Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football League

vCash
    Actually, what about the teams that get relegated? Or is at the stage where teams joining (relegated to) the Championship will have to follow suit with the rules. I mean if 3 teams who agree to the structure get promoted, 3 relegated Prem teams who haven't agreed, join the other 3 who haven't agreed (maths fans 3+3 )
    If rules are rules, would it put more pressure on the Prem teams who may face relegation. Not allowed in the Prem due to relegation, not allowed in the Championship due to debt?

vCash
    You'd probably run the risk of no relegation from the EPL (shit an all that it would be) and a reduction in numbers. Interesting idea, a nightmare to implement without the 20 EPL clubs agreeing too

vCash
    But if it's in the same vein as the Fair Play rules that's set to be implemented to European Tournie hopefuls it may not be as hard to bring in.

vCash
    Is that not shelved already? It's at least reduced in some way anyhow - basically loopholes for the giants, murderous for the little teams as usual

vCash
    Yeah the richer teams have started selling the rights to the colour of the grass. Coupla hundred million was agreed, and the colour chosen? Green.

vCash

vCash
    wtf has happened to Coventry, nearly a youths team on the pitch. Lads with cramp everywhere like they arent even training! Kit man could get a run at this rate

vCash
    Big sam.

Can't get West Ham automatically promoted from the championship, but he'd win the champions league with Real Madrid, don't you know.

vCash
    I hope they go up via the playoffs so they stay away from Paolo Di Canio. Swindon are my local side and i think it's great what he's doing over there. Unfinished business

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    A bore 0-0 draw for Oldham against Bury this weekend put a bit of a downer on the much anticipated derby. The game was also postponed for ten minutes after one of the Oldham players was knocked out and swallowed his tongue (according to a mate of mine who was at the game). Oldham are currently in 18th place. Here's hoping that next season is more successful and that the last game of the season against Carlisle will be a good one. A poor season in summary however.

vCash
    When I read this:
    Spoiler!

I thought of this...
    Spoiler!

vCash
    never doubted our safety....

vCash
    Adlene saved you

vCash
    Playoff semi finals start tonight with Cardiff City v West Ham

Our town centre is already heaving with traffic.. My bets are on either a 1-0 win for Cardiff before losing in the return leg.

Birmingham v Blackpool is the other semi final, and I reckon Birmingham will win that one setting up a final between two teams that are aiming for a first time return to the premier league.

I hope its a Cardiff v Blackpool final to be honest, and Cardiff to avenge their loss 2 years ago

vCash
    I want Birmingham to go up just for Chris Hughton as he was so badly treated by Newcastle.
    Regardless of the success we have had this year, it was still badly done by the club.

Or Blackpool. Seeing more Holloway interviews can only be a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    Adlene saved you
    Naww, Higginbotham did
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash

English Championship

im sure i heard that terry connor was unhappy and not getting the wolves job full time today on the radio
    is he for real?
    he may well be a half decent coach, but he is no manager.
    kinda feel sorry for him, has been at wolves a long time and may now have to leave all due to that clown of a chairmans crazy decsion to get rid of a manager who may have kept them up, and now he appoints then new egil olsen
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Says the bloke who thinks Neil Lennon is a good manager

I think if you look around Wolves messageboards 90% of fans are happy with the appointment of Stale Solbakken, we'll bounce back im not worried. Rather be in a competitive Championship with a challenge to win promotion than a piss poor league with no challengers, managed by a jumped up prick who plays up to the camera.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    Says the bloke who thinks Neil Lennon is a good manager

I think if you look around Wolves messageboards 90% of fans are happy with the appointment of Stale Solbakken, we'll bounce back im not worried. Rather be in a competitive Championship with a challenge to win promotion than a piss poor league with no challengers, managed by a jumped up prick who plays up to the camera.

10 in a row

vCash
    Don't think Wolves will come back up unless they invest in some good players

Scottish football - when was the last time Celtic/rangers did something decent in champ league?!

vCash
    i don't think warnock will be far away with leeds next season,
    good manager at that level.
    10 in a row

vCash
    I'm happy with the appointment of Solbakken. If we keep the likes of Fletcher, Doyle and Jarvis, I think we'll bounce straight back up but overall I'm not fussed. I'm prepared to give Stale the time to rebuild and make us into a team who actually have a system, and if that takes two or three years so be it.

He apparently likes to play a short passing game in a 4-2-2-2, but makes his teams flexible tactically. And he's not to be messed with judging by some videos on youtube

vCash
    You won't keep hold of Jarvis and Fletcher though, and i think you know that.

vCash
    Unless someone offers silly money for Fletcher we won't sell him.

With Jarvis I think for the sake of his England prospects he will go.

We have a good enough squad (excluding them two) to still be up there challenging.

vCash
    Like YW says Fletcher and Jarvis will only go for good money, as financially we are very well off and for all the stick he gets Moxey normally gets a good deal for the club in regards to sales.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast