Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] The World of Football Management - Chapter 1 - Wheeling and Dealing

vCash
    Guiseley don't need Senior, they're bound to get a load of quality regens!

Not tempted to go 3 at the back with so many centre backs?

vCash
    Haha, I do remember then getting loads of regens on the ODB.

Hmm, never really been keen on 3 at the back tbh. We'll see how it goes
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

316'sRegen Unattached
    That Lee Sinnot was a nice guy, I wonder if they could Kudiersky?

vCash
    Great story Mark , a good read this

vCash
    Thanks mate glad you like it - I've had a break from writing stories for a while so it's refreshed my imagination
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    That Lee Sinnot was a nice guy, I wonder if they could Kudiersky?
    That's why I advised the duo to get on to him first - Let's see if he'll take him
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    "Yeah mate, it went OK, I think.... Yeah, everyone's been sound.... Yeah, I'm OK, I've calmed down now haha.... Not sure yet, I don't think there's any friendlies lined up.... Yeah, definitely. I'll get you tickets.... Yeah, OK mate, speak to you soon."

That was my cousin on the phone, asking how I've been getting on. He's gone back down to Devon now but says he'll come back up to watch the first game. He asked about friendlies at first but we haven't got any lined up, I've been too busy focusing on other stuff that it completely slipped my mind. The phone rang again.

"Mark, it's Dave. Listen, I know you said that you were after young players but I've just been on the phone to a few agents who reckon that a few players may be interested in joining us. Do you remember Roberto Baronio....?"

"Lazio?"

"Yep, used to play for them. He's on a free and would be a cracking first signing for you, don't you think? Just think of the wealth of experience he'll have and he's 33, not all that old!"

"Wow, yeah. See if he'll come without a fee then!"

Will Roberto Baronio be gracing the pitch of The Impact Arena?

"I will do. There's a couple of others as well. Paul Furlong and Gunther Neukirchner. I know Paul is ancient but he'd be interested in a player coach role so I thought you'd be interested. Gunter played for Austria and he's old as well but can play in defence and midfield... I think he'll be a good coach as well."

"Ok... That's three old players though, I did say youngsters..."

"I know, I know but making them player coach would be benficial, don't you think?"

"OK, I'll have a think about it but in the meantime, you see what terms they want. Remember to stay within budget. If they're not interested, look elsewhere."

"Understood, see ya!"

He was right in a way. All three have a wealth of experience that would surely be handy at a Conference level and imagine having a one-time Italian international at Alfreton Town?! That'd pull in the fans, alright! Furling is 42 and Neukirchner is 39 but they'd still offer something for a year as well as coaching. Yeah, I'll take all three if they'll come!
    Last edited by Mark; 28-01-13 at 04:39 PM.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash

Surely nothing left in the tank.. not even a season..

vCash
    It'll be more for his coaching
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    "Hi Mark, Dave here. Do you want the good news or the bad news?"

"Erm... Get the bad news out the way first!"

"Right. I'm afraid Roberto has decided to go elsewhere. Croatia to be exact... He's joined Varazdin."

"Buggar. So much for the first signing being a big name...."

"Yeah but the good news is that Paul and Gunther are both interested and will sign on the dotted line for free! Both of them will also help with coaching duties as well!"

Gunther Neukirchner and Paul Furlong are Alfreton Town's first signings of the season as player coaches

"That's great! Furlong might not have much to offer on the pitch but that doesn't matter. I have plans for Gunther as well, especially with Wilson being such a prick."

"Wilson?"

"Yeah, Matt Wilson. Thought you guys said he's a real leader? He's decided he wants to move on so I've told Wayne that he's not wanted here anymore. It's like he said, we don't do prima donna's."

"That's a shame, he was good for us last season."

"Well, that was then. This is now.... Anything else?"

