Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football League

vCash

English Football League

Discussion for those teams in the Championship, League 1, League 2 or even Non League.

vCash
    CAFC win again and both Sheffield teams failed to win... We're now 13 points clear.

Life is good.

vCash
    Nottingham Forest like to make things hard for themselves!

vCash
    Charlton lose at home to Colchester but Sheffield Utd fail to take advantage and lose themselves to Walsall.

vCash
    My cousin will be gutted with that. Not very often Charlton lose and he's got a big bet on atm with MK Dons. What he's done is made a bet where he's added a certain number of points to 1 team from each division so that they "win" the title. If it comes off, he'll win a few grand!

The 4 teams are Spurs, Reading, MK Dons and Shrewsbury. Only MK Dons are letting him down right now but they lost to Yeovil
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    We bounced back with a win today only 4 points off 5th with a game in hand now.

vCash
    Reading - 8 wins in a row and West Ham struggling at home again against lowly Doncaster. Reading could get automatic promotion at this rate, although they're due for a lean spell. They can't keep this up. I'm going for Southampton and West Ham for the automatic promotion places.

In Division 1, Charlton had a shock home defeat against in form revitalised Notts County under Keith Curle but they're well ahead of the pack and I expect them to get promoted automatically along with one of the Sheffield clubs. I'm going for Wednesday as Danny Wilson doesn't have a great record of taking clubs up automatically.

Swindon will surely get promotion from Div 2. Only a major disaster would see them miss out. The other two automatic places I think will go to Shrewsbury & Cheltenham.

vCash
    Good week for my cousin's bets with Charlton losing and MK Dons winning

I said before that he wins a few grand if it comes in. I was wrong.... It's 116,000!!!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash

That'll be some win!

vCash
    Reckons he'll treat us all to a holiday if it comes in So I'm rooting for him Got my fingers crossed for him anyway though - He's renting a room atm about 30 minutes away from the village so if he wins, he'll be putting the money on a house to move back in the area which would be good.

I think it's MK Dons and Shrewsbury letting him down at the moment. Obviously Charlton losing helped massively whilst Shrewsbury are losing by goal difference so that's pretty tight. Spurs need to get their acts together as well.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Despite gaining just 1 point from our last 3 games we are still 9 points clear at the top of League 1... Surely we can't lose the title now?

Mervmeister Unattached
    You would think not Cafc but this is Charlton we are talking about.
    Think you will win it, but both Sheffield sides and Huds will be within a few pts of you come end of season me thinks.

vCash
    Keep dropping points please, a possible holiday from my cousin depends on it
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Leeds 3-7 Forest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Keep dropping points please, a possible holiday from my cousin depends on it
    Sorry Mark

vCash
    Prick And you can tell Chris Powell as well
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Could I ask Chris powell to keep doing what he is doing
    Few more wins for swfc and we will be passing you

vCash
    You're acting like you are close to passing us, don't forget that despite our recent poor form you're still 8 points behind mate

vCash
    Thanks Huddersfield
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Bye Bye Coventry

Mervmeister Unattached
    Glad to see back of them, horrible team.
    Gutted for Pompy though

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    So glad that Oldham are now safe from relegation going in to the final two games of the season against Bury and Carlisle. Seven point clear of the drop means that they can relax for the next two games and hopefully see the season out with a pair of wins. Should be interesting to see what happens over the off season, with little money and dire finances I can't see Oldham spending big or building on the shit they've got already. Hopefully Dickov will be able to secure a few season long loans of youngsters from the Premier League so we don't have to battle relegation again next season. Right now though, I can't see a bright or successful future for Oldham which really is painful to accept. Even Bury look more secure than we do.

vCash
    This can only be good for football.
    Champ clubs agree to FFP model
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Good stuff. Bet the 3 clubs are former EPL sides - West Ham, Birmingham and A.N.Other...
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Interesting idea, but would it create a divide to the EPL too large a gap to ever bridge financially?

You would end up with a lot of clubs trying to to do what Blackpool done and having a 10, 15 or 20k salary cap (which isnt such a bad thing).

On the flip side, a club 6-7 years out of the league under those restrictions could become quiet healthy financially and give them a chance to compete for transfers in the EPL without putting the club on the brink of going bust

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast