Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error Database..cpp 17353 on March 2012 Update

vCash
    Solution in the OP

vCash
    This does not get rid of the error.

he game continue's, any reports of crashing later on ??

Cheers gents

vCash
    It does get rid of the error, just not in a current save game.

vCash
    I started a new, but saved over a current save.

So will this crash at some point ?

vCash
    Download the new version from the link and it will be fine. You will need to start a new game as your save game will eventually crash if you are using the original download

vCash
    hmmm....

Maybe i need to be concerned...

For Are You The Next two.

In all my tests the game was fine.
    I could easily run on holiday 10 years into the future.

But then, at the end of the 1st season, i got these errors...

I carried on, and its now into the 2nd season..

Will it crash later in the game?
    Do I need to download the data again?
    And redo all the players?

As that wud be annoying.
    although not the end of the world...

vCash
    I think they can be got passed, just a nuisance if you are holidaying though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    MOD NOTE -

If you have updated your database before 4PM GMT on March 4th, 2012 you may and probably will get this error, please download the update again as the error is resolved.

As a quick fix if you don't want to download again, open the Editor, go to Tools > Validate Database (run this twice), Save and Close and start new game (your player history files if you do the 2nd method so a fresh install is recommended (obviously ignore this if you have redownloaded))

Apologies from the inconvenience caused

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloaded the update (5th March) not had much chance to play as of yet.. But got this error twice within space of a week (game time)

Leagues selected = England, Spain, Italy (max database)

The link below which fods posted - comes up with:

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
    Web Server at champman0102.co.uk

Am going to do download it again, And run test in morning now. Will let you know if still getting further errors and try to work out which league it is.

vCash
    I still get it sometimes on Max Database, but it clicks through, game runs fine and doesnt crash.

Personally think its down to the sheer volume of players and random clubs in the DB nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    I still get it sometimes on Max Database, but it clicks through, game runs fine and doesnt crash.

Personally think its down to the sheer volume of players and random clubs in the DB nowadays.

Cheers.. Will still try a fresh install in morning.. Or I may use GK save game editor to see if that will sort out any errors. I know medium data and 4 leagues ran fine.. But max data and 4 leagues had same error... You gotta expect things like this from time to time with this legendary game

vCash
    Sure have mate, never had the error on Minimum or Normal databases either

Am sure the boys will look forward to your feedback on the pool

vCash
    If you validate your database you'll get the error, the player histories get screwed up and require a 2nd validation. But if you do that you'll lose about half the player histories plus most of the 2010/11 data

vCash
    Just thought I would add in here that I downloaded again last night. Clean install after removing everything to do with the old install including deleting any registry entries..

Around the start of the club world championships is where I get the error. This is on both a normal and maximum database with 3 leagues selected (eng,spain,italy)

I dont want to validate database through fear of screwing it all up.

I am hoping that maybe someone else will be able to figure out what is causing this problem to come up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Just thought I would add in here that I downloaded again last night. Clean install after removing everything to do with the old install including deleting any registry entries..

Around the start of the club world championships is where I get the error. This is on both a normal and maximum database with 3 leagues selected (eng,spain,italy)

I dont want to validate database through fear of screwing it all up.

I am hoping that maybe someone else will be able to figure out what is causing this problem to come up.

Think the problem is indeed the world club championships. I tried to disable it using johnlockes tools but that only caused a crash around the time it ended. I am currently testing it out without any patch at all to see if it happens when the wcc should usually run (without tapani patch applied)

vCash
    Quick question, is the error message to do with names being wrong in the euro.cfg file? just wondering as noticed i get it in my CM3 project & want to fix it if possible.

vCash
    No Cam, it was something to do with the History Files. No issue if you dont validate the DB. Have you the Club Comp Files updated for the CM3 Project?

You can grab the latest from the thread in Patches Discussion and manipulate to how you want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Quick question, is the error message to do with names being wrong in the euro.cfg file? just wondering as noticed i get it in my CM3 project & want to fix it if possible.

No Idea mate, I havent looked at the euro.cfg file... Only noticed it on this most recent update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    No Cam, it was something to do with the History Files. No issue if you dont validate the DB. Have you the Club Comp Files updated for the CM3 Project?

Not necessarily to do with history either, Or have you proved it is?

I have never ever validated the DB and had the problem on a large DB game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post

You can grab the latest from the thread in Patches Discussion and manipulate to how you want
    Nope just left them as they were in 3.68 db. I never validate db as once it fucked up all the players positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Not necessarily to do with history either, Or have you proved it is?

I have never ever validated the DB and had the problem on a large DB game...
    I can't recreate it if the DB hasnt been validated. Now that's not a cure, more just a preventive measure

vCash
    Hi all i am still getting that error duo i followed the solution in the opening post.....

Please help.....

vCash
    Mate.. Read the whole thread

vCash

Error - v3.9.68 Database..cpp 17353

Hi lads,

Can anyone please help me?

I'm playing with the September 2012 Data Update and the 3.9.68 patch and i've just done one full season with Liverpool. It's now the 2002 World Cup and i have an error come up saying

Error

v3.9.68 Database..cpp 17353

The game still simulates through without any problems but then the message comes up again and so on. Any ideas?

Cheers lads,

Matt

vCash
    Will my save game eventually crash? I'd be so gutted, if it does , really enjoyed that season after clinching 4th spot!

vCash
    As you'll see it's from opening the Editor and making changes but not validating twice - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...ighlight=17353

Not sure about the save though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast