps range from 20 to 40, change Yugoslavia to Serbia make the league playable since it's there, make the other dormant leagues that exist in the Editor playable (India, Indonesia, Switzerland, Austria, Mexico, South Africa, China, Czech Rep, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand), add more leagues (Ukraine, Belarus, Israel, Egypt, Uruguay, Colombia, Jamaica, Morocco, Slovenia, Bosnia, Romania etc.), import/export facility to keep the game up-to-date easier, better filtering options in the Editor (by comp, continent, age as wel as DOB), start year changer, commentary and media updated with simple program to maintain them, roll forward option in Editor to add a year, history file database instead of text file (or even more excel friendly), more colors (with option to indicate colors that clash), 2 extra invisible lines on the tactic screen to allow 7 players wide instead of 5, flexible subs and player restrictions editing, wages and comp prizes brought up to 2013/14 values, option to edit those values, add more B and reserve teams, max. squad size 100, fix the loan and 'getting a job' issues.

That's just a start. The game itself it still fine, just the coating around it needs tweaking. Maybe some stuff like 2D match option would be interesting but think the commentary has always been more gripping.

Would gladly pay 100+ for the game above if it includes the changes, since you'd never need to buy it again given how easy it would be to maintain.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Agreed with the above Dermo except no 2d match engine, leave it as it is!

Maybe add the Conf North/South and Evo/Ryman leagues etc

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bnek For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    since you'd never need to buy it again given how easy it would be to maintain.
    Well, except for sure lots of competitions will change. They always do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bnek View Post
    Agreed with the above Dermo except no 2d match engine, leave it as it is!
    Make it optional maybe. Prefer the commentary myself (even if now I only read it big games, derbies, finals etc.)

vCash
    I'd buy it, especially with Dermotron's changes (2D match engine aside) plus a fix on the assistant manager not wanting a new contract ever bug.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'd buy it, especially with Dermotron's changes (2D match engine aside) plus a fix on the assistant manager not wanting a new contract ever bug.
    I have had that a few times right enough.
    I always thought it was just the assistant eventually wanting to be a full fledged manager in their own right, so it made sense to me that should happen.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    I always thought it was just the assistant eventually wanting to be a full fledged manager in their own right, so it made sense to me that should happen.
    that would make sense yes, if any assistant on the game went on to become a manager. They don't though. There's the odd case but hardly ever.

vCash
    I would buy it yeh

vCash
    As I like to play long games, it wouldn't make much of a difference if the version is updated or not, since after 20 seasons most players are regens.

But I would be curious to try the update, if it would come at a reasonnable price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    max. squad size 100,
    Is it really a big problem for updaters?

Because, personally, I wouldn't change that. I thinks it's one of the biggest problem of the FM series. There's so many shitty players that you have to take care of, when in fact you perfectly know that they will never play in your senior squad. It is just so time consuming.
    Last edited by J.D.; 14-06-13 at 09:22 PM.

vCash
    Can be. It gets messy at times. Like Parma had 95 players last season. Lots of Italian clubs had 60-70 players with loans and stuff. Promising youths are almost a nuisance at the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. And worst of all, you can only have 50 split between an A and B team, most Spanish clubs B teams are now in the 2nd or 3rd tiers.

I'd prefer the option rather than be restricted by compromises like adding loads of future transfers, fake B teams etc.

Something changeable in the Editor might be interesting, like option to limit max squad to 30-100 in increments of 10. There are some clubs that will never have more for purely economic reasons and of course the reverse is true.

vCash
    another thing i'd like to see on our fictitious update of the game would be the ability to cancel/arrange friendly matches at international level. Could do it on 97/98. I wonder why they took it out of the game.

vCash
    Yeh and also to see more B Team International Games.

vCash
    Stuff like squad size, b teams etc doesn't bother me at all.

The 2 things i would love are:

Return from Holiday set date

Player Enquiry.

Both of these were added in CM4 but it sucks they made the actual game shit from then on. 2 very simple things to add and would make the game even better imo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast