Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Tactics - WibWob: How does yours look like?

vCash
    Way i see it is this:

Wib/wob is just like a real life manager telling his players to start in this position and through the phases move to position X eventually. So how could it be considered cheating.

vCash

Tacticas overview vs with or whithout ball????

Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Way i see it is this:

Wib/wob is just like a real life manager telling his players to start in this position and through the phases move to position X eventually. So how could it be considered cheating.
    Fucking Oath, I agree with you.
    Last edited by Fods; 29-05-17 at 08:52 AM.

vCash
    With regard to cheating, a reasonable definition is to exploit the flaws of game engine by doing something to put yourself on uneven ground against the AI.

With that being said, I don't think wibwob is cheating. I think what is cheating is to use no wide players whatsoever. This exploit game engine and put yourself on even ground because the AI uses wide players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeman View Post
    With regard to cheating, a reasonable definition is to exploit the flaws of game engine by doing something to put yourself on uneven ground against the AI.

With that being said, I don't think wibwob is cheating. I think what is cheating is to use no wide players whatsoever. This exploit game engine and put yourself on even ground because the AI uses wide players.
    Again, only if you choose to use Wib/Wob while letting the computer struggle with the mediocre default tactics.
    Last edited by samsami; 30-05-17 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    Exploiting a weakness (in this case the match engine) is not cheating. Does that also mean teams cheat against Man City when they bombard Claudio Bravo?

I personally don't extensively wib-wob and use harder AI tactics because I like to make winning trophies hard to come by, so are extra special when they do. But to call it cheating is absurd.

vCash
    I think people can play however they want to play without being called anything. I personally don't change default AI tactics, but I use realistic formations against them. I wibwob only to make the formation and tactic more realistic to real life. It is not nearly as strong as those super tactics which bunch up everything in the middle, but it is still fun.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678