Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaelic Games

vCash
    Decent win for the Orchardmen against Wicklow (2-21 - 0-2) nice to see Jamie Clark getting a couple of goals... I still can't really get my hopes up for anything more than 1-2 more matches before they're dumped out though, once there's some stronger opposition I think it'll all be over for Armagh for another year, oh well, I'll just watch this on loop and content myself with the past

vCash
    London are through to the connacht final for the first time in their history. Mayo will be shaking in their boots

vCash
    Watched not 1 but 2 football matches yesterday! Well 1.5 as missed the 2nd half of Dublin Vs Kildare.

1st game was enjoyable compared to some of the tripe that's been on TV from Ulster this year but the quality of the football wasn't great. If teams are going to play and open game and use the boot a lot, you'd imagine they put in more time practicing. Basic kicking mistakes. Too much time hand passing in the decade after the late 90's catching up with teams?

Dub V Kil was great up until Brogan's goal on half-time. Was no need to watch to the 2nd half to know what would happen. For all the training these guys put in rolling over like they did must be a worry for Kildare.

As to my own county, it's up to us to beat the old enemy in our own backyard on Sunday. People will ask is it a demise, I'd say no. But there is something that people have final used there 2 eyes to see - Kilkenny's physicality is actually toughness, not size. They must have easily been average 20lbs and 2 inches height difference to Dublin but in fairness it's been that way for a couple of years. Without Shefflin or Fennelly or even a Martin Comerford type forward, for all the talented forwards we have just don't retain enough ball. They will tackle from the front relentlessly but you need some possession to make it tell on both ends of the score board. People are blindly seeing what they want (but that's true in any sport when any great team falters) but the truth is, the defence is not preforming as well it was simply because they are doing 3 or 4 times the work as previous years. Would be worried in that regard on Sunday but Tipp will probably start with Corbett and Callanan and the 2 of them are 2 much of a luxury to have in a forward line.

vCash
    Hon westmeath minors! Another day in croker for us this year

vCash
    What a game in semple stadium today! Dermo, were you at it? In fairness, kk should have won in normal time, that was an absolutely terrible call by the ref. Every time waterford got a goal, kk instantly replied and I think thats what won it for them.

vCash
    Well, I let this thread die an awful death

Hurling Championship has been awesome even if we were openly screwed in in public by Barry Kelly (Westmeath lads for ya, wha!! ). Come one Clare!!

And the football has been great from the quarter finals. Love that the attacking teams are making a mockery of negative football. Stop the flow to 3 man forward lines, can't score. Was only a matter of time before 'The Donegal' tactic fell apart. Match on Sunday should be great but Kerry only seem to have about 45 minutes in them

vCash
    That was some match yesterday. I was at the westmeath semi-finals today, John Heslin scored 2-16 including a goal 6 mins into injury time. Crazy

vCash
    Galway hurler Niall Donoghue dies suddenly aged 22

Fucking hell, 22. Sudden adult death syndrome.

EDIT: Suicide unfortunately
    Last edited by Dermotron; 14-01-14 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Gotta love Waterford Whispers News

WWN has learnt of the sad plight currently being endured by a prominent inter-county footballer.

The Dublin footballer, whose identity is not yet known, is believed to be struggling under the weight of having slept with pretty much every single woman in his local community.

A source close to the footballer spoke exclusively to WWN about this worrying development. “He’s had the pick of the girls, you know, since he’s been kicking a ball but those waters have been well and truly fished. There’s nothing left for him and it’s effecting his game.”

It is believed that following Dublin’s loss to DCU recently in the O’Brien Cup the unnamed player suffered the indignity of having to initiate conversation with some women in Coppers this past weekend.

“It is getting to him alright, he’s used to being lionised and that but the loss coupled with sleeping with everyone has meant he’s contemplating emigrating,” the source shockingly revealed to WWN.

It is believed a number of GAA players have emigrated in the hope of finding some Irish women they have yet to have a sexual encounter with.
    “Some lads have set up GAA clubs abroad as a sort of calling card. It’s like a covert personals ad in the paper, a subtle way of attracting new women to their social circle,” explained one former player now living in Australia.
    The Dublin player’s local club are believed to be doing everything in their power to make the player reconsider his move abroad.

“The selectors have asked him to watch the women’s minor team play just to see the talent coming through but I think his mind is made up” a teammate told WWN.

“The few weeks after the All-Ireland were fairly intense, having to employ a ticketed system for the female fans but that’s all died away. It’s really quite sad when you think about it,” concluded the source.

More to follow as we get it…

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll guess i'll keep this thread updated this year in regard to football. My own native Westmeath are away to cork this sunday. To be honest its hard to see them picking up any points this year. I reckon it'll be between Dublin and Mayo for division 1 this year, Donegal will probably win div 2, Cavan for div 3 and division 4 is a toss up.

vCash
    Bringing herself (Westmeath woman) to KK Vs Tipp on 23rd. It will be her 1st hurling match. Best start swearing a lot now to get her prepared

Will anyone put it up to Dublin in Leinster ya reckon?

vCash
    If she lived here long enough she'd be used to the cursing!
    No, can't see anyone getting near Dublin. Looking at the league, Westmeath and Kildare should be the teams to challenge them the most but they both have new managers, and imo Westmeath got a bit lucky to be promoted last year. Hopefully they can prove me wrong, but it's unlikely. A couple of the lads on the team are from my local club, one of them lives only a mile over the road, so i'll have a keen eye on them

vCash

15. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash

Sounds very familiar!

vCash
    New Zealands view on hurling

Going to Nowlan Park for Kilkenny Vs Tipp on Sunday. Always are great atmosphere

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Kilkenny 5-20 Tipperary 5-14

Some game

Henry Shefflin

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Westmeath vs Derry today. Hard to see westmeath gaining any points in the league this year. Cork beat dublin last night, that was somewhat of a surprise

vCash
    Full time - Derry 3-16 Westmeath 0-12. Another step backwards

vCash

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash

Saw this yesterday as well. Controversial http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-video...2-black-card-/
    The didn't put in the Happy April Fool's day part until today.

vCash

Sillyan O'Connor, Connocked

vCash
    Is the hurling on regular sky sports or just something like sky sports ireland?

vCash
    Loads of English lads going on about the hurling on twitter

vCash
    Couldn't have picked a worse game to show. Kilkenny Junior team is better than Offaly. Even our woeful u21's

vCash

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast