Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things to Know When Adding Pictures

vCash

Things to Know When Adding Pictures

while creating my megapack i've realized a few things about adding backgrounds to the game, i will post them here in order to help anyone who would like to do the same in the future and/or to be corrected if i'm saying something wrong.

- when you add a picture for a stadium that is used by a national side, every other picture added to the nation won't be showed in that nation's pages, buw will just be showed to players from that nation who don't have a picture of them.

- the note about competition written in pic file (# NOTE: {} denotes pictures to display when comp is won) is not working, i tried many ways but nothing is showed when you use {}.

- some multiple divisions (for example turkish 2.division category B) that have different groups at the same level can't have a picture, neither if you set one picture each for every group, nor if you use a single picture for the whole division.

- fifa ranking (uses a random nation's picture), uefa coefficient (uses champions league's picture), world cup awards (uses world cup pictures) and world cup qualifyings (uses world cup pictures) can't have a related picture.

- transfers section in pic file can't be linked to a part of the game.

- trophy section pictures are those showed in history window every team has.

any feedback appreciated

vCash
    Thanks for this info Milo.

I myself, have been trying to add a specific background when the News screen is shown, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried to add a News category to the Pics file using Notepad but this doesn't seem to work.

vCash
    i also tried something like that for fifa rankings & euro coefficient and also for club info but nothing works.
    probably those windows have a particular name in the game exe and in my opinion you need to use just that name in the pic file to make it work

vCash
    Did u manage to get a background for friendlies?

vCash
    yes, like this:

Friendly: xxx.RGN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    yes, like this:

Friendly: xxx.RGN
    I know that bit. Did you put it in the competitions bit? maybe it is just an issue with 0001.

vCash
    yes in competitions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gavo01 View Post
    Thanks for this info Milo.

I myself, have been trying to add a specific background when the News screen is shown, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried to add a News category to the Pics file using Notepad but this doesn't seem to work.
    Excuse me, have you or anyone else figured this out? I also wanted to add a specific background to the News screen... Thanks

vCash
    I have a question, when writing the pics.cfg what do you do if you have 2 stadiums with the same name, but in different cities or should I put them under the club name instead of the stadium name

vCash
    if you put them under the club name the picture will be showed in the club page, not during a match like other stadiums.

there is nothing you can do, that picture will be showed for all the stadium with that name

vCash
    how do you add your own photos?

vCash
    Mainly by witchcraft

vCash
    so if a Nation has a stadium pic set then that is the only thing that shows for that country??
    no flag will show if you have put in it with the country?
    poor show that.

vCash
    what if you just have the flag set, will the stadium they show at still show up when they play international games? and the flag at the squad screens?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    what if you just have the flag set, will the stadium they show at still show up when they play international games? and the flag at the squad screens?
    no

you have to choose, whether the stadium or the flag...

vCash
    surely if you put a flag in, that won't show when they are playing at a stadium that is in game?

vCash
    if you set no picture for the stadium but you have a flag for the nation, when you play at that stadium you will be shown the competition's picture (e.g. friendly, world cup, etc.)

vCash
    this is a huge flaw then,
    and total pish.

the only nation flags that are gonna show up are the shitty little nations without stadium pics then.
    no point in adding flags etc for more well know countries.

i fucking hate this game sometimes........

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BeezerCeltic1967 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    sent marc vaughan a email about this milo,

here is the reply,

It sounds like a bug - however you can easily work around it most likely by creating a second stadium and then using that exclusively for the national stadium (ie. two "bernabau" stadiums).
    I can't recall quite how we matched up stadiums in that version - I've a sneaking suspicion it was the 'raw names' - if so try putting a space at the end (it'll be invisible) to differentiate between the two.

Hope this helps,

Marc

vCash
    you can have a test to see if it works

vCash
    It will work m8
    Just need to create the other stads and leave a space at the end of them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BeezerCeltic1967 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How do you get a picture to show up randomly in champ?
    Just add it in piced but don't give it a config?

vCash
    This or the news feed be a great find, the packs are great but miss the generic football images at times.

vCash
    i think you just add them in the picced tbh, then they just show up as random,
    same as players pictures when their DOB is not valid anmymore and doesn't match when we roll the DB, they still show up but it's random and not on the player.
    I have added pictures before and wanted them to be randon, pretty sure i just added them in the picced but never game them a config, sure that's how it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

will pics that dont have a config, or match their config [as a result of a DB roll] not just show up in the news screen?

vCash
    in my pack there are 2-3 pictures (the @ ones) linked to nothing in the pic file but they aren't showed in game.

i just put them in to be randomly assigned but looks like that doesn't work at all... so i have no answers to you mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast