Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to Know When Adding Pictures

vCash
    random pics do work mate,
    i have had pics of footballs etc showing up in the news screen before

vCash
    they are linked to something in the pic file.

if you want to add pictures just for random purposes won't work, at least i didn't get it to do

vCash
    pretty sure that i loaded and then saved the bmp in picced, then as i played the game the footballs etc i loaded would appear, i assumed they appeared when things never had a pics config link?

vCash
    probably because there was nothing linked to stadiums, competitions, players, etc.

maybe when you have even only one picture in that section that will be choosen in game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    This or the news feed be a great find, the packs are great but miss the generic football images at times.
    Asked MV about this earlier on today,
    this is what he said,

Honestly can't remember off hand .. these are the only 'valid' pic types:

{ "nations", 0, NULL },
    { "clubs", 0, NULL },
    { "stadiums", 0, NULL },
    { "comps", 0, NULL },
    { "awards", 0, NULL },
    { "staff", 0, NULL },
    { "training", 0, NULL },
    { "boardroom", 0, NULL },
    { "trophy", 0, NULL },
    { "transfer", 0, NULL },
    { "si", 0, NULL }
    But I don't think they're used on the news page in the game (would have been a good idea though).
    Hope this helps,
    Marc

vCash
    i couldn't get transfers and awards to work...

vCash
    maybe try adding your name into the pic config to get news pictures set for it?

like 1st manager name - big 2nd manager name beezer
    config - bigbeezer: news photo of your own choice

worth a try??

vCash
    world be really strange if it works that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    - when you add a picture for a stadium that is used by a national side, every other picture added to the nation won't be showed in that nation's pages, buw will just be showed to players from that nation who don't have a picture of them.

I was a little confused about this, so I looked into it.
    Not sure if any of this is new info, but figured I'd post it anyway.

If you include national team name under [CLUBS] as well, it will show that picture before it shows stadium.

Each type has a hierarchy

National team club page:
    (CLUBS,STADIUMS,NATIONS,random CLUBS)

non-National team club page:
    (CLUBS,STADIUMS,COMPS,NATIONS,random CLUBS)

Competition page:
    (COMPS,NATIONS,random COMPS)

Staff page:
    (STAFF,NATIONS,random STAFF)

not sure about match-day stadium (maybe: STADIUMS,CLUBS,COMPS,NATIONS,random STADIUMS)
    Last edited by greg; 12-07-15 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    my last post in this thread is from 29/05/14

never tried that greg, did you already test it?

vCash
    Your post had the best information on pics.cfg, I searched the forum but couldn't find much else. It does work, I stumbled on to it by accident and figured I'd post it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greg For This Useful Post:

vCash

If you use club name instead of stadium name under [STADIUMS] it will show the referenced image for home games. So, teams that share stadiums can have different stadium pics, and teams with generic stadium names like "Ataturk" can have different stadium pics.

***Edited

Sorry, this actually doesn't work. It was just taking the image from the [CLUBS] section, will delete.
    Last edited by greg; 12-07-15 at 04:08 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to greg For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post

If you use club name instead of stadium name under [STADIUMS] it will show the referenced image for home games. So, teams that share stadiums can have different stadium pics, and teams with generic stadium names like "Ataturk" can have different stadium pics.
    going to test it, would be great

vCash
    It's probably asked already before, but I can't seem to find it: is it in any way possible to add pictures to human managers, to have like your own profile pic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    It's probably asked already before, but I can't seem to find it: is it in any way possible to add pictures to human managers, to have like your own profile pic?
    never tried it... what you can do is add your human manager's name and dob in the pic.cfg file, the picture in the folder and, once the game is loaded, change your human manager's dob in game (to matche the dob in the pic file) with a savegame editor.

but i presume it won't work

vCash
    It actually works. Great:-)!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravanelli For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    It actually works. Great:-)!
    really? nice

vCash
    I have notified about this in the Dead Links Thread, but does anyone here have a copy of the RGN Converter Tool?

vCash
    Hi peepz.. I only have one question, I've put some backgrounds pictures like stadium pictures, but when I go to tactics view the picture change to anothher stadium.. how can I have the same stadium picture for the squad view, tactic view, calendar view etc. I think its something about s__stadium.RGN for stadiums, but if I put e.g: b__Porto.RGN -> i go to players os my team and shows the picture ( porto.rgn), if I put s__porto.rgn ( it shows in matchs the picture (porto.rgn), but somehow when I go to tactics shows me another stadium picture from another club, anyone knows how to fix that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelotta View Post
    Hi peepz.. I only have one question, I've put some backgrounds pictures like stadium pictures, but when I go to tactics view the picture change to anothher stadium.. how can I have the same stadium picture for the squad view, tactic view, calendar view etc. I think its something about s__stadium.RGN for stadiums, but if I put e.g: b__Porto.RGN -> i go to players os my team and shows the picture ( porto.rgn), if I put s__porto.rgn ( it shows in matchs the picture (porto.rgn), but somehow when I go to tactics shows me another stadium picture from another club, anyone knows how to fix that?
    Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think the tactics screen automatically displays the stadium pic of your next fixture coming up. So if you're playing at home it will be yours but for instance if you were playing Man Utd away in the champions league and you go to tweak your tactics - Old Trafford will be in the background if there's a stadium pic in your Pictures folder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think the tactics screen automatically displays the stadium pic of your next fixture coming up. So if you're playing at home it will be yours but for instance if you were playing Man Utd away in the champions league and you go to tweak your tactics - Old Trafford will be in the background if there's a stadium pic in your Pictures folder.
    I see.. I thought I could stop that in tactics view and put the same picture, but it makes sense if changes in away games when the game takes place.. Thanks man!

vCash
    Hello

I am new to the forum and need some help.

When i add pictures in the pics.cfg they all show in the rigth place but in the news screen the piscs appear randomly. Its annoying when in the news screen appear a flag then a face, etc. Is there a way to limit the random pics to a specific group?

In some facepacks i downloaded, the pics are named with some codes (like b__***.RGN or @***.RGN) this influence something in the file?

sorry about my english

vCash
    I noticed that in Milo´s pack there is in the pics.cfg a entry : Worst Player of the world. Anyone knows whats that for?

vCash
    I think i figured out a way to do this. If you want a pic or pics in every other screen not specified in the pics.cfg then do the follow:

a: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
    A: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
    b: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
    B: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
    etc
    etc

I think the game, when the pics.cfg file dont say nothing about a screen, try to find a pic in a similar entry. If you put pics under all the letters and numbers, those will appear in every screen not specified in the categories. You must do this in every [], clubs, nations, staff, etc because some screens will be linked to staff (i think the player search) and other to the rest.

I tried to use simbols to as entries but some gave weird effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12