Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Data Update Queries

316'sRegen Unattached
    Well it isn't additional leagues but will give him something different in the way of league structure.

Once it's released

vCash

Data Back-up

Hi

This is something I should really know, but....

For the last year or so, on and off, I've been doing an 87/88 database (not the one that is listed below this thread, my own one). Currently I've done English Divs 1,2,3,4, Scottish Prem and 1st, Spanish Div 1, German Div 1, Italian Div 1 and am about half way through the French Prem. I've also done the odd national squads as well. I've also started putting in player histories. As you guys know, its extremely time consuming but I just enjoy doing it.

My question is how do I back up the work I've done so far? Is it just a case of copying the relevant folders from the data folder in CM0102 and put them in to a different location?

I've also done something wrong as when I load up a game I get a pop-up box saying an error and quoting the numbers 1572. I reckon I've got a player in with a birth year of 1572 as opposed to 1972 somewhere. The game loads up and plays normally, but is there a way of finding out the reason for the message.

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Tools > Validate Database may sort the error

Tools > Data Distribution Wizard will allow you export the data so you have a back up each time you make some changes. That way if you've done something that can't be undone you only lose work back to the last backup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Tools > Validate Database may sort the error

Tools > Data Distribution Wizard will allow you export the data so you have a back up each time you make some changes. That way if you've done something that can't be undone you only lose work back to the last backup
    Thanks for the response Dermotron.

Another stupid question so I apologise....where can I find "Tools>Data Distribution Wizard". I am using the Wasano editor by the way.

Also the data files that I back-up are all .DAT files. What program do I use to open up these files - unless I'm not supposed to do so.

Cheers

vCash
    The advice I gave is when using cm0102ed.exe that comes with the game. Try using that to see if corrects the error

vCash

Question for the update team

A lot of time and effort is dedicated to scouting and updating the database and release the season updates.

My question is: does the update team ever use the Football Manager database to check the squads and player ratings? Wouldn't it make the updating a lot more quicker?

vCash
    I know when I updated I used it.

I also know some of the patch guys created extraction tools from FM>CM - although I am not sure that ever kicked off

vCash
    I think the option to extract directly from it stopped in FM2013

Waiting for FM to come out to then release and then release an update in what would all likely be December (last FM was November release idb) doesn't seem much fun for anyone, either updaters or users. By the time it would be out it would the January window would be open so there would be little or no play of the DB we'd have released.

In an ideal world we'd have enough bodies to help us get a Data Update 3 weeks after the window closes.

It would still be very handy if we could map the player attributes for those nations we have no-one specifically for though, otherwise you are still doing things player by player so there is no major benefit other than less 0's

vCash
    An extraction tool would be brilliant!

But even just checking the FM database by hand, as it where, could be helpful. I remember reading on the Facebook page of the update team a call for help to Brazilian fans to update the Brazilian league (for example.) Couldn't this work be done simply by using the FM database as reference? But perhaps the update team is lacking on help even to do that? Or maybe I'm missing something...

vCash
    If you like at the link, quick links, view site leaders you will see the team, Coaches are updates IIRC

There is around 15, which BTW is the most I think I have ever seen. Its simply getting numbers in and to actually update

vCash
    Thankfully bruebous is now updating Brazil

I'm sure some of the guys do use it, using any source available is always welcomed.

The attributes aren't exact match though are they? There are some extra's in FM. Just a question, not stating it being an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I think the option to extract directly from it stopped in FM2013

Waiting for FM to come out to then release an update in what would all likely be December (last FM was November release idb) doesn't seem much fun for anyone, either updaters or users. By the time it would be out it would the January window would be open so there would be little or no play of the DB we'd have released.

In an ideal world we'd have enough bodies to help us get a Data Update 3 weeks after the window closes.

It would still be very handy if we could map the player attributes for those nations we have no-one specifically for though, otherwise you are still doing things player by player so there is no major benefit other than less 0's
    Thanks for the reply Dermo.

I see what you mean regarding the release dates! Makes sense...

vCash
    Thanks for the clarifications.

And once again I would like to state that the update team does a phenomenal job every season!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:

vCash
    djole mentioned there was a save game extractor available, that could make things a bit handier.

vCash

Help with September 2009 Update

I want to play the September 2009 update but I cannot figure out how to do it. It isn't the same sort of file as the 2015 one, it's a .rar file? I'm totally bamboozled.

vCash
    Install a program that opens rar files like IZarc, WinRar etc.

vCash

Just a quick one

Just a quick one, question that I think/hope has a simple answer. Just playing with an update, everything good except 1 thing. I wanna change everyones age by 1 year, Iv got the tool, CMStaff, and I can run it etc.. and change things, except I dont know which file to run and change, I thought it was staff.dat but was wrong, tried nation.dat, didnt work either, which one is it

Thanks in-advance

vCash
    index.dat I believe?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Didnt work mate

vCash
    It should be staff.dat.

vCash
    Ok, you're right that staff.dat is the one, but cant work it out, I can youngen the players, (by mistake) but just cant seem to olden them, any suggestions, where it says on the CMStaff, how many years do you wanna youngen them by, I go negative 1, which i assume is to olden them by a year, but nothing happening

HELP!

vCash

Adding a Step7 Club

Hi Guys sorry if this post is in the wrong area if so can a mod move for me please.

I have downloaded the October Update great work as always guys, but i was wondering if i could (using an editor) include my English Step 7 club i work with as a team in the game that i can use , so looking to replace a team in the 6th division ?

How easy is this to do and can it be done ?

vCash
    very easy

open the official editor (as administrator), validate twice, create a new club, set a name, england as nation and a lower division as division.

update whatever you want (stadium, attendance, colors, etc.)

go to club competitions tab, select the league where you want your club to play, choose a club you want yours to be swapped with and swap.

your club will be in that division and the other one in a lower division.

save, validate and save again

vCash
    Brilliant thanks milo, and i take it that will work ok with the new patch/Update etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    Brilliant thanks milo, and i take it that will work ok with the new patch/Update etc
    of course

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast