Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIBWOB Queries

vCash

WIBWOB Queries

Hey, Im using barnsley on ODB(.60) and i have never ever got them promoted, ive tried using Wb/wob screens to no effect, ive tried with team/player instructions and still no joy.

Im here for help, help me understand how to use wibble screens and player instructions. I dont want to use other tactics i want to create my own, i just need a few tips about where to place players on the screens.

I know im going to get some silly answers but please im here for help.
    Last edited by Jayson; 23-06-12 at 04:09 PM.

vCash

vCash
    cheers very much, it didnt give me a great deal of detail, as to why he placed the players where he did.

vCash
    Must do update on that one .

Common sense... And wib/wob tutorials from Dugout. Trail and error, finding what works out what does not. Polishing the tactic .

That's how it works...

vCash
    I'm no expert on tactics at all but i will try to help you the best i can anyway. I used to have the same problems as you, so i know what it is like to be frustrated.

You don't need to WIB WOB to be successful, i've won everything there is to win with a flat 442 before. Don't think i have ever WIB WOBBED in my life.

What formation are you playing?

The most successful team instructions that many peope use are:

Attacking
    Short Passing
    Hard Tackling
    Offside Trap
    Pressing
    No Counter Attack
    No Men Behind Ball

Some people change to normal mentality when away from home.

If i was you i'd try and use the 4132 formation. Gives you loads of numbers in midfield and the Defensive Midfielder performs amazing. You also have plenty of firepower up front.

Maybe you could send us your tactic so we can take a look and give you feedback on what you are doing wrong?

vCash
    http://sendshack.com/download/161gmtjv

this is my first attempt, only played a few games with it, ive changed team+player instructions and used wibwob screens. using it currently, im getting a few 0-0 draws and a couple of wins.

To get the wibwob screens how i wanted them ive looked at a few tactics and used a general idea of where they placed players, i also used the youtube video already posted.

any advice would be appreciated.

vCash
    To be perfectly honest it doesn't actually look that bad. I didn't take a look at your WIB WOB screens as i don't know anything about that.

I would personally remove the " Try through balls " that you have on all your team. Don't think it is that effective in game and it could be causing your defenders to give the ball away cheaply?

Maybe remove pressing from your defenders? also if your centre backs are good you could have them man marking too.

Put a forward arrow on both your wingers to encourage them to get forward more? i also sometimes set my wide players to only pass to the centre. Not sure if anybody else does though

vCash
    There is my version of your tactic - http://www.sendspace.com/file/1a35gl

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    It's very difficult to explain WHY players are positioned in different positions as there really isn't an explanation other than "it just works". A lot of members who have become successful tactic creators have looked at the wib/wob of famous, successful tactics and implemented those player positions to suit their needs. That's how most of my tactics are developed and you can get some pleasing result. Player instructions are just as important as the wib/wob so it would be useful to have a look and use a bit of logic where you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I don't want to use other tactics i want to create my own, i just need a few tips about where to place players on the screens.
    Good lad.

Sounds like you also could benefit from understanding what it is that makes a good player as well, however. My game changed drastically when I learned how to spot player. Far more so than through tactics, IMO.

Maybe try making a 451 formation?

vCash
    please explain about about when your game changed and stuff...

Ive tried many versions of the one above but to success, so im going to try and create a different formation, ive realised a 4-4-2 leaks too many goals IMO, or when i create a tactic anyway.

CaptVee Unattached
    Here's a couple of quick tips (I also only use my own tactics and never look at others):

1) Try and understand how the wib/wob screens work in terms of positioning. If you notice, in the wob screens when the opponent has the ball in his own half, the defensive line is pushed way back from where you normally see it in real life. The best first improvement you can make to your custom tactic is to adjust this by pushing up your defensive line and compressing the backfield (you may also want to bring the keeper out a touch too for sweeper keeper duties, but don't overdo it).

2) One nifty trick is to have certain positions be "hybrid" positions where (for example) in the main screen a player could line up in either the MC or DMC position and have the same wib/wob positions on every screen either way (this also works well with a SC/AMC combo and to a lesser extent the AMC/MC combo). In other words, this opens the tactic up to a greater number of potential players who can play the spot. DMCs who are not rated at the central midfield position will not perform well as an MC, but with the above you could change the position to a DMC without changing the wib/wob. There's a subtle benefit to this in that players who are only rated as an AMC or a DMC and not rated as an MC, often fall out of favor with the club that they're on if that club is playing a 4-4-2. The AI knows the player has no position in the tactic and benches the player. This means there are often quite good players like this available for cheap.

3) Experiment with your tactic and use the show runs feature. The show runs feature is important because it shows how the players will move from one area of the field to the next, or when transitioning from attack to defense and vice-versa. If you find certain positions getting tired out way too quickly (for my tactic, the fullbacks were the big danger there) you may need to make an adjustment so that they don't have to move as much to get in position as the ball moves around the field and changes possession. One good way to do this with fullbacks is to have them still get high up the field in attack, but only when the ball is on their side of the field. Otherwise you can have them hang back and save energy. Similarly, if you have a non-keeper or centerback without great stamina who consistently fails to get tired in matches, that player may not be doing as much work as you could have him be doing. Feel free to push that player around more on the wib/wob screens to get more out of him.

4) This won't really help your results, but it might help your thinking through things, and that might help you get better results: try and think about how you'd like to play. Want to be like Barcelona? You can play a 4-3-3 with short pressing and the defense pushed up high to compress the midfield and have the most central of the three midfielders hang back behind two more advanced ones. Want to play a 4-2-3-1, you can actually do that while still positionally playing a 4-4-2 on the main screen. The reason I say this can help is I think it would give you a better idea of what each of the players are supposed to do, and that would give you a better idea of what instructions to give them (run with ball, cross ball, etc.) and also what players fit best at what positions. That is, if you treat the positions on the screen not as MC - MC - MC, but as Iniesta - Busquets - Xavi, it give you a better idea of exactly what those positions are supposed to do, and which players to pick for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptVee View Post
    Here's a couple of quick tips (I also only use my own tactics and never look at others):

1) Try and understand how the wib/wob screens work in terms of positioning. If you notice, in the wob screens when the opponent has the ball in his own half, the defensive line is pushed way back from where you normally see it in real life. The best first improvement you can make to your custom tactic is to adjust this by pushing up your defensive line and compressing the backfield (you may also want to bring the keeper out a touch too for sweeper keeper duties, but don't overdo it).

2) One nifty trick is to have certain positions be "hybrid" positions where (for example) in the main screen a player could line up in either the MC or DMC position and have the same wib/wob positions on every screen either way (this also works well with a SC/AMC combo and to a lesser extent the AMC/MC combo). In other words, this opens the tactic up to a greater number of potential players who can play the spot. DMCs who are not rated at the central midfield position will not perform well as an MC, but with the above you could change the position to a DMC without changing the wib/wob. There's a subtle benefit to this in that players who are only rated as an AMC or a DMC and not rated as an MC, often fall out of favor with the club that they're on if that club is playing a 4-4-2. The AI knows the player has no position in the tactic and benches the player. This means there are often quite good players like this available for cheap.

3) Experiment with your tactic and use the show runs feature. The show runs feature is important because it shows how the players will move from one area of the field to the next, or when transitioning from attack to defense and vice-versa. If you find certain positions getting tired out way too quickly (for my tactic, the fullbacks were the big danger there) you may need to make an adjustment so that they don't have to move as much to get in position as the ball moves around the field and changes possession. One good way to do this with fullbacks is to have them still get high up the field in attack, but only when the ball is on their side of the field. Otherwise you can have them hang back and save energy. Similarly, if you have a non-keeper or centerback without great stamina who consistently fails to get tired in matches, that player may not be doing as much work as you could have him be doing. Feel free to push that player around more on the wib/wob screens to get more out of him.

4) This won't really help your results, but it might help your thinking through things, and that might help you get better results: try and think about how you'd like to play. Want to be like Barcelona? You can play a 4-3-3 with short pressing and the defense pushed up high to compress the midfield and have the most central of the three midfielders hang back behind two more advanced ones. Want to play a 4-2-3-1, you can actually do that while still positionally playing a 4-4-2 on the main screen. The reason I say this can help is I think it would give you a better idea of what each of the players are supposed to do, and that would give you a better idea of what instructions to give them (run with ball, cross ball, etc.) and also what players fit best at what positions. That is, if you treat the positions on the screen not as MC - MC - MC, but as Iniesta - Busquets - Xavi, it give you a better idea of exactly what those positions are supposed to do, and which players to pick for them.
    thats what sort of advice i wanted, thank you very much, i will keep trying and use some of those tips.

Match Unattached

Creating a tactic - what should I focus on?

There are clearly some extremely smart people on here who have created tactics much better than anything I can do, which all seem to be awful.

I've found lots of good tactics, but was wondering if there were any hints or tips on what I should focus on if I wanted to create something myself...

For example, in WIB, is it always a good idea to have a certain number of players close to the ball? If playing short passing style, do triangles work better than if playing direct?

Thanks all.

vCash
    Info0 made a you tube video on how to make a good tactic and he know his tactics. Not sure where it is but if he sees this he might give you the link.

vCash

vCash
    i used this thread, worked wonders for me!

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...inear#post5830

my tactic is hanging around somewhere using this thread, nd it was the first tactic i had actually created and succeeded with.

kmayonaise Unattached

WIBWOB assistance

Well i've got good results , did the WIB WOB thing but its not devastating like everyone says , i still lose to Roma , Bayern and Man utd and some small teams occasionally
    Unfortunately i use an office lap top and all downloads have been blocked so i cant download any patches so i've gotta adjust the tactics myself
    ( I use Lazio) 4132 -

Chivu West Nesta Kah
    Davids
    Joe Cole Ronaldinoh Robben
    To Medeira Saviola

Bench
    Chiotis
    Zlatan
    Lunden
    Castroman
    Okoronkwo
    Kaka
    Mexes

Team instructions
    Mentality Attacking
    Passing Short
    Tackling Hard
    Pressing on
    Offside trap yes
    Men behind no
    Counter no

So what am i doing wrong or what tips can you give me regarding the WIBWOB (if possible screen shots for all the boxes)or other things that can make me an unstoppable force

vCash
    With such a squad you dont need wib wob

kmayonaise Unattached
    Thanks Technoir but i get beat by the big teams. I know the Original game favours 1 striker but i wont enjoy the game that way so i'm looking for a way to be more dominant with that formation . And I beleive the application of the WIBWOB will work

Moreover , its 2009 and the team has really aged so they are not quite as good as they were.

Thank you

vCash
    Mate, ROMA are a tough bitch to break on original game .

They are massively overrated!

Btw losing to some of big teams is really not something to get worried about ...

vCash

WIBWOB Queries

Hello,
    i play with friends with only non wib wob tactics. How do you recognize quickly a wib wob one?
    Thanks!

vCash
    The outer line around the position on the field is thicker than before. Load a default tactic and move a player on the Without Ball or With Ball screens on the Tactics menu to view the change to the player on the Overview screen

vCash
    Thanks, i will search for them!!!

vCash
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a 4-1-3-1-1 tactic I developed that is very solid, but not particularly remarkable. It is wib-wobbed, and I used the tactics of others as the starting point for my own work. In turn, this is now the basis of other tactics I am trying to develop. I need some assistance, though. There is a weath of discusson about tactics on this forum, but I am looking for some general advice on how to approach wib-wobbing. Most of the threads I find only deal with pre-made tactics and team instructions. Where might I find some good tips for just the wib-wob screens? I have read that such threads exist, but most mentions of them don't include any links.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast