Thread: Personal managerial habits/rules

vCash
    So...

Always pick a team from the lower division in Portugal
    Rarely sign a player who is +30
    Frequently scout for youth players
    Never stay more than 4/5 seasons at the same club
    Don`t give a damn about board recommendations on players
    Always 2 or 3 pre season friendly matches in one country ( like a tour)
    I usually assign squad numbers and reserve the magic number 7 for star player
    Won`t play a guy at less than 90% ( unless i have no other option)
    I hate defender/striker players. A player who can play in the middle of the defense and also as a striker looking for goals ?!? Give me a break ( And I love versatile players, but this is ridiculous)
    Troublemakers players are doomed with me.
    If i give a chance to a player and he fullfills the task well, usually I do not look at names and try to be fair, unless your name is Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo...you will have to fight for your place in my starting 11

vCash
    Yes, I'm very close to my players and I know this might affect their mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    really?
    I'm very close to my players and I know that wrong squad number might affect their self-confidence.

Double-post sorry, I'm pretty much a caveman.

vCash
    Or actually I do some stuff with the jersey numbers. If a player makes a really great impact on the club, like playing 10+ seasons or preferably plays his entire career at the club, I may "retire" his number so that no one can have it after him. Done that with numbers 7-11 couple of times, but very rarely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
    i don't like to let the game assign the jersey numbers for me cuz it always gives 4 to the most creative midfielder and 10 to the best forward, it seems wrong.

i always try to keep the old players that had been at the club for at least 3 years, in the coaching staff, like keeping it in the family. i do promote them to asistent eventually.
    4 - Veron

If I do assign numbers, 4 would be to a creative mid along with 10.

5 and 6 are central defenders

8 central mid

7 and 11 wingers

9 - striker

vCash
    My current game I let the players have their number until they are either transfer listed or sold. When I sign new players they are given an available number, and only players that I think will do very well gets numbers from 1 to 11. Players I'm not so sure will develop into first-teamers are given numbers bigger than 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoazevedo View Post
    Troublemakers players are doomed with me.
    I remember Anelka in ODB was just that. He was good though, scored 36 in 38 games for me once but then missed training a couple of times so i had to sell him )

vCash
    I had Anelka for about 5 seasons on one of my old saves on the ODB, if you played him every game and always praised him he behaved alright and smashed the goals in. I bought him for about 4m and sold him for 25m, and that was only because he got unhappy when I turned down a 20m bid for him, I knew then it was time to get shut of him quick before he caused any more unrest.

vCash
    Always move the cursor of the mouse towards the opposite team's half of the screen/pitch after (re)starting a match. Like that'll terrify them...

vCash
    That's a good one! I do the exact opposite as i like to be one click away from my team's tactics because playing at full speed, by the time i make a decision to when i actually make a change something bad might happen. It's silly, i know.

vCash
    About cheating I know that few guys will confess to do it or at least confess that they already cheated before...sometimes things just go wrong, a decisive match and you feel that you are being robbed by the referee ( penalty kicks not given, disallowed goals,etc ) or for instance, your team take complete control of the game, more possession, more shots, more goal occasions and your opponent win the match with only one shot ( sometimes not even that...a silly own goal is enough to beat you ) I already cheated before, however i always get bad conscience and I end up deleting that particular save.

One thing that i don`t do at all, is to change my personal attributes as manager. The same thing talking about players...i don`t change nothing at all.

vCash
    - I use a disk partition with XP just for the game. I play "online" alone (auto-continue mode. best time & clicks saver)
    - League/domestic cups Matches fast. UCL/UEFA normal. Finals: very slow.
    - Leagues: Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Germany & England.
    - I create two managers: Inti (4-1-3-2) & Into (3-1-3-1-2) Twin brothers that hate each other. They start at two big teams and follow each other from country to country. They apply for every international job available… so they take the fight to world cups, euro & copa America. They Compete & try to steal player for the other team, etc…
    From time to time they smoke the peace pipe (or a bong) and trade players. The goal is to win the 6 leagues. The one with more titles, cups wins & that’s the end of the .sav
    - If the league is “broken” I create new managers from top teams of the league, spend all the money in players from leagues out of my loaded 6 & then I retire them (usually the old manager get the job back)
    - Squads of 24 players (no scrolling) Reserve for young players on loan & listed players.
    - Sell anyone at 31. Any player who missed a practice. Talkingabout changing teams? OUT. Worst average at the end of the season? OUT. Strikers with less than 15 goals at the end of the season: OUT. Defenses with less than 7.00 average: OUT. Players under 6.70 at 31/12/XX sold or traded.
    - Always sell good players only to teams on the same division. I sell only after the shareholders steal MY money.
    - Team A & the muletto. First 6 games of the season they rotate. After that the best average plays. Muletto for cups & easy European matches.
    - Buys: Players from former teams. I check out all the relegated teams from all leagues for RRC. Never buy a player with less than 14 in stamina. +32 players only for small teams. I put an MRC for every player.
    - Subs: at 45 for players with 5 or less. For goalkeepers with 4 I change them at 46 to make them have the walk of shame. 3 changes at 65 (except on important matches that I leave one free for injuries) Player with 2 goals never goes out (Hat-trick hunter) Player with a 10 is substituted at any time.
    - No player under 99% starts the match. In finals the limit is 95%.
    - Training: All players in general with None- Intensive -Intensive- Intensive. Training starts on "“squad numbers day"” (Clean+Auto) and ends on the last game day.
    - Resignation from clubs: After winning UCL or League title. I resign if I throw a title on the last match of the season. If I don’t win the UCL in 2,5/3 seasons.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inti For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Shocking, but I Love it!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

AJ, Inti

vCash
    You, yourself & the AI... by far the best/more fun way to play... this glorious game... after soooo many years.

vCash
    My CM manager habits .. Where do i start,,

My captain will always be my highest paid player, no matter who i identify as coming in my captain will remain on top dollar,

My captain will also always be a CB or CDM role player,

I will set a budget and not go over that for my wage so if i say my defenders are on 750 a week no one will go over 750,

I will always look to rotate my players in cup games against lower teams and i start at the bottom so cup runs are essential to me,

I will always make sure i have a keeper on my bench, been caught out a few times,

Squad size around 20 players and then look to have 6-7 development players around me,

Will arrange friendly games during the season for my fringe players if not playing in the reserve games,

Rarely touch my training set it up at the start of the season and dont really move players from there respective groups,

Will scout players but try and keep my scouts to just a couple, would rather look around for players myself,

If a player is below 85% fitness i will look to rest them up,

I will invite as many players for a 4 week trial as i can so asses whats about and available,

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wayupna For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I love to manual scout players by going to each major-ish league, and going down each team, sorting by youngest first to find those gems.
    Age, value and appearances can tell a lot about some future superstars.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pabbers For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Inti View Post
    Player with 2 goals never goes out (Hat-trick hunter)
    If I have a player on 2 goals and get a penalty, I often do a quick tactics change so that he gets to take it

If they get a 4th, then I'll take them off with 5 mins to go so that the fans can show their appreciation
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I usually play with minimum database, no screen change, no sound, only 1 league.
    I try to sign every good free agent player, and then I put on transfer list 90% of them..so everytime my club is in a good financial status

vCash
    All leagues in foreground, maximum database.

Usually I intend playing a long career save so I select a country like Russia as start date so the majority of leagues are half way through. Always start at a team bottom of their league at the bottom of the pyramid, and usually in somewhere like England or Italy so there are plenty of tiers to climb. I can only apply for jobs a maximum of one tier above me (if I get offered a job without applying then this rule is discounted). If I don't equal or better last season's league finish in a career save then I resign and look for a new job.

My squad size is a regular matchday squad quota +2. If someone isn't 100% condition then they won't start if his understudy is of a higher condition. I substitute based on condition, normally anything below 80% warrants coming off. Match rating of 5 or less gets dropped next game if possible.

Always employ at least 3 at the back with a minimum of two DCs. Must have either two full-backs or two wing-backs.

I'm not that fussed about squad numbers. Usually because I start in lower leagues where it is just 1-11. If I start at a club with squad numbers I'll go online and replicate their number list in the game. After that it's just a bit of realism, like if I sign Pirlo he will get #21 etc.

vCash
    Always let a player play against his former club, even if that breaks my rotation schedule. I imagine that he knows his former teammates good and what weaknesses to exploit, and can tell rest of my team about it. Besides, it's a good feeling when he scores against them.

vCash
    Wow that's hard
    I probably have a lot of habits but it's hard to see them.

So I never buy 30 and 30+ players, and I'd say rarely 28+. I just like youth in my teams.
    Never let a player step on me. I won't permit that, and sometimes I can regret the consequences of what I do (but never what I did).

I don't really know about others. I don't have rules about turn-over in cup, subs, fitness,... One thing, but that's not an "habit" per se, I'm really bad with letting players go. If a player is good, I won't sell him. I've watched a few FM series on youtube for example, or Fifa series, and a lot of people don't hesitate to sell, and then buy somebody else, sometimes better. I have troubles doing that with a player I'm satisfied with, unless it's my choice first and I can find the perfect reachable replacement.

vCash
    Only play leagues with squad numbers
    I play a narrow formation so any Mids or Atts without a C get listed/released. I will play some wide players out of position in friendlies to see if they can do a job there anyway
    18 Players in First Team (Starting XI + 7 Subs, inc. GK) (Numbered 1 - 18)
    11 Capable Players in Reserves (Numbered 19 - 29)
    11 Young Players in Reserves - Basically punts to see if they make it. (Numbered 30 - 40)
    Anyone not slotting into the above is listed/released
    Review the above after season update on July 1st
    If one of my 18 get injured/suspended I temporarily promote an in-form player from the reserves for that position
    Last 5 games with an average under 7 is a dropping.
    Anyone with a avg rating under 7 at the end of the season will leave the club

vCash
    I also tend to have that 7 rating idea since ever with CM/FM. Which I'm not sure is that good of a thing.
    Well, in CM you could have 7.00+ rating on all your players, sometimes even with very few money spent. And I think that 7 was indeed a rating that was a good reference for a decent/good player.
    But I feel like in later editions, maybe it was harder to get 7s, so I started to not be satisfied by player with 6.92 ratings or something.
    I always wondered if I was right or just way too demanding for wanting 7.00 at least for my players.

vCash
    I tend to take off players having a good game to keep their ratings up

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oh I got one habit idea: I never refuse offers. I always negociate to very high numbers, to avoid players to be unhappy with refused offers (FM16 is a d**k because clubs often make non negociable offers that wrecks the roster).
    Also, any guy at 5 in a game immediately get off the pitch, and guys with 6 get out too (unless there are a lot, but still some changes will be made)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast