vCash
    If only we had all the CA15 dedicated pages from the old forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    If only we had all the CA15 dedicated pages from the old forum

vCash
    very interesting topic.

vCash
    You know what, this thread has suddenly made some research I did fall into place. I had something in one of the training threads about how you couldn't predict who was and wasn't coachable. However, it seems to me that you can predict what can and can't be coached. I went back and looked at the spreadsheet, it was quite profound that gains had been made in non-physical areas. I performed training on my players over the course of a season and felt that fitness training was largely a waste of time. Players don't get stronger or faster. However, they can shoot better, they can improve their skills and they can improve tactically. It's all there in CA 15.

Hidden or uncoachable attributes:
    Anticipation, Penalties, Throw-Ins, Vision and One-on-Ones.

Attributes affected by Skill training:
    Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing and Tackling

Attributes affected by Shooting training:
    Finishing and Long Shots

Attributes affected by Tactics training:
    Decisions, Marking, Off The Ball and Positioning

Attributes affected by Physical training:
    Reflexes

Attributes affected by GK training:
    Handling

Essentially, you can improve two of a goalie's major attributes - reflexes and handling - if the player hasn't reached his potential ability but otherwise you're wasting your time. Even if you can coach it, it's largely a waste of time unless it's inside CA15.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good post mate, can any updater confirm the above? it's a brilliant summary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I thought that was obvious just by looking at what training schedules improved what attributes during the season? Maybe it's just me but I already knew what attributes would be raised by the different types of training?

vCash
    Ohhhh, look at all the worms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Demon For This Useful Post:

vCash

What is CA15?

Alan put your pants back on

vCash
    this made me remember my 127-rated attributes player

vCash
    why 127?

vCash
    Cause the game uses 16-bit registers. You can easily see that when scoring goals. The counter will reset when player scores 256 goals back to 0 xD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    There were more tests done on this subject even on this forum .

Team of 1CA/21PA beat ODB (March or previous DB) Barcelona by 30 points in league xD.

That was so funny to see .

Yes, you don't need high CA/PA for players to perform like World Beaters however, you won't see 20s all over the place either.
    That was my test yeah, lovely times

vCash
    Shame we split the teams because of this discussion. It has started just like this... haha

vCash
    I remember when the whole 'CA15' was the main theme of this site and all the debates around it. And now returning to this site, and the game, after 3 years or so and seeing it all with fresh eyes, the one thing I've concluded is simply how strange the 'Current Ability' stat is in the game!

I wonder sometimes if it would be easier to have no current ability and the game should just use the stats on their own; but then of course this would create a problem with how the stats for 'unknown' players are generated. The problem with the 'CA15' stats is that for the top players especially, the engine unrealistically raises attributes which shouldn't be raised e.g. top strikers have high tackling/marking/positioning, and top defenders have high finishing/passing/dribbling etc.

What effect this has on the game's playability and realism is hard to say but what it certainly does is dilute players' personalities as all players look similar with less discernible strengths and weaknesses. It also makes it harder when trying to edit attributes in the editor as what you see in the editor is often a way off what you get in the game.

For example, I was editing van Persie trying to get his starting stats as realistic as possible - with a CA of around 185 all his 'defensive' stats were way too high, yet I still couldn't get his 'Off the Ball / Finishing' right (both 20 in the editor but only 18 in game). So it's very difficult to work around this - Ronaldo and Messi are good examples in the update, as their CA is virtually 200 which enables them to have lots of 20s but a lot of their defensive stats are also too high even though they are set to 1 in the editor!

Basically we will always be up against the way that the game evens out the CA15 stats which make it very difficult to have players with 'character' and stats how we want them at the start of the game. It's also why tests have shown that low CA can be really effective because, for example, strikers who just have 3 or 4 really high key attacking stats but really low defending or irrelevant stats can perform more efficiently and effectively than the top players who inevitably have high stats all round.

vCash
    Could be worth a bash that one mate, nice idea.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    HERE WE GO 10 IN A ROW

vCash
    CA15 ruined the forum. End of.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    but there were valid points raised during the discussion

vCash
    ...but did it kill the forum as we knew it 5 years ago?...

vCash
    Probably, and it also ruined the game

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think at the very least it raised awareness about how stats work in-game and even now for me, when editing certain players in the database for a new game start, this knowledge of how these attributes work and how a player's CA affects certain attributes, allows me to 'manipulate' stats in the editor more intelligently so as they appear in game closer to how I think they should.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dw82 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Probably, and it also ruined the game
    I thought Tapani's Iodine tactic did that?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    No no... Iodine EXPLOITED the game for all it was worth..... subtle difference

vCash
    Fair point........ Iodine ruined it for me though Strangely enough Tapani said it would........

vCash
    Having just started a new game on the new update with Man Utd, and done a fair bit of editing beforehand myself, mainly to the starting attributes of Man Utd's squad, I find that my knowledge of CA15 and how the game calculates has helped me to create more 'accurate' players to start with, and the knowledge of how to manipulate the attributes so that even the best players can still have low attributes in certain areas, has helped it seem like my players have more personality and strengths and weaknesses.

How much this affects their success in game, I'm still not sure about, but I like it! It also does highlight how players with modest CA can still perform well e.g. I've lowered Chris Smalling & Phil Jones CA to about 140 in the editor, and in game their skills and technical stats are quite poor but their physical stats and defensive stats quite strong which means they are effective players in the team but also with the scope to improve and bulk out the technical stats in future.

vCash
    Chris smalling has defensive skills?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    HERE WE GO 10 IN A ROW

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeezerCeltic1967 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast