View Poll Results: Would you buy cm 01 02 updated by Eidos?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 80.65%
  • I'd rather stick with cm 01 02 (original + forum updates)

14 7.53%
  • Depends how much would it cost!?

16 8.60%
  • No

6 3.23%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CM 01-02 UPDATED?

vCash
    Wont be much need to buy an up to date version at the rate that Tapani, John Locke and some of the new guys are going. We would have all we need right here other than the correct structures for CL etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    We would have all we need right here other than the correct structures for CL etc
    We might even have that soon too

vCash
    Doubt it mate. You would need massive code rewriting undoable in "normal" patching.

Maybe Tapani is thinking about what I wrote though. Injector and re-writing game code on the fly. That would be awesome ^^.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackyM View Post
    What I mean, if Edios, for some reason, decides to update CM 01 02, and makes CM 13-14 edition, with everything the same like in CM 01 02, except, it edits Champions League, Europa League and add all other competitions, like u21 championships and adds more leagues...

Would you buy it?

I know I would :adoration:

Let's make petition for them to do so xD
    Yes...I'll buy it..

vCash
    this is a non-sense pulse checking.. answer is NO...

vCash
    Can someone please close this poll!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merkezekrem View Post
    Can someone please close this poll!!
    Seconded.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    I would definately buy it.... i have a plan for this when i win the lottery btw...

but for now... i think what we need, is a JL/Tapani style exe editor, that incorperates, all changes that have been made indifferent patches throughout the years, and lets you pick whichever ones you want and which ones you dont...

I think the key is, to make it as customizable as possible because lets face it, we all see the game differently, so rather than force hardcoded changes on players of the game, it would let YOU decide how it looks and plays...

Also, an editor that would allow you to make your own league patch using one tool, would be great, especially for those who cant get to grips with olly and offsets changing....

Now THAT, i'd pay for!

vCash
    I'm just writing this post to piss off Merk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Don't be lazy liam, get new accounts signed and vote for the poll every other day so it looks like there is something new but there isn't

vCash

About time for a NEW: CM 01/02

Can anyone help with this question... better still build the answer?

The game came out 16 years ago and I wouldn't change the current format of the game for the world. I LOVE IT. I played it then and I still play it now thanks to the great work of the guys here.

BUT

This game relies on 'out of date methods' e.g. the CD and lugging a laptop around. Most computers don't even have a CD drive anymore. Give it 5-10 years and the game won't be able to be played because the technology will become obsolete.

SURELY some clever boffin can develop this game so it works as an 'App' on an iPad/desktop/iPhone with touchscreen. Don't change the game what so ever but update the technology.

Anyone help? Is it funding? Knowledge?

Thanks

vCash
    People would walk in front of cars

vCash
    Great idea. I definitely would fund if there was a raisefunding for something like this. But I think it's hard as at the time CM 01/02 was created SI games and Eidos worked toghether and they don't do anymore. To me it's uncertain who has the rights of the original game.

Some things that I think should be in:
    -Correct competitions (new set up of leagues in the Netherlands, Croatia, Champions League, EC, WC etc. etc.)
    -Rules of these days: foreigner rules, no bosman, no golden goal etc. etc.
    -More realistic transfers (no 9 gk's in one team)
    -Correct national teams (the 11 with the highest HR's in the first 11, not based on league reps.)
    -New playable leagues (China!)
    -Retirement age of managers up
    -International Staff next to managers
    -More job opportunities for staff (managers can become scouts, scouts become assistents etc. etc.)
    -Better balance between GK's, DC's and DMC's and SC's (DMC and SC always high ratings)
    -Better chances for talents to make a breakthrough
    -A new editor which also allows to edit all club names, competition names etc. etc.
    -New game texts and an editor which allows you to change and edit game text.

Probably will edit some more :p

vCash
    you can play it without disc as well mate

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630

vCash
    And it works on Android, just not IoS (yet)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    And it works on Android, just not IoS (yet)
    Is that the 01/02 version that works on Android? I'm using Ios so got no joy, but hell If I knew this was the case, I'd change my phone in a flash - I recall getting some sort of version of Champ Man an a phone, but had all these "in-app" purchases, just wasn't me

vCash
    I must admit, I did think that an iOS app of the game must be viable.

vCash
    There is a thread dedicated to it, open them eyes boys

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've just read some guides Youtube about Android and installation process. Mind you, like you said, CD Roms are no longer on laptops, or at least I recently purchased, but fortunately I've CM0102 on a memory stick that I can install direct from there

vCash
    it's been merged anyway...

vCash
    I would 100% buy this if it ever came to fruition and at any cost!!

The things I would like to see is an option to have a basic 2D match engine, just so that you can see your players carrying out your instructions. The competition structures up to date and transfer windows. Histories updated of all the players and competitions. Ability to arrange International Friendlies and an editor that allows you to update everything simply so that it will never have to be re-released again.

We can dream can't we!! :-)

vCash
    I would be epic if it were ever to happen, but I think that unless we could raise millions it never will

Also Edios and SI are never going to work together on it IMO!

I believe SI own the name and Edios own the rights to the look of the game

vCash
    Eidos cannot make CM. After all whole team which made CM moved with Sports Interactive to SEGA or retired by now. Truth be told it would be hard to convince anyone to make as simplistic game as CM nowadays. FM sales do not lie. Year in year out it's the best selling PC game (boxed) and when counting in digital sales it rises the bar even higher.

FM fans ARE more hardcore than CM. SI/SEGA will never back stab that fanbase. That's what I know for sure. Maybe as side project they COULD make something akin to CM possible on mobile platforms, but seeing how FM handheld failed, they might never attempt to bring their games on smartphones/tablets.

I will be blunt: stop dreaming about CM. Either move on with times (yes, that means switching to what most people here hate: FM) or stick with CM for rest of your lives. For me the choice was obvious and no, I don't buy FM each year when it comes out. I wait. It's not a game which gets old and it's always nice to see what patches change (plus you have pr0 updates for it for whole season +more).

Ah and yes, I do play full FM mode, for those who prefer simpler approach there is always FMH mode (re-branded from FMC - FM Classic). Super fast, hassle free, but unfortunately without possibility to update the db yet. ;(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Eidos cannot make CM. After all whole team which made CM moved with Sports Interactive to SEGA or retired by now. Truth be told it would be hard to convince anyone to make as simplistic game as CM nowadays. FM sales do not lie. Year in year out it's the best selling PC game (boxed) and when counting in digital sales it rises the bar even higher.

FM fans ARE more hardcore than CM. SI/SEGA will never back stab that fanbase. That's what I know for sure. Maybe as side project they COULD make something akin to CM possible on mobile platforms, but seeing how FM handheld failed, they might never attempt to bring their games on smartphones/tablets.

I will be blunt: stop dreaming about CM. Either move on with times (yes, that means switching to what most people here hate: FM) or stick with CM for rest of your lives. For me the choice was obvious and no, I don't buy FM each year when it comes out. I wait. It's not a game which gets old and it's always nice to see what patches change (plus you have pr0 updates for it for whole season +more).

Ah and yes, I do play full FM mode, for those who prefer simpler approach there is always FMH mode (re-branded from FMC - FM Classic). Super fast, hassle free, but unfortunately without possibility to update the db yet. ;(
    Fair points there mate.

I would however if I were them, scrap FM Handheld completely and introduce a game very similar to CM01-02 on Handheld devices and also as a third option on the PC game (alongside the full version and FMC). This would certainly do for me!

vCash
    Either that or give the update team/programmers on here the code and rights for the game? That way we could all keep this great game going 'officially'.

Maybe if we all chipped in and brought the code off of whoever has it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456