Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is CA15?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    Chris smalling has defensive skills?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Well, quite...

Actually, he's one of the players that I've lowered the stats of quite a bit from the latest update; most of the United players are over-rated in the game so I did a bit of work on them myself to make them a bit more realistic in my eyes. Smalling in my game has poor passing, technique etc but is obviously physically strong and great in the air. He also has decent anticipation, positioning etc. He's been my first choice centre back alongside Vidic in my game and so far been good, conceded only 2 in first 5 games, however I am using my own modified version of the WWW tactic!

vCash
    I never understand why people feel the need for cheat tactics, how can you enjoy the game?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Well I havn't played the game for years so it's not like I'm bored of winning everything and feel like I have to place restrictions on myself. As a returning player, I wanted to have fun by winning - I don't feel I NEED to use such tactics, I just wanted to try it and take a fresh approach, as I've never used these type of tactics before. If it does get too easy then I would stop because you're right, it won't be enjoyable then if there's no challenge. But also I only used the WWW tactic as a foundation to create my own system with, I have and am always modifying and tweaking it myself to suit my team. Plus, my 'challenge' is, rather than just going out and buying loads of new players, I want to develop my existing youth players and as such want a strong system to blood them into.

vCash

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Whatever that's supposed to mean has gone straight over my head I'm afraid...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dw82 View Post
    Whatever that's supposed to mean has gone straight over my head I'm afraid...
    Dont worry, Fod has that effect on people

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just made me giggle that you got so into the CA15 and even amended players according to it then ruined it all by using a cheat tactic. Thats all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Just made me giggle that you got so into the CA15 and even amended players according to it then ruined it all by using a cheat tactic. Thats all
    Fair point Fodster!

In my defence (if I need to defend myself) the reason I amended the players with the CA15 influence in mind was to give them more 'personality' (not have my top strikers with really high defensive stats, and vice versa). I didn't do it to make them better, in fact I feel like I've reduced the attributes of most of the Man Utd squad from how they were in the latest update; however I also appreciate that by 'CA15'ing them this has probably maintained their in-game effectiveness.

And I used a 'cheat' tactic as a reliable base to start experimenting with WIB/WOB myself. I know on these forums the whole WIB/WOB and cheat tactics have been done to death which is why I can understand people now going back to basics. However for over 10 years now I have played the game without ever really experimenting with tactics like this, and felt like now I wanted to try something new and see it from the other side, as it were. Yes I've won every game so far - let's see how long before I get bored!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dw82 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dw82 View Post
    Fair point Fodster!

In my defence (if I need to defend myself) the reason I amended the players with the CA15 influence in mind was to give them more 'personality' (not have my top strikers with really high defensive stats, and vice versa). I didn't do it to make them better, in fact I feel like I've reduced the attributes of most of the Man Utd squad from how they were in the latest update; however I also appreciate that by 'CA15'ing them this has probably maintained their in-game effectiveness.

And I used a 'cheat' tactic as a reliable base to start experimenting with WIB/WOB myself. I know on these forums the whole WIB/WOB and cheat tactics have been done to death which is why I can understand people now going back to basics. However for over 10 years now I have played the game without ever really experimenting with tactics like this, and felt like now I wanted to try something new and see it from the other side, as it were. Yes I've won every game so far - let's see how long before I get bored!
    I still use a cheat tactic if you class fodfod2cf one. It's a 442 based around iodines wib wob. I love winning and never get bored. Love scoring bags of goals. The ca15 thing never bothered me really, any player can perform brilliantly in a heavenly wib wib tactic if it's done properly ... Or by exploiting I should say one member proved that with a team full of high positioning stats and using div 3 players winning the World Cup was a breeze. It's all about how much you know and how much you want to exploit the game engine.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I might be wrong but don't think the wib/won was iodine based but my other fave Dwsv2 otherwise it would be a lot more boring and win more but with less style than I know Fods & I like

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think me and you are bros, we just love winning and scoring and winning and scoring

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am happy I know that I know nothing. Very Interseting read tho! brilliant thread.

vCash
    me too. most of this thread went over my head. i still don't fully get intrinsic attributes let alone CA15.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ajra21 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Probably, and it also ruined the game
    could you explain why?

vCash
    Is there any way to estimate what Current Ability should be given to a player based on his CA15 attributes?

vCash
    you can try this:

CA15 single values (1st CA15 value + 2nd CA15 value + 3rd CA15 value, etc) / 1.5

this way if every CA15 is = 20 the final number is 200, if 10 CA15 values are 15 and the other 5 are 10 the final value is 133

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    you can try this:

CA15 single values (1st CA15 value + 2nd CA15 value + 3rd CA15 value, etc) / 1.5

this way if every CA15 is = 20 the final number is 200, if 10 CA15 values are 15 and the other 5 are 10 the final value is 133
    I'm afraid it's not so easy. I did an experiment giving a player a '20' in all CA15 attributes and changing only his Current Ability from '200' to down. For example, if the player has CA 197-200 all his CA15 attributes will be '17' in game, which is a total of 255 points (15x17). Also another problem is the minimum attribute values, if you give '1', probably in game will be '8'. So this unbalances the 'equation'.

These were the results of my experiment:

vCash
    Another experiment:

1. First column represents every single CA15 attribute
    - 'TOTAL' is the total attributes' points
    - 'AVERAGE' is the attributes' average
    - 'RCA' is the Recommended Current Ability based on my first experiment (calculated over total points)

2. Second column are the attributes I asigned to Santiago Aragón (Real Zaragoza) in the Official Pre-game Editor

3. Third column are the attributes in game with a Current Ability of 149

4. Fourth column are the attributes in game with a Current Ability of 159

5. Fifth column are the attributes in game with a Current Ability of 169

6. Sixth column are the attributes in game with a Current Ability of 179

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mercurio For This Useful Post:

vCash
    the problem is the game doesn't have only the 15 atts of CA15 but also the others so it tends to fill them all in.

as you can see there isn't a direct correlation between raising CA and getting higher CA15 or vice versa, in fact if you create a player with CA 1 his atts won't be 0,XX so that the sum gives 1, and they won't be nor all 1's but he will have a few 5-6 and even a few 10-15 probably.

mine was just an empiric method, just a way for you to roughly represent a player with a given CA based on CA15 but i'm afraid there is no direct way of doing this, at least not arithmetically

vCash
    Ok. I see there is no a better way because CA15 attributes are 'intrinsic' values, not really a 1-20 scale, and it seems to 'balance' the attributes in-game. Your empiric method works 'fine'?

vCash
    no idea, i just created to answer you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123