Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've just started my 1st proper game on the latest update that I am determined to see through - at the same club without getting a twitchy finger on the 'apply for' button when other jobs come up

I do worry thought that there will be too much narrative (inane rambling) and not enough CM content/appropriate screenies so was wondering whether it should be posted here or elsewhere?

For instance the club is good old Aston Villa as I always feel guilty when starting a new save for taking someone else's job & this time there are no vacancies to start with apart from Darlington and England lol.
    I decided to take a punt on the next best thing which caught my eye being an insecure manager and Alex McLeish at Villa.

I thought he should be possibly sacked anyway so didn't lose much sleep over it and immediately had visions of buying a new centre back as Collins and Dunne are no spring chickens and I remember the halycon days of floppy blonde haired Danish CB Martin Laursen so subsequently set about finding a like-for-like(ish) replacement for him - where could I find such a similar player??
    Simon Kjaer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I thought he should be possibly sacked anyway so didn't lose much sleep over it and immediately had visions of buying a new centre back as Collins and Dunne are no spring chickens and I remember the halycon days of floppy blonde haired Danish CB Martin Laursen so subsequently set about finding a like-for-like(ish) replacement for him - where could I find such a similar player??
    Check out
    - Kyrylo Petrov (ukraine, Dynamo Kiev)
    - Ondrej Mazuch (czech republic, Dnipro)
    - Steffan Bell (german, Mainz)
    - Neven Subotic (serbian/american, Dortmund - wait until he wants a new contract which will happen soon)
    In general it is a good idea to send scouts over to Germany.

vCash
    BRISTOL ROVERS, second season intro

I had to sell the players who got us promoted to Division 2, but at least I received some serious money for them.
    I got about 1,5M dollars for the key players I had to sell, and an other million for those rubbish players who wanted a new contract.
    I was given about 2M to spend from this amount, and I did spend it all
    I bought 3 midfielders as replacements and improvements, two strikers, two defenders. Who I really have hopes in is a young northern irish lad called Boyce, who I signed from Crusaders.

After 8 matches I am second in division2, with 6 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

The league is much harder, even the wins were tough (usually with 1 goal), so it is difficult to judge, but I say I will definietly not get relegated, a good mid table position is the minimum I expect.

vCash
    Cheers for the responses guys, I think Simon Kjaer is my man lol as he fits the bill as the 'new Martin Laursen'

Spoiler!

Thomas Rogne though could be the Scandanavian Gary Cahill as he would have been my first choice to get back before he went elsewhere, I reckon I could prize him away from Celtic.

Spoiler!

Subotic is world class imo, I bought him AND Hummels once for Man Utd in a double whammy and they were excellent, I really should make more use of my scouts in other countries so I will be sure to check all your recommendations out

vCash
    A short review of my last months

Spoiler!

After winning "everything" with a team i took on relegation, i withdraw and start managing Blackburn Rovers, last in First Division right now

Eat that, Mourinho and Guardiola

vCash
    BRISTOL ROVERS, second season, division2 (tier3).

Doing good, leading the title race at the moment. I made some cash too with selling of my 33 y/o (!) starting keeper for 1,2 million. (snapped up the same quality from free...) edit: playing in england is always easy money. There is no other league where you can sell an old player as a lower league team for this amount.
    Already took an exit from the league cup, but still in the FA cup. There will be a Bristol Derby on 1 January for advancing :applause:

Who are really impressive are my two imports for the attacking section. Younghusband was 240k dollars, Boyce was 300k dollars, but they worth their price for sure! (Boyce's value is 1,4M at the moment, I will definietly make a profit on the guy )

Spoiler!

Lo.Fi Unattached
    I signed Younghusband for Ajax recently. excellent player but he faded in my gamq quite quickly and I just became impatient and free transfered him. Good luck with the Bristol Rovers. You seem ahead of schedule there and should have plenty of money in the bank when you reach the premiership.

Lo.Fi Unattached

Season Two, Milazzo

Time for a moan.

This season is make or break for me. I'm losing motivation. Milazzo are now in an unmanageable financial situation, 5.2m in debt and unable to sign any decent players due to the wage cap of 725k p/w!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had signed some players of quality who would catapult us into Serie B with the minimum of fuss after last year's near miss (see previous post), however results have gone disastrously. 4 games without a win, no strength in depth, and horribly aware of the threat of recently relegated Lecce (who have a wage bill more than 4 times the size of ours), my outlook is bleak. If we don't make it this season I will resign and that will probably be the end of this save game. I have applied for countless jobs and always they appoint some muppet from the lower leagues instead. FYI i was ranked 12th best Italian manager the last time I checked.

Currently stand 2nd in Serie C1/B having just beaten Isola Liri 3-2 despite being 2-0 down and having had 2 goals disallowed. Thats the kind of shit luck we've been having.

Do or die. Here goes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo.Fi View Post
    I signed Younghusband for Ajax recently. excellent player but he faded in my gamq quite quickly and I just became impatient and free transfered him. Good luck with the Bristol Rovers. You seem ahead of schedule there and should have plenty of money in the bank when you reach the premiership.

Younghusband was class in Div2, probably weak for the dutch league. Here he finished with nearly 20 goals (not sure), fans playor of the year and everything.

BRISTOL ROVERS, second season, div2.

Since my new signings delivered it was not hard to get promoted, I won div2 with 5 matches before the end.
    I also managed to win the vans trophy, despite playing only backups all along.
    The real achivement was the FA cup giant killing though: I managed to win against Chelsea (reserves...) in the best 16, and also beat Blackburn in the best 8.

Before finishing the seaon, my reputation was quite good, and I received two interesting job offers: one from already relegated Blackburn Rovers, and one from again-not-promoted West Ham United. (a few others too which I didn't consider, like Watford and Hull).
    I liked both opportunities, and after some thinking took the Blackburn job.

BLACKBURN ROVERS, second season, end of season.

Already relegated, financially insecure, a squad of 40 something, players unhappy and everything. Also, that idiot Kean managed to sell Junior Hoillet to Salzburg for 1,5 million dollars (1,5M!) and Lowe to Sunderland for 2!!
    Time was spent with trimming the squad, in the summer I sold everyone who
    - didn't extend with a maximum wage of 30k (Yakubu, Rochina, ...)
    - was unhappy or was causing disharmony (Riberio, Olsson...)
    The end result was quite good, as I sold 15-20 players for about 20 million total.

There was still some class left, there are more, these are my favourites for the moment:
    Spoiler!

And my scouts found good freebies:
    Spoiler!

Interesting thing is that after 9 games, Bristol Rovers is at a playoff position (4th). My successor made interesting purchases and seems to do well!

Lo.Fi Unattached
    What the f@!"*? Petrovic is insanely talented in your game. And what's up with their coaching situation? They've all got arrows beside their vital stats. Does that mean you've been tampering using an editor? Never had those things with players in their early/mid twenties in my game before. What's the story?

You're doing well. Great stuff.

Lol forgot I'm retired here. I'll keep reading. Bye

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo.Fi View Post
    What the f@!"*? Petrovic is insanely talented in your game.
    I think he is random to an extent, but I will check the DB.

edit: LOL
    Spoiler!

And what's up with their coaching situation? They've all got arrows beside their vital stats. Does that mean you've been tampering using an editor? Never had those things with players in their early/mid twenties in my game before. What's the story?
    They are not coaches, but there is an own scout looking at my team on all matches. (send scout/club/Blackburn)
    You can access the report sheet with that arrow.

edit: sample below. I think it is a very useful feature:
    Last edited by shikaka; 02-04-12 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    After playing this game for ten years, I am somewhat disappointed to see that holidaying is the guarantee for success. Won the Champions League with the Welsh team TNS yesterday. Ok, it took me 30 seasons to get past the qualification rounds, but when I finally did I won the entire thing. League results were quite amusing too, finishing season after season with final results like 99-4 goals scored/against.

Cyril Washbrook Unattached
    Just finished my tenth season at Aachen, where I've won the Bundesliga title four years in a row despite the board's ridiculous financial constraints (350 million in the bank but refuses to sanction an increase to the 30 million transfer budget or the measly wage allowance). Fortunately the club's increasing reputation has allowed me to hold onto key players: in earlier seasons, I kept having to change strikers every two years because they were constantly demanding transfers.

Have snatched up some very good regens. 18-year-old goalkeeper who's won the Goalkeeper of the Year award twice in a row and has become Germany's number one:

Full-back who captains both Aachen and Germany:

And an astonishing 17-year-old whom I snapped up for 2.3 million midway through the season.

vCash
    Willemse looks Immense

vCash
    And the goals are flying.

vCash
    I didn't last long at Villa - was sacked before Christmas

We were languishing in 13th place, albeit with not much points difference between top 4 and bottom 3. Couldn't string 2 wins together and Darren Bent being injured obviously led me to play the prolific strike force of Agbonlohor and Heskey who managed 5 goals between them in 4 months!

Never even got to buy Simon Kjaer either as straight away teams start bidding for him left, right and centre, I kept trying to mug them off by outbidding them to the tune of 100m but then I got the boot

vCash
    BLACKBURN ROVERS, third season, end of season

Pre-season was spent with stabilizing the club financially, and shaping the squad so that Blackburn can be promoted straight after their relegation.
    It was the expectation of the board too.

Financial things:
    - I sold everyone who was an overpaid cunt (Yakubu, 35 y/o Drogba, Rochina, etc.)
    - I sold everyone who was unhappy (Riberio, Bunn)
    - I sold everyone who I rated as useless (the midfielder Olsson, lots of reserve players)
    - I sold everyone who I rated useful, but there were 2 better, happy players before him in the squad (Goodwillie, Hyam,...)
    This basicly solved the financial problems, as I the income was about 25M $, with the wage bill drastically cut down.
    Also the squad was down to managable size, about 30 fellas (from 46-47!)

Transfers in:
    - Leon Best, a strong, 28y/o irish target man (free, formerly Newcastle)
    - Jonny Evans, a verstile defender (centre and right), free transfer, formerly Arsenal
    - club legend Brad Friedel, 42 y/o goalie to have someone in case of Robinsons injury (free, formerly Spurs)
    - Chris Cartwright, english, 20y/o striker from free (regen, I dunno but I think he is Robbie Fowler's regen)
    - Elliot Kebbie, english, 18 y/o right fullback from Atletico Madrid for 1M $ (he was unhappy and was transfer listed)
    - James Forrest, scottish, 21 y/o midfielder from Celtic for 1,5M $ (he wanted to leave Celtic for a bigger club - WTF? a championship side is bigger then Celtic? :wha
    - Drennan, irish, 20 y/o MLC from Aston Villa for 1,2M $ (wanted first team action)

The season:
    I played a stock 4-1-3-2, the same as with Bristol, and it proved very useful. In the league we had only 1 defeat total, with about 7 or 8 draws. This squad is simply too good for the championship. There was a 9 or 10 game winning streak, and a 30 something undefeated run in the middle, until I finally lost to the Ipswich superkeeper. There was an injury crisis around the end of January, where I had to play some previously transfer listed/not needed players, and this resulted in an exit from cups: with West Brom beating us in the FA cup and Everton in the league cup.
    Alltogether I could not care less for the cups, so I consider this a successful season!
    Revelations: Drennan, midfielder with 15 league goals, Cartwright, rotation striker with 20 goals, Blackman, rotation striker with 15 goals, and Morten Gamst-Pedersen, with 14 goals and 11 assists (I had to sell him: I thought that noone will want a 32 y/o championship player and he was allowed a minimum release fee of 3,5M $. Newcaslte, Liverpool, Stoke and Ajax all coughed that up at the end of the season)

Squad analysis:

GKs: Robinson, Friedel, Kean
    Robinson is very good, Kean is good enough to be 3rd choice, but I will have to get a rotation keeper because Friedel will retire I think. At the moment I am looking at Duisburg's welsh keeper, Wayne Hennessey.
    Defense: Kebbie (dr), Olsson (d/am l), Hanley (dc), Evans (d rlc), O'Connor (d rc), Dickinson (d/m l), ramage (d rc)
    As of numbers AND starting lineup, it is quite ok. Kebbie-Hanley-Evans-Olsson is premiership level. Unfortunately the 3 replacements cannot even play well on cup matches, so I need 2 cheap defenders.
    Midfield: Hyam (dm), Petrovic (dm), Forrest (am rlc), Templeton (am rl), Drennan (m lc), MGP (m lc)
    Quality-wise it is OK, Petrovic - Forrest - Drennan - MGP was the best in the league, but starting player MGP was sold, also rotation player Hyam. I will need 2 roation players and a quality MC.
    Attack: Blackman (fc), Cartwright (sc), Best (sc), and a good random sc whose name I forgot
    Did very well in the championship, but I fear this might not be enough for premiership. We will see!

Shopping list: rotation GK, rotation DC, rotation Midfielder and quality midfielder is the minimum. I have about 15M $, so it should be doable.

Meanwhile:
    Premiership: Manchester City
    FA cup: Chelsea
    League cup: Tottenham
    Bundesliga: Bayern
    La Liga: Barcelona
    Serie A: Juventus
    Ligue 1: Bordeaux
    Champions league: Manchester City

vCash
    Two successive promotions with Montrose and now my shitty scouts have at last come up with a worthy player. He's prepared to play for 300 p/w in the lower Scottish leagues. Shall I sign him? Decisions! decisions!

vCash
    no brainer dude

looks class for a team i never heard of
    Last edited by Patinoz; 07-04-12 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishdalar View Post
    A short review of my last months

Spoiler!

After winning "everything" with a team i took on relegation, i withdraw and start managing Blackburn Rovers, last in First Division right now

Eat that, Mourinho and Guardiola
    I like how "todo espanol" except Spanish Cup and First Division. That would look weird surely?

vCash
    Probably the best regen i've ever seen. Must...... have.

vCash
    This 15 yr old regen is pretty good for his age. Unfortunately he wouldn't sign for Montrose. :wha:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubinho View Post
    This 15 yr old regen is pretty good for his age. Unfortunately he wouldn't sign for Montrose. :wha:

Get him signed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckminster View Post
    Probably the best regen i've ever seen. Must...... have.

What we thinking? G Milito?

vCash
    Walter Samuel

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast