Page 1 of 71 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you doing?

vCash

How are you doing?

This thread is for those who would like to share their current game with us.

Post here how you are progressing with your most recent game.

Started a game with Napoli with the latest ODB release. It will only be a one season game because I'm just having a bit of fun with a tactic I've made, which is essentially a 4-1-5. Made one signing, Mauro Zarate. Line-up is as follows:

---------------------Cavani----------------

----Pandev-----Hamsik----Lavezzi-----Zarate

-------------------------------------------

----------------------Inler----------------

--Dossena--Cannavaro-----Fernandez--Zuniga

-------------------De Sanctis----------------

So, very attacking. Played 4, won 4 in the league. Won in the Champs League qualifiers and beat Real Madrid in my first group game, 1-0.

vCash
    Ive started a new game, got to say its only my 6th game since 2002. My last game crashed in 2040, spanish competition bug kinda screwed me over.. 30 games in 5 days with a club like Getave winning doesn't cover it for me. Ive spended 8 hours a day coaching my favorite team AFC Ajax and enjoyed the game. won everything multiple times and even enjoyed the times when i won jack-all because of my incompatibility when it comes to scouting and tactical knowledge.
    So i started a new game, ODB no patches or updates. Am in Denmark right now at Lyngby with Nikiforenko, Baga, Ibrahimovic and Maicon in 2005, making the best of it. Reached the quarter finals in the Champions League last year, having a minor set back with place 5 in the Danish League at the moment, but i'll probably survive! My next step will probably be Russia before i can return to Holland. Can't wait to coach a dutch club!

Cyril Washbrook Unattached
    Managing Alemannia Aachen using the ODB. Secured promotion to the Bundesliga in my first season in charge, consolidated with a 12th place finish the following year, then took third place in the two years after that.

Now I've just won the Bundesliga on a thrilling final day: going into the last game, we were level with Dortmund but behind by one on goal difference. Dortmund took an early 1-0 in its fixture and held onto that, meaning we needed two goals to take the championship (we were well ahead on goals scored). At 3-2 up with five minutes to go, it looked like it was all over... at which point Marco Reus broke free and slotted home the title-winning goal from a distance. Thrilling stuff.

vCash
    Slightly different game going on from the above replies (which all sound very interesting btw).

Currently playing my first save in over several months. Using Tapani patch 2.19 with January 2011 data update, starting in 2010/2011 (I just can't play CM with an incorrect date) so I'm a season behind real life.

Started off with Leyton Orient in League One with the ambition to get them promoted and into the EPL. In the past I was always stuck in my ways with tactics using my own 4-4-2 DDL creations or the classic PB8, but this time I opted to change and started using other people's tactics that are based on realistic formations. It's been fun.

Midway through my first season with the O's I was running away with League One. However, this caused bigger clubs to come sniffing for my players and despite making money off transfers the Board refused to give me any money to replace them. Sheffield Wednesday had just sacked Megson at this time, they were 22nd in the same League and I applied for the job thinking I'd have no chance in getting it, seeing as I hadn't even completed 1 season yet...but I did and I jumped at the chance.

Managed to get Wednesday from 22nd to finish 4th from February to May, which included victory over Burton in the Football League Trophy. I was fortunate in the Play-Off final too as the opposition had both keepers sent off in the first half.

The next season in the Championship, I was able to improve the squad adding BARGAINS like Alex Chamberlain and Connor Wickham who were both available for under £500k due to clauses in their contracts. I ended up winning the League by 106 points. By the end of the season, both players mentioned above starting moaning about wanting to leave and move to a bigger club with constant requests to be transfer listed. However, I'd put minimum fee clauses in their contracts of £15 Million so they were not going anywhere.

I was all content with the ambition to turn Wednesday into a top 8 EPL Club as quickly as possible until I saw Arsene Wenger get the sack at Arsenal a few games before the end of the season. Curious, I saw that he had previously finished 3rd in the EPL with no Cup wins and was set to finish between 7th-9th in the EPL in the current season (which is why he got the boot, I imagine). Strangely, they sacked him just before the FA Cup Final, which they won in extra-time against Championship side Cardiff City.

A quick look at the Manager Stats told me that, for some reason, I was 5th in the list for reputation with 'superb'. Getting the Wednesday job so early in the game was 'lucky' and I thought I'd try my luck again with the Arsenal job, if I don't get it, I won't be too bothered. They took a week to get back to me but they offered me the job, with £88 Million spending money. I just couldn't turn it down.

Not much had changed from the squad Arsenal had in the 2010/2011 season. Just add Vidic from Man Utd to the squad and you could guess the first XI. I don't know how the hell Wenger managed to finish outside the top 6 with this side. Plus, a quick look at 'future transfers' told me Gary Cahill was set to join in the summer for £8 mill.

Being a new manager, I wanted to make my mark and immediately released all the backroom staff except some scouts and Steve Bould, hiring some new faces. I then transfer listed Andrei Arshavin and Marouanne Chamakh, despite having solid seasons I just knew I could find better replacements.

It was a busy pre-season before the 2012-2013 season kicked off. I just counted that I'd sold 33 players! Some were released, but most of them included decent transfer fees for youth players who didn't seem to be doing anything and players I wanted to replace. Liverpool took Arshavin off my hands for £8 Million whilst Sevilla took Chamakh for £13.5 Million.

I tried to sign Fabiano from Sevilla for £12 Million but he had no interest in joining me. With only RVP and Carlos Vela to name as strikers, I had a long search for some decent replacements and the best I could find was Emmanuel Adebayor who was out of favour at Manchester City (sorry to any Gooners reading). Signed for £2 Million he's been rather prolific so far so it has been a decent deal. Joining him is Didier Drogba on a free transfer and a young German striker Deniz Naki which my scout found at St.Pauli.

I also signed Ben Foster to give Szcezny some competition in goal. Went to my former Club Wednesday and took Oxlade-Chamberlain for £7 Million and added a dozen youth players who'll hopefully turn out good in the future.

Currenly 5 games into the EPL and I still have a 100 % record, including a 3-0 victory at WHL but not getting carried away too much.

In all my years playing CM, I don't think I've ever managed to move to bigger clubs in such a short space of time so it's been very refreshing. I hope you've enjoyed reading.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Camden_R For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Managed back to back promotions and league wins with Palace, so it's Premier League next year! Passed the magical 100 points milestone but couldn't beat my old record of 104 points from 0304 with Brentford. Made a lot of changes to the squad I took over, particularly happy with this signing which I think was £75k well spent:

vCash
    That's a bargain. Looks like a proper holding mid skipper.

vCash
    Manging Wrexham using 3.9.68 three games in, lost 2 won 1, Leaburn scored on his dubut (twice) but since then has failed to find the net. Man City sent us out of the league cup. It's gonna be a fight I can tell you.

vCash
    Playing Celtic at the moment, with some restrictions:
    - I can have 3 foreign players total
    - non-foreign players are: scottish, irish, n.irish
    - non wib/wib tactics by me only

First season was kind of boring, I spent lots of time with offloading foreigners (from Kayal to Hinkel), but it was worth it, I received about 25 million dollars from transfers.
    I also did the double (scottish premiership + UEFA cup), the scottish league seems to be doable with my restrictions, but the UEFA cup required 2 very lucky results. (semis: 2-2 aggregate against Juve, with Marchisio's own goal in Turin and a won penalty shootout)

My best team (I think it is).

__________Gilks___________
    Hutton_Evans_Webster_Lowry
    __________Grella_________
    ___Brown__Norwood___Ledley
    _____Stokes____Maloney

- Corry Evans and Norwood came from Man United for a few million
    - Vince Grella from Rovers (1M I think)
    - Shane Lowry from Aston Villa for like 500k
    - Webster from Hearts for 250k (he was not playing for some reason)
    - Gilks came from Blackpool with activating his 450k relegation fee
    I also fancied signing Charlie Adam (to replace Grella next year), but he seems to be a Rangers boy.

This team is good enough to dominate the premiership, and I have some players who can turn out to be good (Marr, Feruz, Forrest, Cervi) but are mainly question marks now, and a few who are rubbish but good enough cover for domestic cups (Mulgrew, O'Dea, Commons).

I am really in trouble signing scots from the premiership, who I wanted (Hanley from Blackburn and an other young scotsman CB from Liverpool) are 'not for sale'. Also not for sale was Craig Gordon, who I really wanted but had to settle for Gilks instead.

Current house rule-foreigners are: Vince Grella and Joe Ledley. (Lowry was aussie/irish, but was called up to Ireland after his brilliant 1,5 season)

vCash
    3rd season with november 2011 database i think

Started on Spanish 2DB with Ontinyent, promoted to 1st division in 2 years, was 2nd in January on 1st division and then Deportivo fired his coach when they were on relegation positions, so i left my team with almost-guaranteed champions league spot and a promising squad, to make Deportivo achieve european success once again

I wanted the benefits of having a B team, because Ontinyent has none, and a 34000 capacity stadium, instead of the 5000 of "El Clariano"

vCash
    I'm coming to the end of my first season with Juventus on March update.

Seven games to go, first in Serie A, six points ahead, in the semi's of UEFA Cup and Italian Cup Final.

Sold a few players

Matri £17m
    Motta £3.9m
    Martinez £3.8m
    Felipe Melo £12.25m
    De Ceglie £8m
    Lichtsteiner £11.25m and a few others.

Main players brought in

Dorlan Pabon £3.2m (recommended by a scout called Dermotron)
    Mauro Zarate £4m
    Mathieu Flamini £1.3m
    Antonio Candreva £3m
    Ricardo Gabriel Alvarez £3m

Marchisio has been the player of the season. I've set his value to the max (£30m) to stave off other clubs. Arturo Vidal has been excellent too. Had a lot of lengthy injuries to Pirlo, Elia & Candreva.

vCash
    Hows Pabon preforming Dubs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Hows Pabon preforming Dubs?
    OK but nothing special as yet. What's his best position?

kreanto Unattached
    Attempting to get Moldova to Euro 2004, second-last game against Turkey, a win means I'm as good as through, a draw means I need everything to go perfectly in the last game, a loss puts me out.

I have a goal disallowed, so do they, I go 0-1 down, pull it back to 2-1 on 85 minutes... 2-2 on 90... 2-3 on 93. In all my time playing this game, I've never been closer to throwing the laptop out of the window.

I would have posted a screenshot but I ragequit. First time I've ever done that.

vCash
    Did u win the rematch

kreanto Unattached
    Lost it 0-4. I'd rather have had that the first time tbh.

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Hi guys I'm back playing after a 4 year long hiatus. Was playing for 1 month with the previous data update but today I've installed march 2012 and put a load of new backgrounds on my game.

So.... I am planning on starting a new save game. Any suggestions as to which teams I should manage? If any take my fancy I will come back and post my progress.

Many regards

vCash
    I'm doing a Di Canio with Hereford

vCash
    2010/11 season finished, and it ended in glory! Won the Premier League with Palace after a close race with Manchester United with the title being decided on the final day. We were equal on points, with United having better goal difference, but a 4-0 win away at Liverpool for us and a draw away at QPR for United saw us crowned champions. We also played in the FA Cup final, but lost 2-1 to Arsenal.

Signing of the season was this guy, joined for £230k from Preston last summer. Started the season in the reserves, but came up to the first team when I had a run of injuries around Christmas, and formed a good midfield partnership with Delplanque. might try to snatch him to my next club, whichever club that turns out to be.

Also took over the English national team this season, currently 2nd in our EC qualification group behind Greece. Going to resign from Palace after the season to make the wait for a D job faster, England will give me something to do at least.

Summary of my career so far:
    Spoiler!

Now to find a d-club to manage...

Edit: For a second I thought I had a possible new job only 3 days after the season finished, as Rotherham appointed a Doncaster coach as their new manager. Alas, it was only a coach, not the manager, so the managerial job there is not available. Bugger.

vCash
    Just about to start a career with Northampton Town using only players under 18 could be fun, I'll let you know how I get on

Lo.Fi Unattached

The start of the Brighton "project"

I am Brighton and Hove Albion.

Just quickly looking over this squad I found enough good players to satisfy my needs. The board expect us to battle bravely against relegation but judging by the start we've made I'm quite confident we can challenge for a promotion, assuming the majority of my players stay fit.

I got rid of 5 players: 2 goalies and 3 fullbacks ( who are redundant in my system). Brought in Ben Foster (£1m) and 2 free fransfers, Luca Mezzano (a versatile defender/midfielder) and the decent dmc Falvien Belsen.

Because the squad is small I recalled almost everyone who was away on loan and so far this decision is more than justified. Take a look at the amazing early season stats of this guy, who returned from Sheff Utd to become my lone striker:

So, after a worrying start in which we surrended good leads to Derby and Blackpool, and just scraped through against Stevenage in League Cup round 1, our progress thus far has been exceptional, and we remain unbeaten 8 games into the league season.

Code:
    Pos     Team                            Pld  Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   Pts
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st     Blackpool                       9    4    0    1    8    3    2    1    1    9    7    19   
    2nd     Brighton                        8    3    2    0    16   6    2    1    0    9    6    18   
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3rd     Bristol City                    9    4    0    1    12   5    1    1    2    5    8    16   
    4th     West Ham                        7    2    1    0    6    3    2    1    1    5    4    14   
    5th     Middlesbrough                   8    2    0    2    4    5    2    2    0    10   6    14   
    6th     Millwall                        9    3    1    0    6    2    1    1    3    8    14   14   
    7th     Birmingham                      7    2    0    1    8    5    2    1    1    9    7    13   
    8th     Burnley                         8    3    0    1    10   5    1    1    2    6    9    13   
    9th     Southampton                     9    1    3    0    8    6    2    1    2    7    10   13   
    10th    Watford                         9    3    1    1    9    5    1    0    3    4    10   13   
    11th    Reading                         8    3    0    1    12   6    1    0    3    7    11   12   
    12th    Ipswich                         8    1    3    0    5    4    1    3    0    7    6    12   
    13th    Hull                            7    3    0    1    8    4    1    0    2    3    6    12   
    14th    Derby                           8    2    1    1    8    5    1    1    2    4    6    11   
    15th    Leeds                           8    2    1    1    9    8    1    1    2    2    7    11   
    16th    Doncaster                       8    3    0    1    9    6    0    1    3    5    8    10   
    17th    Cardiff                         7    2    1    1    8    8    1    0    2    3    5    10   
    18th    Nottm Forest                    9    2    1    1    10   7    0    2    3    3    7    9    
    19th    Portsmouth                      8    1    2    1    7    6    1    0    3    2    6    8    
    20th    Leicester                       9    2    2    1    4    3    0    0    4    2    11   8    
    21st    Barnsley                        9    2    0    2    8    5    0    1    4    4    9    7    
    22nd    Crystal Palace                  8    2    0    2    8    10   0    1    3    5    9    7    
    23rd    Coventry                        8    0    3    1    4    5    0    2    2    2    5    5    
    24th    Peterborough                    8    0    1    2    2    4    0    1    4    5    12   2

Next update shall follow soon

Note: I'm using a custom formation 3-1-4-1-1 with no wib/wob (never got to grips with it and i'm not gonna start now)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo.Fi View Post
    I am Brighton and Hove Albion.
    Note: I'm using a custom formation 3-1-4-1-1 with no wib/wob (never got to grips with it and i'm not gonna start now)

A non Wib/Wob 3 defender formation which is working?!

Would you do a write up? (team/player settings and player archetypes to use)

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Sure. Where you want me to write it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo.Fi View Post
    Sure. Where you want me to write it?
    Maybe open a topic in tactics/training section like "non-wibwob tactics".
    I will post mine when I have time.

edit:
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...he-fun-is-back
    there is a topic already

vCash

Page 1 of 71 1234511 ... LastLast