Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] It's Fergie time

vCash
    Who is the wurst ?

The training session took my mind off my disastrous attempt to seduce Julia. If we were going to work together, I’d have to sort out our relationship, but nothing much I could do about it for now. The training took my mind off that problem, but gave me an even bigger headache to sleep on. Not that there was anything wrong with the facilities. Ochilview couldn’t be faulted on that score.

The ground was laid with an artificial pitch and from what I could tell looked to be pretty good one. The ball appeared to have a true roll across the surface although there was always a problem with an uneven bounce suffered by every artificial pitch I’ve played on.

We could use this to our advantage. Other sides won’t be used to the surface and if we could put together some sort of passing game then I fully expect to get some results from the home fixtures. It certainly won’t help any team coming here and looking to punt the ball up the park and there was no problem with us using the main pitch for training.

Overall, I’d rather play on grass, but this pitch was not the problem.

As we arrived, Spencer introduced me to Billy Gibson the club scout and Iain MacIver the physio. After the formalities of handshakes, we sat down in the main stand to overview the proceedings. Gibson appeared quite young to be a scout, early 30s and as we chatted he admitted that he had been forced to retire early having played most recently for Cambridge Utd and Yeovil. He had a sound footballing knowledge and I liked him, so I was prepared to give him a chance. I asked him to suss out any players he could find who were out of contract, and asked him to leave his phone on as I may have some specific players I was interested in. MacIver was in his early forties and pretty clueless about anything, even the basic medical knowledge that any physio should know.

There were 2 groups being put through their paces out on the pitch and one lad who was sitting on a wall with crutches by his side, eating a sausage roll.

Me: Who’s that with the crutches ?
    MacIver: David Greenhill. He came to me complaining of a back problem, so I gave him a rub down with a cold sponge and put him on crutches for a couple of weeks.
    Me: No thoughts of sending him to an Osteopath to see if there is a root problem ?
    MacIver: Nah ! Cold sponge and crutches works for most injuries in my opinion.
    Me: And are sausage rolls on your diet plan ?

He patted his belly

MacIver: They work for me !

I made a note in my book ….. Find a physio ….. And marked it with 3 stars to show its importance.

One group of players were been taken through some passing drills, while the other were jogging round the pitch, occasionally stopping to do press ups or squats. Before I could ask it, Spencer answered my question.

Field: John Brownlie prefers to do the technical stuff and Barry Daniel the fitness. It’s a combination that’s worked so far.
    Me: Worked to get you where exactly ? What the hell is Daniel doing with them ?
    Field: I asked them to build up the fitness levels before we face Dumbarton on Friday.
    Me: He could do something a bit more relevant to football. This is stuff kids do at school.

I made a further note ….. Get rid of Daniel ….. This was also marked with 3 stars.

I counted the players and, including the injured Greenhill, I made it 15. The rest must be out on a training run or something. I checked with Spencer.

Me: Will the rest of the squad be back soon. I’d like to see them all today.
    Him: That is it. If you need any more players, you’ll have to sign them.
    Gibson: I’ve already cast my eye over the youth teams. I don’t think any of them are ready yet, but I guess you can call on them in an emergency.

I didn’t think this could get any worse. 14 ½ players, a crap coach, a crap physio and no cash available to put it right. I was also tasked with improving the squad and my first 2 actions would be to get rid of staff.

I was wrong, it could get much worse, not just for me, but also for A Mangy Crow who was roosting on top of the main stand.

For now I had seen enough of the drills. I wanted to know if any of these guys had any ability. I headed down from the stand onto the hallowed plastic to take things over myself.

Me: Ok lads gather round …… I’m Alex Ferguson, your new manager.

A few sniggers went round. I picked on one of them looking at the initials on his top.

Me: You …. Pee Zed …. Something you want to share ?
    Philipp Zufle: Nein Chef. Es ist nur so, dass der Manchester United chef den gleichen namen hat
    Me: What the fuck ! Is this some fucking Falkirk interbreeding dialect ?
    JG: Jamie Glasgow boss. Phil is German and we just thought it was funny that you have the same name as Fergie.
    Me: Well I hope it’s just as funny when you find out that me and Fergie share a hair drier. For now, youse can call me “boss” or “gaffer”. Got it ?

Lots of head nodding and mumbled OK gaffer.

Me: Right. You know nothing about me and I know nothing about you, so that means it’s clean slates all round. I don’t care what you’ve done before, it’s what you do from now on that counts in my book. We’ve got a game in 6 days time. It’s only a friendly but Dumbarton are a couple of leagues above us. It’s my job to turn you lot into something resembling a football team before then. First I need to know how you play. I had hoped for an 11 aside, but we can make do with 7’s. First off, sort yourself’s out. Keepers over there, defenders there, midfielders there and forwards there. If you’re not sure, goto your preferred position.

There was a scuffle of activity as they all went to their places.

Me: Where the fuck are the keepers ?
    Field: We did have a couple last year, but they didn’t sign up again and we were waiting on your appointment to see who you wanted to bring in.

Jesus wept ! Another note was entered ….. KEEPERS ….. this was given 4 stars and underlined ! What I had was 4 defenders, 2 attackers and 8 midfielders, plus the injured David Greenhill who I later discovered was a right winger. Most of them were young and I would guess the average age to be under 21. The injured Greenhill looked to be the oldest and he turned out to be 26 !

Eventually we got a game going across the pitch, with the midfielders taking turns to play in goal and one team playing with bibs. Not that the makeshift keepers were overly tested. The two strikers, Mickey Herd and Paul Quinn were so bad that nothing came close to a goal. After 15 minutes it was still 0-0 with no sign of the score ever changing. Showing a burst of pace I didn’t know he had, Scott Maxwell sprinted down the right and sent in a low cross for Mickey Herd just 2 yards out. All he had to do was tap it in and we could all go home.

He absolutely hammered it ! Hammered it skywards, clearing the cross bar by several feet and with laser guided precision smashing into the aforementioned crow with a flurry of feathers. The ball came down from the roof first, bouncing just inside the goal mouth. The dead crow followed, hitting the ball at the top of it’s bounce with just enough force to deflect it over the line.

Mickey Herd spun away, arm aloft as if he’d just scored in a Champions League final.

Herd: Last one to the chippy has to eat the pickled onion !

With my head held in my hands, the rest of the team ran off after him with Zufle at the back shouting

Zufle: Ich möchte eine Wurst und frites

I was left thinking that wurst pretty much sums him up.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For those interested, here is the entire squad.

Jamie Glasgow and Nathan Shepherd look to be adequate, with maybe David Greenhill and Craig Donaldson able to make the grade. The rest were simply not upto it even at this level. I was tempted to play the 1st season with this squad as it is, but this adventure is going to be long enough without making life any harder than it needs to be. (spoilers are for those not on a good internet bandwidth)

Spoiler!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Enjoying this thus far Eejit

vCash
    Good write up, that one. Sounds like you've got a LOT of work to do, especially finding a keeper within 6 days!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Great write ups, and a terrible team, should be interesting.

vCash
    A second chance to make a first impression

I didn’t get much sleep, so many thoughts going through my head. Where was I going to find a team from ? Julia. What goal keepers did I know ? Julia. How could we face Dumbarton in 6 days …. Scrap that …. Now 5 days ? Julia. How could I improve the diet of some lads from central Scotland ? Julia.

There may have been many questions, but there was just one picture that filled my restless sleep. I must though have got some sleep as the alarm woke me just as my dream was getting interesting. Fucking typical !

A quick shower to freshen up and I was ready for a busy day. First call was to the Dumbarton FC offices, where I got put through to player manager Ian Murray. I made my apologies but explained that we just didn’t have a team ready to give him any sort of challenge, so unfortunately I would be forced to cancel our friendly. He understood, we wished each other luck for the season ahead and one of my headaches had been resolved. It did look as if we would be starting the season without any match practice, so it made it all the more important that we got some solid training in before a scheduled League Cup first round game against as yet un-named opponents. 27 days to go, I had bought myself time.

I did have a new problem. John Brownlie couldn’t do it on his own and Barrry Daniel wasn’t going to be much help. Who did I know that might be interested in some part time coaching work. I had a list of contacts in my phone, but I was pretty sure that all would be in work. As I scrolled through my contacts list, a name came up. It would be a major coupe if we could get him, maybe even as a player coach, but nothing to loose, I pressed the dial button.

Me: Is that Craig Gordon ?
    Gordon: Speaking.
    Me: Hi mate. It’s Alex ….. Alex Ferguson
    Gordon: I thought United were on a Far East tour. What can I do for you ?
    Me: Not that Alex. We had trials together at Hearts. Remember ?
    Gordon: Aye. I mind you now. What’s happening with you ?
    Me: Well, for my sins I’ve got a gig as manger at East Stirlingshire …… Stop laughing ! We all have to start somewhere ….. anyway that’s why I’m calling. Heard you’d been released by Sunderland and wondered if you’d got yourself fixed up yet ? Maybe the part time would allow that knee to fix itself.
    Gordon: Sorry mate. Firstly, I think I’ve hung up my gloves for good and secondly, I’ve just started working for Dumbarton. Thanks for the thought and good luck at Shire. You’re going to need it.

Bugger Dumbarton.

I flicked on further and found another possible. How ironic if he was to work for “Alex Ferguson” again, although he may be past playing now. I pressed the dial button, but was put through to a voice mail, so I left a brief message and asked him to call back.

It was time to make the most important call of the day. There was a slight nervous shake in my hand as I dialed the number. I got a reply …. Not an answer phone.

Julia: East Stirlingshire football club. Julia Fearn. How can I help you.
    Me: It’s Alex here. Alex Ferguson.
    Julia: Oh.
    Me: I just want to apologise for my behavior yesterday. I’ve been a bit of an idiot.
    Julia: A bit ?
    Me: Look, I’m not normally like that. I think that the nerves of my first day in the job got to me and I was trying to act big to impress
    Julia: You call that acting big ?
    Me: Julia, I had no idea that Spencer was your father.
    Julia: So it would have been OK to act like that if it had been someone else ?
    Me: Eh … no. Not really, but like I say Julia, It was a one off..
    Julia: If you’re to get anywhere you need to show a bit of respect. My father has worked hard to get to where he is, so OK, East Stirling might not be much, but he’s kept the club afloat when others would have given in. How would your namesake Fergie behave ? Even when he’s putting someone down, he still shows respect. You could learn a lot from him.
    Me: You’re absolutely right. I’ve been an eejit and need to show you the new me.

I crossed my fingers for the next section of the call

Me: I know that you don’t often get a second chance to make a first impression, but as we’re going to be working together, I’d like to try.
    Julia: What do you have in mind ?
    Me: I’d like to take you out and show you the real me

There was a pause while she considered this offer.

Julia: On 2 conditions
    Me: No problem Julia. What do I have to do.
    Julia: Firstly you need to show me the respect that you think I deserve as a colleague and a friend
    Me: Goes without saying Julia. So we’re friends ?
    Julia: For now.

Yeeeessss

Me: What’s the second condition ?
    Julia: You’re paying !
    Me: A gentleman like me wouldn’t have it any other way.
    Julia: There’s a third thing
    Me: What’s that Julia
    Julia: You can start calling me Jools like everyone else. Only tossers like my father call me fucking Julia !

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Only tossers like my father

Shame about Craig Gordon, would have been good to have him as player coach. Intrigued as to who the ex-Man Utd player (coach?) could be.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Blossoming relationship.

She's gotta have some contacts as well if she's been involved in running the club.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Only tossers like my father

Shame about Craig Gordon, would have been good to have him as player coach. Intrigued as to who the ex-Man Utd player (coach?) could be.

vCash

Legends Lift Struggling Shire

By Succulent Lamb (Sports Editor)
    Wednesday 7th July, 2010

The word legend is often overused, particularly when discussing football, however today tiny East Stirlingshire lodged the paperwork with the SFA to complete deals on not 1, not 2 but 4 such names, all fully deserving of the tag legend. Joining new manager Alex Ferguson’s coaching team at Ochilview will be none other than John Barnes, Jim Leighton, David Phillips and Tony Cottee.

Barnes (49) played 79 times for England, scoring 11 times and enjoyed great success in club football, at Watford, Newcastle and Charlton, however it is his 314 games for Liverpool that he will be most remembered for, winning 2 English League titles and 2 English FA Cups. He arrives with coaching experience at Celtic and Tranmere as well as the Jamacan national side. The Herald understands that he is to take the role of assistant to Ferguson at Shire.

Leighton (54) kept goal for Scotland on 91 occasions, including 3 world cup finals. In a club career that spanned 22 years he played a total of 635 times, most famously for Aberdeen, where he won 3 Scottish league titles, 4 Scottish cups and a European Cup Winners Cup and Manchester United where he won an FA Cup.

Phillips (49) played 62 times for Wales, scoring twice. In his 620 club games he is most famous in Coventry where he was part of their 1987 FA cup winning side

Cottee (47) has 7 England caps, however it is a club career where he scored 239 goals in 602 starts that made him a hero at West Ham, Everton and Leicester City, where he won an FA Cup.

But how did the Scottish minnows manage to pull off such a major coupe ? Leighton tells us the story. “We were all round Barnsie’s place playing a bit of poker. The guys had cleaned me out and we had just taken a break to top up our drinks when I noticed I had a missed call on my mobile. Turned out it was from Alex (Ferguson) except I thought it was from “THE” Alex Ferguson. Well that would have been a turn up for the books, as we've hardly spoken since the 1990 cup final replay. Once we realized it was East Stirlingshire, we had a laugh about it, I mean, it had to be a joke. Right.”

“Anyway, Tony is always one for a laugh and he offered to lend me money to get back in the card game, but only on the condition that I accepted this part time work for Shire. Being part time, it still allowed me time for my media commitments, so I agreed, but countered it with a deal that they had to join me if I won the money back and repaid Tony before the end of the night.”

“It was probably the beer talking, but hands were shaken and from there on my luck changed. I've never been delt such good cards before and I won all my money back, and that it why we are all here at Ochilview.”

It may be a strange way for the four to land in East Stirlingshire, but what are their thoughts now that they’ve had a look around. Barnes takes up the story.

“This is a great little club and the lads are keen to learn. It’s a couple of weeks before I can formally take over, but I’m looking forward to working with the lads. Alex (Ferguson) will be doing most of the day to day hands on stuff, but we will be dropping in when we can between our other commitments to lend a hand.”

A spokeswoman for the club commented that she was “delighted to welcome such famous names to East Stirlingshire”, and that it was “a testament to the energy and enthusiasm brought by the new manager” that had seen these deals completed.

In other Shire news, Alex Ferguson announced the first addition to his playing squad. Former Bairn academy graduate Paul Sludden returns to the area after a season with East Fife.

Sludden, a striker, played 6 times for The Fifers without finding the net and was released by them last month. “I thought that my chance had gone when East Fife released me, but Mr Ferguson has offered me a second chance and I’ll be looking to repay his faith in my ability”.

When asked, Ferguson said he was “very happy” with his first signing and advised the support to await more names coming through the doors in the next few weeks.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Big names!

None of them have any coaching quality (Barnes proved that!) but big names all the same!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's a fabulous list! Love the back story too.

KUTGW!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I love it Bet their coaching stats are actually quite pathetic

Good to see you've got a signing too, hopefully the goalkeepers are coming.
    The Alphabet Game #3

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For a laugh, I'll put up their coaching stats when I get home tonight. They are not that bad, especially for this league

vCash
    And here are my famous coaching staff

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Awesome stuff mate, some absolutely terrible players there, I bet them coaches could still perform better than some of the playing staff!

I'm claiming that goal as well!
    Last edited by AMC; 17-05-13 at 09:05 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not bad mate, not bad at all for the level you're playing at. Definite coups, for sure
    The Alphabet Game #3

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's some good quality at this level, and their reputation might help with attracting players.

Loving the Dreama Walker, looking forward to some Krysten Ritter too maybe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    After some research into the stimulus, i have been to deduce that indeed Ochilview Park is a shared stadium between Stenhousemuir F.C. and East Stirlingshire F.C., though Stenhousemuir has been the occupants since 1890 (whereas the club was established in 1884). East Stirlingshire has since shared it since 2008, there former home was demolished in 2012. Of course, there is an outstanding different between the two stadiums: Firs Park had a capacity of 1,800 with 200 seats whereas Ochilview Park has over 3,746 with 626 seats. Another interesting piece of information is that Stenhousemuir is in the Second Tier of the Scottish League and East Stirlingshire is in the Third tier, meaning that any derbies on there ground is unlikely, especially with East Stirlingshire being at the bottom of the Third division table, and Stenhousemuir being sixth.

No need to thank me for the information, i am just doing a kind service,

SwanLake
    Sorry, I thought that I had replied to this earlier. Is SwanLake another of your underworld assassins who bores his victims to death by endlessly reciting useless facts ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Sorry, I thought that I had replied to this earlier. Is SwanLake another of your underworld assassins who bores his victims to death by endlessly reciting useless facts ?

How did you know?

Testing him out, to see if it can do some damage a Eejit story, doesn't seem to work though

vCash
    An unexpected guest

Me: Right lads. Well done, it's been a good week and you've worked hard. Go and get changed and enjoy a well deserved weekend. You've deserved it.

It had been a good week, if very busy. In addition to the signing of Paul Sludden and the four coaches, we had 6 players in on trial (2 had been offered contracts) while a further 41 players had been offered deals without even a trial. 22 had rejected the terms we could offer while 12 were still considering their options. The remaining seven had all signed up on 2 or 3 year deals and I was delighted to be able to add them to a squad that was starting to take shape. We now had 23 players on the books, although 4 had been transfer listed.

Finally we had enough players for some practice games, although still no goalkeepers !

First to arrive was Johnny Lindsay, a 19 year old left sided defender who could play in the center if needed. He was a lad I knew quite well having watched him many times in the Partick Thistle reserve side and twice in the first team. His previos club, St. Johnstone had given him just 1 game off the bench although 2 loan spells, at Dumbarton and Brechin had given him another 11 starts. Sadly a move to Stalybridge had failed to workout and he had been released at the seasons end. He is tall and strong, has a bit of pace and should do a job for us.

Steven Hogg brings some badly needed experience. The former Man Utd trainee is now 26 and has 44 starts to his name with York, Gretna, Shrewsbury and Rochdale. Primarily a central midfielder, he is hard working he can put in a shift on the left wing.

The third player is also left sided and an out and out winger. He is also the second ex-Jag to sign up. Marc Corcoran is 31 and has chalked up 249 games and 19 goals in his 9 seasons with Hamilton, St. Mirren, Partick Thistle and Ross County. “Corky” is quick, can run all day and will cause defenders problems if he can improve his final delivery.

Josh Pritchard is the second Man Utd trainee to join the ranks. The 19 year old had been released by Fulham after a loan spell at Tromso where he played 7 times. He has twice been called on by the Welsh U21s, but has yet to get off the bench. Primarily a right back he can play central defense or midfield. His versatility will make him a good man to have on the bench, as I am concerned that he might not have the stamina to last a full 90 minutes.

Charlie Howard snapped up the chance to return to senior football after a couple of seasons out of action. The 22 year old central midfielder made 1 appearance in 3 years at Gillingham and was released after unsuccessful loans to Dulwich Hamlet and Thurrock. He's another hardworking player and I'm looking forward to him forming a partnership with Hogg.

Raphale Evans was picked up from the Lancashire leagues after spells with Rochdale and Northwich Victoria were ended by a prison sentence for violent disorder. Since being released, the 22 year old left sided defender has been a reformed character and is looking forward to a fresh start in a new town. He may need to wait his chance, but I think he is a valuable addition to the squad.

Finally, our second young striker. 20 year old Stephen Reynolds was snapped up after being released by St.Johnstone. He played 18 times for The Saints and a further 31 on loan to Ayr and Raith Rovers, finding the net 5 times. He also has 2 U19 caps to his name, scoring once. Before his release, he was widely described as “The New Kris Boyd” and I would be more than happy if he turns out to be half the player Boyd was.

The transfer listed players were Phillip Zufle, Scott Maxwell, Jamie Benton and Stephen Jackson. There had been some interest and scouts had been to look at them, although as yet no bids had been received.

Although I had spoken to her many times during the week on club business, the date with Jools hadn’t been mentioned again. To be honest we were both too busy, I had to do a lot of my own scouting, while assessing the trialists, overviewing the training and attending the League Cup first round draw, which paired us with Queen's Park at Ochilview. That would be my first match in charge. Jools had been tied up with the paperwork, player registrations and press releases as well as manning the club shop. I did have some flowers sent round to the shop with a big “Sorry” written on the card and had got back a text message with “The flowers are lovely XXX”.

Three kisses. That had to be significant. One kiss could be dismissed as casual, but you had to mean it to give 3 kisses …. And they were all in capitals !

However this was the end of the week and tonight was the night.

We had agreed to meet up in Cheerz Bar in the middle of town at 7pm, to start off with a drink and take it from there. That left me with plenty of time to have a shave, a shower and put on something smart, but not looking as if I was trying. The lucky underpants were left in the drawer. No need for them tonight as it would need to play the long game to catch Jools.

The taxi dropped me off just after 6:30, no way I was going to be late and I settled down at a table to slowly supp my pint of Belhaven. Although I was very early, I didn’t want it to look like I was and there is no way I was going to get drunk tonight !

The sports news on the TV was all about Rangers selling Carlos Bocanegra to Serbian side Smederovo for £90k and Fran Sandaza to Inverness for £40k. There was also a lengthy piece on how their new signing, right back Scott Durie, was going to be the greatest rightback since Cafu. I was certainly not going to loose sleep over a £60k signing from East Fife that I had never heard of, even if he is the son of their former star Gordon “Jukebox” Durie.

Jools was late. Fashionably so and I would have been disappointed if she hadn’t been. In the 45 minutes I had been in the pub I had supped about 1 inch of my pint while trying to practice acting cool !

Me: Wow ! You look stunning ! Must be my lucky day.
    Jools: You scrub up well yourself

I tried to act calm and nonchalant

Me: Just some old gear, probably the last clean stuff I could find in the wardrobe
    Jools: Hahaha ! Does all your “old gear” still have price tags on ?

Bugger. How could I have missed that. I quickly pulled the tag off my brand new jacket and hoped that this latest cock-up wouldn’t cost me.

Me: Sorry, I was really wanted to do my best to impress you tonight. Failed again I guess. Let me get you a drink. See if I can at least get that right.
    Jools: White wine. Dry.
    Me: Champagne surely for a girl like you !
    Jools: I’d prefer a white wine. The bubbles tickle my nose.

If gave me time to recompose myself while I ordered her wine, although I have to admit that my mind did wander towards tickling her nose, and various other parts of that beautiful body.

Me: So, been a bit of a week. Thanks for all your help and I hope you’ve not been working you too hard.
    Jools: Not a problem. It’s been great. Season tickets sales are up 10% on last year since the news that Barnes, Leighton, Cottee and Phillips will be joining.
    Me: Wow ! That’s great news. How many have we sold then
    Jools: Seventy two.

Seventy two ! How could we have only sold 72 season tickets ? How can any club sell only 72 season tickets ? At £157 a pop, that was only £11,704 coming in which is absolute peanuts. There had better be plenty of punters queuing at the gates if we are to get any revenues in. Even then, I was having trouble making the numbers add up to be able to offer £270 a week in wages.

Jools: We also sold 2 shirts and 4 scarfs from the shop, so it’s been a pretty good week.

72 season tickets, 2 shirts and 4 scarfs wouldn’t even cover Jools wages. And this was supposed to be a good week. This was disastrous news to me, but nothing compared to what was to follow. If that registered 1 on my internal richter scale, the next sentence went straight to 10 !

Jools: But that’s enough shop talk. I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve invited my partner to join us.

PARTNER ! That sounds like something more permanent than boyfriend. I don’t mind a bit of competition, It would be amazing if there was noone on the scene. But what exactly am I up against here ? Have I completely misread the situation ? Jools definitely said “See you at home Dad” when she left us. No mistake. How can you have a “partner” and live at home. I needed answers, but somewhere in my subconscious the word “respect” arrived at the front of my brain. Stay cool Alex.

Me: Not a problem. I’d love to meet the lucky bugger

Was bugger to strong ? Bugger sounds soft for someone who’s teeth I’d like to punch down their esophagus. Too late to take it back now. Respect. Stay cool.

Me: I thought you lived at home with your parents.
    Jools: Hahaha ! What gave you that idea ? I’ve been living with Charlie for a couple of years now. You’ve met my Dad, could you seriously live there ?

Charlie. What sort of a name is that ? She is far to good to be shacked up with some tosser called Charlie. Respect. Stay cool. All is not lost yet. You’re better than any Charlie

Me: Must have got it wrong. Again ! So unlike me ! I was just sure you said you would see your father at home when we left on Saturday.
    Jools: Hahaha ! I just go round there every Saturday. More to keep my Mum sane than anything else.

There was a pause she looked perplexed.

Jools: Wait a minute ! You didn’t think “you and me” did you ? YOU DID think “you and me” ! Hahahahaha. Here’s Charlie now.

Spoiler!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    She's a LEZZER?!

Meanwhile, some decent signings there, I think. I predict a good start for Hogg
    The Alphabet Game #3

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Lol, carpet munchers!!

You're all thinking what I'm thinking, right...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    She's a LEZZER?!

Meanwhile, some decent signings there, I think. I predict a good start for Hogg
    Have to agree that Hogg looks the pick so far. I have hopes of a few others in the pipelines though.

As for what I'm thinking ...better ask kuy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post

As for what I'm thinking ...better ask kuy
    I've ruined it

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast