Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Tactics - WibWob

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The AI doesn't wibwob, the wibwob is in the default tactics. So yes it uses some wibwob, but its doesn't randomly generate it
    Can you explain this simple 442 vs me , why it has thick circles around every player?Its a game i just played and AI had this formation all over the game.Not an internet game to be spesific...if its not wib/wob then what is it? I ve faced 442 again in this savegame but with no thick circles.So whats the difference now?I happened to lost this one using dws v5 for my team

Spoiler!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minusmf View Post
    Can you explain this simple 442 vs me , why it has thick circles around every player?
    He has explained it, it's written right in the qoute you highlighted in your post.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicAnt For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Indeed Atomic. The AI has 9 different variations of 442 to chose from.

One thing it might change is arrows but it certainly doesn't change the wibwob

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The simple 442 i showed its not one of the wib/wob variations of 442 .thats why i am wondering about thick circles around AI players
    When AI only just changes instructions , makes thick circles around players?

vCash
    Did you edit the default 442 using info0's method here - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...7200#post87200

vCash
    This one of the Preset tactics i.e. tactics the AI can choose from

vCash
    Did you edit the default 442 using info0's method here - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...7200#post87200
    No I didnt

vCash
    Mine was just this without v1 v2 etc

and had thick circles around players as you can see...and simple 442 is not wi/obed as far as i know(i mean without the v1 v2 v3 v...v10)

Spoiler!

vCash
    So am i right in thinking;

The tactics that the AI uses in the latest update (so as of now, April 2017) are tactics created by other players? Usually I don't WIBWOB because it feels like having an advantage over the AI, but if the tactics the AI uses are player created which include WIBWOB - can I WIBWOB without feeling like I'm cheating? :p

vCash
    No, only 433 is, the rest are the defaults

vCash
    I found a pack Tapani did which updated the default tactics: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...120#post274120

I use this and find it's a good balance between the original and the harder AI tactics pack. It's not at the level where you need to WIBWOB extensively just to compete but it creates much more competition than against the default tactics. If you're a mid-table team, you more than likely will finish mid-table (unless you use the "best" tactics).

vCash

No, only 433 is, the rest are the defaults
    Righty, so if i wanted to self impose a level playing field, i would not WIBWOB my tactics

vCash
    Yes but what will bake your noodle is nearly the default AI tactics have some form of wib wob in them

It's just it's very shit wib wob

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgy View Post
    I found a pack Tapani did which updated the default tactics: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...120#post274120

I use this and find it's a good balance between the original and the harder AI tactics pack. It's not at the level where you need to WIBWOB extensively just to compete but it creates much more competition than against the default tactics. If you're a mid-table team, you more than likely will finish mid-table (unless you use the "best" tactics).
    In other words, it all depends on what you want.

I wanted to use WibWob to my heart's content without the game becoming (too) easy, so what I did was I created the strongest possible AI Tactics pack for my own use (it can be downloaded here: http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221)

That AI tactics pack made it very hard to win the title even with teams like Spurs. Which is exactly what I wanted,

vCash
    Hi Guys, quick question, which may/may not have already been answered in this thread, as I saw someone pointed it out, but wanna confirm a few things

So a AI switched to half a team of players that were wibwob, is that because, in mt tactics folder, ive implemented some wibwob tactics of my own? and that they have taken bits from here and there aswell as default bits?

vCash

The 'Replicate Real Life Styles Of Play' Thread (Non Wib-Wob)

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been done before (I apologise if it has), but I thought it would be good to have a thread in the 'Tactics' section of the forum where players of the game could post their interpretations of certain styles of play. You could do this by posting screenshots of your formation and typing up the player/team instructions that you use for the tactic. Or even record videos if you wish :-)

I believe that certain styles of play have been replicated via wib-wob, but I would like to keep this thread as non wib-wob tactics please.

When I say certain styles of play, I mean all types. For example; replicating Rafa Benitez Liverpool side that finished 2nd in the Premier League in 2008/09 or replicating Frank Rijkaards FC Barcelona of 2005/06 that won the UEFA Champions League. These are obviously examples, but it would be interesting to see how players of the game replicate their styles of play on this great game.

I understand CM 01/02 is outdated and doesn't have the tactical capacity that the management games of today have, but to try and replicate the styles of play to suit the needs of the game would be interesting to see.

Not sure if the thread will take off, hopefully it will, but it's just something I'm interested to see :-).

This account on YouTube gives some fascinating insight on how certain teams/managers have set up and could be used as a guide into replicating some styles of play - PDS FC
    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...kJI84mVMflhdqb

Matt
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 23-04-17 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Would love to, but working with this match engine is a challenge. When it's all text and no graphics, how do you make sure your tactics work as expected or not (besides the striker scoring and perhaps a certain midfielder assisting)? Good luck though. I'll be reading with interest. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Would love to, but working with this match engine is a challenge. When it's all text and no graphics, how do you make sure your tactics work as expected or not (besides the striker scoring and perhaps a certain midfielder assisting)? Good luck though. I'll be reading with interest. :-)
    I guess you have to rely on the match stats, player in-match stats etc. Of course it will be a challenge to replicate modern tactics to such an outdated tactic system, but it's still worth giving it a go ;-). I'm going to give it a go myself, but I'm no master tactician (far from it! lol).

vCash

Question Tacticas overview vs with or whithout ball????

I don't understand this

The position of the players goes out of order.
    Can you explain me it? Do you put in order it or leave it?

vCash
    You can position the players where you like on with/without ball screens making the tactic perform better. Some people consider it cheating. ;]

23. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With ball (your team has the ball) your players position themselves more forward.

Without ball (you opponents have the ball) your players move backwards.

You can change it on all twelve squares and then save your tactic under a new name and test it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    You can position the players where you like on with/without ball screens making the tactic perform better. Some people consider it cheating. ;]
    Wib/Wob in itself is not cheating. You can completely ruin a tactics with wib/wob. The cheating part is when you position your players in unrealistic formations in order to exploit the match engine. For example:

and

These are unrealistic setup that exploit the match engine and so I consider them cheating. Although I have to say that ultimately it's a game and if that's the way people have fun then be it. The whole purpose of playing games is having fun

27. The Following User Says Thank You to KL1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Info how can wib wob be cheating

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It can bring a tactic to overachieve which in fact is cheating match engine. It's not even exploiting match engine.

I didn't consider it as cheating even with narrow formations because even Tapani shown those are medicore at best, but his 4141_iodine made a mess. How many people regrets the decision to release it to public?

IT's prime example of overachieving and not cheating tactic. It's also fairly realistic considering player positioning.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, you can choose to play with the default tactics (non-Wib/Wob) against the default computer tactics. That is fair.

But Wib/Wob is a feature of cm0102 so why not use it?
    That's why I created a Tactics Pack for the computer that is so good that you can Wib/Wob as much as you like but you'll still struggle as my Blackburn Rovers story shows.

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221

33. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast