Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longest Save Game?

vCash
    My try

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post
    What's this naughty name you too afraid to show us?
    Just rather my name is left unknown

vCash
    Go to Managers Stats > click on your name > then use Set Nickname option

vCash
    This is the furthest I ever got in a game

vCash
    ONE MANAGER???

FOUR LEAGUES???

how about...

...and that is just after I retired four managers (Albania, Surname, Andorra and Leichtenstein)
    Last edited by ilovesanmarino; 02-01-14 at 07:59 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Count Duckula is unemployed unfortunately

vCash
    yes, he has stepped down from managing the Cook Islands and is looking for a new job!
    I gave him Cook Island nationality though, so he might have a long wait

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash

The Longest Game?

Hello all Champer's,

I am wondering what the longest game anyone has going or has heard of?

I am currently still playing a game which is into the 2133/2134 season...

vCash
    I have only ever played four games on CM0102

My current one is 42 days
    only in season 12 but I have 9 managers so that is about 108 seasons (I didnt start all the managers at the same time, but I have retired some)

vCash
    I think I have only ever got around 10 seasons max from a game before a) I get bored and b) a new update is normally out so I start a new game

vCash
    the most I've ever done is 20 seasons, usually get bored after 5 though

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Tapatalk

vCash
    Current save started somewhere in 2010. Playing with a large or huge database and NO real players.

Starting season was 2010/11, I'm now in season 2066/67. Playing with 2 managers for 9 seasons now.

The orginial me retired in 2042, after guiding Cardiff from League Two to Champions League winners (tbh, I was managing a few clubs before Cardiff without big success). After Cardiff lifted the Premier League trophy for the first time under my helm I decided I was getting too old for this shit and retired because I'll be 60+ IRL by then.
    My "son" thought he could do better than me, so he started a career as manager in Northern Ireland. After a few seasons he moved to Ireland and when he thought he archived everything with the Irish he took a step to Italy where he guided Lavagnese from Serie C2 obscurity towards Serie A winning smartasses. Then he started picking up Champions League wins (three times, that basterd), Intercontinental cups and even the Club World Cup... Always trying to show off his abilities...
    When he was satisfied in Italy, he joined a French National team, where he got sacked within a year Now he's off to Germany to see if he can do something with VfB Stuttgart.

The other manager roamed around Italy and France (Pisa, Inter Milan, Allessandria and Le Mans) and is currently managing Port Talbot Town in Wales, while trying to bring Georgia towards the European Championship 2068.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niwrah For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Niwrah, never thought of retiring myself and giving the "son" a go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwrah View Post
    Current save started somewhere in 2010. Playing with a large or huge database and NO real players.

Starting season was 2010/11, I'm now in season 2066/67. Playing with 2 managers for 9 seasons now.

The orginial me retired in 2042, after guiding Cardiff from League Two to Champions League winners (tbh, I was managing a few clubs before Cardiff without big success). After Cardiff lifted the Premier League trophy for the first time under my helm I decided I was getting too old for this shit and retired because I'll be 60+ IRL by then.
    My "son" thought he could do better than me, so he started a career as manager in Northern Ireland. After a few seasons he moved to Ireland and when he thought he archived everything with the Irish he took a step to Italy where he guided Lavagnese from Serie C2 obscurity towards Serie A winning smartasses. Then he started picking up Champions League wins (three times, that basterd), Intercontinental cups and even the Club World Cup... Always trying to show off his abilities...
    When he was satisfied in Italy, he joined a French National team, where he got sacked within a year Now he's off to Germany to see if he can do something with VfB Stuttgart.

The other manager roamed around Italy and France (Pisa, Inter Milan, Allessandria and Le Mans) and is currently managing Port Talbot Town in Wales, while trying to bring Georgia towards the European Championship 2068.
    love this! great effort (from the both of you!). PS Welcome to the forums!

vCash
    2035 is my longest save, playing every season no holidaying

vCash
    36 seasons is my longest (starting in 01/02, currently 36/37). Haven't opened this one up in a while, but will definitely come back to it one day. Started with Southend, then Leeds, Grimsby, Nuneaton, Southport and Sunderland. Did pretty well everywhere except Nuneaton, where I wasted four seasons narrowly missing out on promotions.

Wonder what football will be like in 2037... Robot players? Holographic pitch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfourtwo View Post
    36 seasons is my longest (starting in 01/02, currently 36/37). Haven't opened this one up in a while, but will definitely come back to it one day. Started with Southend, then Leeds, Grimsby, Nuneaton, Southport and Sunderland. Did pretty well everywhere except Nuneaton, where I wasted four seasons narrowly missing out on promotions.

Wonder what football will be like in 2037... Robot players? Holographic pitch?
    Sepp Blatter still head of FIFA
    England still not won World Cup
    Mourinho still blaming refs when results go against him
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In to 2037/38 season with Barry town and almost 9 days actual time. I have to admit I have a: cheated to some extent and b: created new save game files when I got some interesting job offers. I have managed one uefa cup win and one champions league win alongside the last 25 league titles. Only ever played with odb.

vCash
    So, finally reading something at home. This is my longest game ever:

My brother has one (I think that he still has) where he is 2050 something... I don't know if he still has that save file. I know that I have some of his but I don't have that one.

By the way... I know that I don't have the german league... I don't remember if it was because I forgot or just because the german league was down and I didn't think about managing in Germany (yes, I though about changing clubs... but never did that). Also... I had some issues with speed in my old computer.

vCash
    My Hartlepool save got to 2041 before i forgot to back it up after Windows reinstallation...
    My current Blackburn game has reached 2023 so far.

vCash
    I used to have a save with Chelsea on ODB, I think it was about 26 seasons or something, I don't think I have managed anything close to that recently though, maybe 10 seasons

vCash
    Roman General Challenge was my longest save game - at least 23 seasons. Not a fan playing with regens though so usually do short games

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I feel kinda bad that my longest-ever game is only in its fifth season...I'm managing Ipswich Town and I've managed to turn them into regular European qualifiers. I seem to lack the patience, attention span and/or skill to make a game last for longer than a season or two, but I'm making it work so far with Ipswich...just about.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to F1Krazy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well... why do people look at playing with regens. I didn't know about them and I just kept looking for the best new thing (and I admit that, from what I read on this site, I have the regen of Beckham - a meh one but I needed a guy with 20 passing - and Saviola - this one might be as good as the original... the others, I only have an idea as I didn't know and I never kept track of those guys - and we all know that there are 500 brazilians that are Forward left center, for example). It is nice to see the game going and looking for the next big thing.

My save is almost in 2041. (November 2040). I'm in a phase when everyone is using 4-4-2 so... super great seasons... oh, and I think I really have my best team ever. I can get a starting 11 with everyone great in the aerial game for those games that just don't go well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Krazy View Post
    I feel kinda bad that my longest-ever game is only in its fifth season...I'm managing Ipswich Town and I've managed to turn them into regular European qualifiers. I seem to lack the patience, attention span and/or skill to make a game last for longer than a season or two, but I'm making it work so far with Ipswich...just about.
    Nice one F1.

BLUE ARMY!!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast