Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longest Save Game?

vCash
    Thanks ^_^ FYI we managed to reach the Champions League quarter-finals this season, Juventus mullered us 4-1 in the away leg but we beat them 3-1 in the home leg to salvage some glory. Missed out on 4th place on goal difference (quite frustrating when you'er the top scorer in the league ) but still a very good season. Expecting good things from 06/07.

vCash
    I once reached the 2201/2202 but I've got no data of that game left as I changed computer since then. I'm currently playing the 2063/2064 season with RSC Anderlecht, whom I've been managing since 2028.

vCash
    Wow. Reading this thread has been an eye opener. A friend and I got a cm94 game into about the 15th season, but I've never gotten past 7 or 8 seasons on my own.

Makes me feel much better about the amount of time I have spent playing this game over the years.

vCash
    Just one question for those going into mere than 50 seasons... how long do you usually keep one manager around?

vCash
    2036 here xd not with the same team tho xdxd right now with deportivo la corua, promoted to first division after 10 years on 2nd division :p right now trying to win Champions or at least reach the final

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Just one question for those going into mere than 50 seasons... how long do you usually keep one manager around?
    i dont know if i will reach 50th maybe when the update comes i will reset but usually what i do when i am bored i pick a unknown team with only juveniles and try to promote that team

vCash
    I never stick around for long, my longest was 15 years with my football rivalries story on the old forum.

vCash
    28 seasons my game. Been playing for 6 years in real life time. Not played it as much in last year but back playing again. It takes ages to do a season as manage 7 clubs in 5 countries and manage 3 national teams also. Brilliant career game.

vCash
    the other day, i saw a photo of a friend who i haven't seen in years. her husband had a monster nottingham forest career. have no idea how long it was but i know he'd been playing for around 5 years in real-life. one day, my friend's mother (his mother-in-law) unplugged the computer to do some ironing for them and the saved-game was lost.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ajra21 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just started to play my longest saved game which I started back in 2011. Total time is over 12 days and I'm currently in 2048. I only put the English leagues on, which I regret now but I never knew when I started this game that it would go so far! I've had seven jobs, I started at Leigh RMI and resigned in 2031. My next job was Exeter, I did 12 seasons with them and resigned in 2043. Purfleet was next, I only did three-and-a-half seasons with them until I took an offer to become Manchester United manager. United haven't won the PL since 2019 and spent over a decade in the First Division before getting promoted in 2046. I thought it was time to bring back the glory days! In my first half-season I qualified for the CL with a fourth place finish and I'm currently half-way through the 2047/48 season, sitting third in the PL and top of my group in the CL second group stage.

I've also had three stints as England manager, winning the Euros in 2024 and the World Cup in 2026!

My manager stats are as followed;

Leagues won; 35
    Cups won; 109
    Awards won; 236
    Games played; 3010
    Games won; 2138
    Games drawn; 521
    Games lost; 351
    Goals scored; 6361
    Goals conceded; 2114
    Players bought; 396 (total value 302m)
    Players sold; 227 (total value 493m)

I aiming to do a good decade with United so I'll keep you all updated on how it goes!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starvinho For This Useful Post:

vCash
    If it's not considered a sin to post about CM 00/01 on this forum that is clearly dedicated to CM 01/02, this is my modest contribution to this thread:

For some more information and even the step towards CM 01/02, click here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Days 154... Hours 18... Minutes 53... Seconds 5

3 managers still in charge of the same 3 teams rangers Ajax and Liverpool

Rangers 11 champions leagues wins 6 runners ups
    Ajax 7 champions leagues wins 4 runners ups
    Liverpool 3 champions leagues wins 2runners ups

All 3 have won their leagues every season. 24 seasons

vCash
    Half a year

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am new to the forum but i am in season 2095 the game clock is on 378 days over 15 years. I have been drawn to the website because my latest computer is dying on me and i want to transfer my save game onto a new computer with windows 7 there must be a way but i havent got a clue any help would be much appreciated

vCash
    Just move it onto a usb or hard drive and move over

You could compress it to make it a smaller file, right click, compress, it will then create a zip file which you can move to new computer

Over a year on one save, how do you feel?

vCash
    To be honest its worse than you think i have kept an xcell speadsheet of all the players i have ever had play for me (did i forget to say i have been with watford all this time) a full list of goals, mom, assists etc so i know my all time greats. Ive been advised to use windows 7 but reading the threads it looks like there are problems witn that!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mqp68j For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mqp68j View Post
    To be honest its worse than you think i have kept an xcell speadsheet of all the players i have ever had play for me (did i forget to say i have been with watford all this time) a full list of goals, mom, assists etc so i know my all time greats. Ive been advised to use windows 7 but reading the threads it looks like there are problems witn that!!
    Nice, mate. Was recently ruing the fact I haven't got a similar set-up (cos my mate has, too), but I'm in too deep to start now.

vCash
    27 seasons my legendary drinking game, 8 managers (mostly different countries) & 3 national teams.

Started playing it again at weekend so will check days when I get home.

vCash
    I really didn't think that there would anyone else doing that as well. If you are in for the long haul though its worth starting one even if its just top goal scorer if i get my computer to work i will post some players and stats you may be able to pick up a bargin, how many seasons you in?

vCash
    I had an Excel spreadsheet for my Ipswich game listing my tournament results each season, each season's Premier League standings, an all-time Premier League table, various all-time records and stats, and the league history of every team to have played in the Premiership during my game. I also had a Word document chronicling major events of each season. Sadly my laptop crashed last week and I lost my save data, so I'll have to start a new game once I re-download it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F1Krazy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Windows 7 is ok and there is a thread for any issues. As long as everything is ran as administrator you will be sweet

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm a total IT moron and I managed to get it to work on Win7!
    Should be no trouble for anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You can geg your data recovered and put onto a new computer. Im going through this at the moment and i have a dead motherboard and no power. I was doing a second job as a security guard (to pay for my daughters wedding) and went througn every comp winner in every league in the world and awarded them points according to the comp they won. This gave me the super league of every team using past results as well. Olympiakos was near the top believe it of not with the usual barca and byarn but it was real interesting to see the changing fortunes of teams. I will put some screen shots up if/when i get my laptop back.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to mqp68j For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My last shout when it comes to this save of CM00/01. I couldn't get any further than 2456...

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123