Positioning
    Tackling
    Throw-Ins
    Vision

GK only
    Handling
    Reflexes
    One-on-Ones.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 06-06-17 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjeg View Post
    what is CA15?
    It is a very important thing.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ask Blue Demon, or reds one of the attribute threads in Data update discussion or tactics section

Good answer though Cam

316'sRegen Unattached
    what answer?

Is this topic off limits or is it just that no-one understands it?
    I've always been interested in this but never able to have a conversation with anyone as they either don't know or are reluctant to talk about CA15.

I know it relates to "current ability" - a field in the database ascertained by an amalgamation of certain attributes, I think it was to do with the distribution of world class players following a bell curve distribution (as it should IRL). That would point to a SIM team ethos, perhaps it's been buried along with the SIM team?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    From what I understand, there are 15 attributes that directly affect CA while the others don't..... I tried to stay away from the debate but BD did a whole bunch of research back in the day

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's not off limits in the slightest.

There'll be someone better off explaining it than me but if I remember rightly, there were 15 attributes discovered that make up a players current ability. The update team at the time did a lot of research into it and began to implement it across the database. I don't recall very much the public reaction at the time but it did lead to arguments within the team as to whether it improved the playability of the game or not.

Eventually, the SIM/ODB teams were formed for those who played with it and those without.

To this day, I still don't which was "best" but I think we can all agree that having two different teams wasn't the best of ideas and hopefully it won't happen again!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Are attributes that directly influence the development of other attributes. For example if a striker has 20 to finish, and 20 to reflexes, which is itself only an attribute of the goal-keepers, as such it does not matter for striker, the attribute finish will go down. He already has 20 to finish and 1 the reflections is guaranteed the attribute reflexes will not influence the 20 he has to finish.

vCash
    Ahhh the 15. These are the 15 attributes which get directly effected by the CA of the player. The idea behind it was the strikers were pure strikers, the defenders were pure defenders, for example you wouldn't see Ronaldo with over 8/9 for tackling given he doesn't tackle, or you wouldn't see a defender with high finishing and so on. With CA15 what you set in the editor for those attributes, is pretty much what you'd get in the game plus or -1/2 points after a season.

CA15 proved that you didn't need stupidly high CA's to be a world beater, if the player had the right attributes in the right places then he would be a world beater. I think Blue Demon made a monster striker off something like CA80.

It's not really a taboo subject, it's just not many of us CA15 SIM team members are still actively around here. Blue Demon visits now and again, Patinoz and myself were SIM team (You were right Pat?) and there's probably a couple of others left.

Realities of it is, in the current update team, parts of CA15 is still being used. Lowering the non essential atts to make the essentials stronger is a common theme within our DB, so all the effort of SIM hasn't gone to waste. It was a chapter in the history of our forum, and one I can look back on fondly, heck I could probably still create a player based on the CA15 rule and still have him perform miracles

If you guys really want a look at our work just download the last SIM update and look at some of the players in the editor and then look at them in game. If you have questions drop Blue Demon a line i'm sure he still has working DB's of the SIM team

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    Fucking Splitters! (only kidding)

So the 15 equates to 15 attributes, which are different depending on a players position, defenders have positioning tackling, strikers have finishing and Off Ball etc. I think I need to go back and read a few of the threads to find out what the other attributes are because that is as far as my knowledge goes on the attributes (well pace & crossing for wingers is obvious too) and it would be good to know.

The funny thing is that although I know next to nothing about the research and the knowledge that has been built up over the years, it doesn't detract at all from my enjoyment of the game, nor does it hinder my being successful with most any team. Amazing how there are so many levels to this game and not being aware of some of the info doesn't mean you can't play the game and enjoy it!

Gonna PM BD with a few more questions

vCash
    So is this why players like Messi have 1 for tackling, positioning, marking etc so their over stats are able to reach their full potential?

Otherwhys it's a waste of CA points right?

Please correct me if i'm wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    So is this why players like Messi have 1 for tackling, positioning, marking etc so their over stats are able to reach their full potential?

Otherwhys it's a waste of CA points right?

Please correct me if i'm wrong?
    Pretty much yeah, you lower the non essential to make the essential stronger. CA will naturally bring up the numbers anyway, so 1 is pretty pointless you'd want to set it as 4/5 to get the maximum use, well that was SIM's idea anyway.

Also the 15 from memory were err

Anticipation
    Corners
    Crossing
    Decisions
    Dribbling
    Finishing
    Heading
    Longshots
    Marking
    Movement
    Passing
    Penalties
    Positioning
    Tackling
    Vision

Something like that anyway lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    There were more tests done on this subject even on this forum .

Team of 1CA/21PA beat ODB (March or previous DB) Barcelona by 30 points in league xD.

That was so funny to see .

Yes, you don't need high CA/PA for players to perform like World Beaters however, you won't see 20s all over the place either.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It's not really a taboo subject, it's just not many of us CA15 SIM team members are still actively around here. Blue Demon visits now and again, Patinoz and myself were SIM team (You were right Pat?) and there's probably a couple of others left.
    Course I was. Was an extremely interesting time and we spent many nights on MSN back then discussing and researching things left, right and centre. In truth, I am thankful for the insights as I had the luxury to get to know 2 systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Also the 15 from memory were err

Anticipation
    Corners
    Crossing
    Decisions
    Dribbling
    Finishing
    Heading
    Longshots
    Marking
    Movement
    Passing
    Penalties
    Positioning
    Tackling
    Vision
    Not quite but almost.

Corners isn't a CA15 att. Throw-Ins is though.

And for keepers also Handling, Reflexes and One-on-Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    There were more tests done on this subject even on this forum .

Team of 1CA/21PA beat ODB (March or previous DB) Barcelona by 30 points in league xD.

That was so funny to see .

Yes, you don't need high CA/PA for players to perform like World Beaters however, you won't see 20s all over the place either.
    Was Ruben who ran that test I think. Was good stuff.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So does this mean you can make a players physical and mental stats as high as you want and it won't effect the growth of the CA related stats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    So does this mean you can make a players physical and mental stats as high as you want and it won't effect the growth of the CA related stats?
    Pretty much, though determination plays a massive role as you play through the season, as the higher the determination, the faster the growth.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the replies mate

vCash
    Throw-ins isn't related either. One On Ones is in a weird way though for outfield players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Throw-ins isn't related either. One On Ones is in a weird way though for outfield players.
    Of course it is. CA15 was always the 14 Baz mentioned above plus throw-ins.

One-on-One is a tricky one but we didn't calculate it back then for outfield players.

vCash

316'sRegen Unattached
    Trust you Alan!

Confused me even more

vCash
    That's what happens when you handyman a player with the given Current Ability. Note the Throw Ins column...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Cool! Never tried (or seen) that before

vCash
    and if you set throw ins to 1 other atts should automatically rise

vCash
    I stand (partially) corrected. Truth is that there is only a rise in the top 20% of the players. There is in fact a drop in the lower 43% of the players. Throw Ins is very clearly not affected by Current Ability in the same way as the other attributes, so to include it (or omit One On Ones) in the generic list is misleading.

vCash
    For what it's worth there are 18 attributes with intrinsic values so I'd imagine it's where the confusion comes from. Be interesting to see Handling and Reflexes in the above table also. Probably same result as One-on-One's

Guess throw-ins gets an intrinsic value at load up and stays the same throughout the game where the others vary with changes in CA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast