Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Thread: [STORY] It's Fergie time

vCash
    You asked for a favourite United line up, so playing my favoured 4-4-1-1 I give you

GK David de Gea May have been 36 and I may have had him for just 1 season, but he was pure class. I tried to sign him for longer but he decided to move on to Blackburn. Easily the best keeper I had and also the last player to not be a regen.

DR - Shaun McAuley (Ryan Taylor) Right backs I struggled with and it was a toss up between him and Allan Leslie. Shaun “Over the Wall” McAuley gets it for the added value of his freekicks. In 144 games for United he scored 16 and assisted in 20 more goals. The £10m I paid Brough was money well spent and I got £20m when I sold him onto Brugge. He picked up 40 caps for England.

DL - Olivier Garnier (Gael Cliche) I like my full backs to get forward and put in crosses which “Olly” did to perfection. In 138 games for united he had 42 assists and managed to grab a goal every season. Having bought him for £100k I managed to sell him for £15m in just 5 years. He was capped 54 times by France.

DC - Jorge Louis “Santincha” dos Santos (Thiago Silva) Rock solid is the only way to describe him. £15m brought him from Vasco and 165 games later I sold him onto PSG for the same amount. 102 caps for Brazil. Need I say more ?

DC - Jim Stephens (Jamie Carragher) I could have played him anywhere across the back line, but I think he was best as a central defender. He had to be in the XI even if only for the novelty of Carragher's regen playing for United ! World Class defender and he didn't moan even when dropped for the Scotish players later on. He played 251 games for his only club and was capped 32 times by England.

MR - Christophe Rouxel (Dimitri Payet) Wingers never hung around for long, so Christophe was an exception, spending 8 seasons at Old Trafford. He was the last remaining member of Holloway's reign and although in and out of the side, still managed to notch up 220 appearances. He had been a target while at Aberdeen, but I couldn't compete with his wage demands then. 60 goals and 39 assists is not earth shattering, but he remained a very loyal and trusted servant. He was capped 62 times for France.

ML - Adam Searle (Peter Whittigham) had also been an Aberdeen target before I landed him in a £4.8m deal from Brighton. He stayed with me right to the end, playing 225 games over 8 seasons, scoring 44 and assisting on 84 more. He played 34 times for England

MC - Scott Craig (Andrew Frame) I thought he was more than the regen of a Johnstone Burgh player. That makes him even more special. “Scotty” became my goto captain and followed me from St.Mirren (118 games) to Aberdeen (325 games) and United (82 games). He also played 60 times for Scotland and scored 8 international goals.

MC - Dave Almond (Michael Carrick) “Diamond Dave” oozed class and was a stalwart of the United sides since I paid Watford £6.5m as one of my first signings. A total of 300 appearances for United, usually alongside Scott Craig, netted him 70 goals and earned him 54 caps for England

AMC - Jonathan Rankin (Martin Lyon) The regen of the Kilbirnie Ladeside forward is simply a legend. From such lowly roots he scored 98 goals in 109 games for St Mirren, 138 in 248 for Aberdeen and 104 in 145 for United. Add to that a Scottish record of 52 goals in 62 caps for Scotland and the word legend just doesn't do him justice. The fact that he came back to United as a coach lifts him to god status.

FC - Gareth Geoghagen (Padraig Almond) I'm surprised as I was sure that the Irish striker would be Robbie Keane or Shane Long. Even more pleased that I picked him over Christian Sanchez. A $5m purchase from Celtic, he played 251 games over 8 seasons and bagged 177 goals. He was twice third placed in the World Footballer of the year awards.

The artist formally known as The Eejit

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great to see who they were all regens of, interesting that there aren't any real superstars in the attacking positions - just goes to show that it's not all about using GPF to find the new Messi! Got to admit I'd forgotten about a couple of them - Garnier, Stephens and Searle don't ring any bells

vCash
    Nice review. I do remember Searle. Good to see Rankin and Craig get a mention!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Rankin was a God!

Deserves to be mentioned

HoF!

vCash
    Did you intentionally call him Gael Cliché?

Because he was he stereo typical full back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Did you intentionally call him Gael Cliché?

Because he was he stereo typical full back?

I'm not even going to correct that freudian slip
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quality stuff, I can't believe who Craig, Rankin and Geoghagen's regens are!

I'll move this over to HOF now as well, bravo once again mate

vCash
    Nice one, Eejit! I've fallen a long way behind with the story, so I'll find some time later to read what I've missed. As usual, your story has been very well-written, full of entertainment and fully deserves its place on the HOF. Superb!

vCash
    I suspect that is going to be a monumental challenge. Don't think I'd enjoy taking that one up myself.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849