"Yep, I've found us a few youngsters. Some of them are from the school round the corner actually, good for publicity! Five players altogether. There's Corey Barnes who is a central midfielder, Aaron King who's an attacking midfielder, Cameron Lancaster who's a striker, Aaron Waters who is a left back and Harry Milton who's a centre-back!"

"Another centre-back? Not sure that's necessary..."

"Nah, but he's only 19. Actually, Aaron King has gone to Darlington! Just read it in the paper, that's a shame...."

"Right, well. No point beating about the bush - Get them all in!"

So Paul Furlong and Gunther Neukirchner had signed up as player coaches while we may have four new young faces also added to the squad. Not bad for a week's work. It's just a shame that Wilson had decided to move on, he'd come into my office on the third day and said that he wants to test himself at a higher level. As soon as he said that, I said OK and told him to get out of my office. No point in trying to persuade players to stay if they don't want to be here - Besides, if we can get some money in for him then it'll help our finances.
    The Alphabet Game #3

316'sRegen Unattached
    Starting to find your authoritative voice

vCash
    Paul Furlong?

May as well buy the retirement home!

vCash
    Cameron Lancaster...

Striker...

Is that him from Spurs?

Right player....

vCash
    "Not you, as well?! What the hell is wrong with you greedy bastards?! Get the fuck out of here!"

The big game was just three days away and Anton Brown had just been kicked out of my office after expressing a desire to sign for a bigger club. I'd already flogged Matt Wilson to Torquay for 100k which delighted Wayne Bradley and co but I was gutted inside. He was a versatile player and now Anton Brown, one of the players that I planned to build the team around wanted out too.

Anton Brown could soon be following Matt Wilson out of the door

Before being dealt the blow by Brown, I had believed that the preparations for the new season were going well. Other than Nathan Arnold with his broken foot, everyone was looking sharp as although we didn't play any friendlies, we instead held practice games out on the pitch every two days with training sessions in between. When Paul and Gunther arrived, Russ and Steve weren't happy but after re-assuring them of their futures at the club, the four now seemed to get along well.

We held a meeting to discuss tactics and I put across my ideas to them in order for them to implement them on the players at training. My ideas were simple, I wanted to build our team from the back, keeping things tight and playing the balls out on the flanks as often as possible. It was kind of based on the way Jose Mourinho would employ his players during his Chelsea days where you'd have the back four being protected by Claude Makelele. Then you had a Frank Lampard player in the middle of the park and three attacking midfielders like Damien Duff, Arjen Robben and Joe Cole followed by the main striker like Didier Drogba. Of course, the difference between the Chelsea players and these players was phenomenal but there's no reason why we can't adopt the same sort of style in our play.

So training had been going well and we'd also managed to add to our squad thanks to Dave's scouting. As mentioned before - Aaron Waters, Cameron Lancaster, Harry Milton and Corey Barnes had all signed up on part-time contracts and had been looking raw but very keen on the pitch.

Before you knew it, it was match day!

Alfreton Town vs Mansfield Town

I was feeling as sick as a parrot as I dallied around at The Impact Arena in the morning of the game. Every sound I heard, I jumped and I kept going through these horrible images in my head of every way things could go wrong today. Mansfield Town were a decent side and I just couldn't help feeling lost.

Around 1:00pm, I was greeted by the sight of my cousin, Gemma, my sister and both of my parents walking into reception. I'd laid on match tickets for all of them but didn't know if they were coming or not.

"Hello, son! Didn't think we'd miss your big day, did you?" said my mum as she pecked us on the cheek whilst my dad and my cousin shook my hand.

"Alright, babes?" said Gemma. I must have looked as white as a sheet as she gave me a kiss and a hug. "It'll be OK, don't worry..." she whispered into my ear.

"Going to give us a tour, lad?" asked my dad.

"Sure - Listen, I'm glad you're all here. It means a lot to me. I'll take you round the place then I'll show you to your seats."

So I took them on something of a mini-tour, showing them through reception into my office and the physiotherapist's room. There wasn't a great deal to show them give that it was such a small ground so before long I took them out onto the pitch through the tunnel and then sent them to their seats with their words of good luck ringing in my ears. It was time to get into the changing rooms and name the team.

"OK lads... Here we go...."

I sprung a couple of surprises in the starting line-up. Namely selecting Joe Day as the goalkeeper, including Anton Brown despite him wanting away from the club and selecting Nathan Jarman ahead of Jake Moult. There wasn't even room in the squad for Louis Moult. There were also surprise debuts in store for Aaron Waters and Corey Barnes after I'd been impressed by their efforts in training. The only position I'd been unsure about was attacking midfield as we didn't have one due to missing out on Aaron King. So I asked Drewe Broughton to play behind Paul Clayton while I continued the search in the transfer market. 27 year old left winger Jordan Hall was named as captain.

Joe Day - 1 - Alan Marriott
    Josh Law - 2 - Luke O'Neill
    Aaron Waters - 3 - Marcus Kelly
    Connor Franklin - 4 - John Dempster
    Leigh Franks - 5 - John Thompson (c)
    Anton Brown - 6 - Jonathan Worthington
    Nathan Jarman - 7 - Matt Green
    Corey Barnes - 8 - Gary Roberts
    Drewe Broughton - 9 - Ben Hutchinson
    Paul Clayton - 10 - Ross Dyer
    Jordan Hall (c) - 11 - Lindon Meikle
    ----------
    Adie Hawes - 12 - Ritchie Sutton
    Dan Lowson - 13 - Michael Price
    Paul Furlong - 14 - Louis Briscoe
    Nicky Deverdics - 15 - Paul Connor
    Jake Moult - 16 - Exodus Geohagon

I'd positioned the family behind us in the dug-out so I could see them all looking on proudly as the players were getting ready for kick-off.

"Good luck, Mark."

"Thanks, Paul. Good luck to you too, hope it's a good game."

Paul Cox, Mansfield's manager had come over to shake hands before the game got underway.

The first half was relatively quiet from our point of view as John Dempster was booked for Mansfield after just two minutes. Each time we ventured into their half, Mansfield were wise to it and robbed us of the ball. They were also forced into a change as Meikle seemed to pick up an injury and Louis Briscoe was sent on in his place.

Joe Day was being kept busy between the sticks as Ross Dyer, Marcus Kelly and Matt Green in particular were threatening to score. I was grateful to reach the halfway mark with the score set at 0-0.

"Alright lads, we're doing OK out there. Joe and the defence are keeping us in this game but we need to starting taking control in midfield. Anton, your head may be elsewhere but I need you to start focusing on the TODAY. Close their number 7 (Green) down more and try to break up their play."

"Mark's right lads and every time we go into their half, we're struggling to keep hold of the ball. It's as though we're nervous out there. Just hold it up and look for your nearest man. Just remember, keep it simple!" said Paul Furlong.

"Come on boys, we're still in this game!" shouted Russ O'Neill.

We went back out on the pitch and the difference in the side was instanteous, we were looking comfortable on the ball and started to attack the Mansfield box. On the 54th minute, Clayton worked well with Broughton who brought the ball down for Hall. The captain then centred the ball into the box where the on-running Jarman met it with a fine header to put Alfreton ahead!

I celebrated wildly on the touchline, turning around to the family in the stands and holding two arms aloft!

Nathan Jarman bags the first goal of my career

14 minutes later, we doubled the advantage as Corey Barnes, who'd been having a great game in the middle of the park raced into the box to beat his man to the ball and put it past Alan Marriott and into the net! A great debut goal and this time I celebrated with Russ and Steve Chandler on the touchline.

There was only 1,499 fans in the ground but it felt like 50,000 fans were singing my name after that goal went in. A fantastic thing to hear.

Two minutes later, we scored a third! Or so we thought as Paul Clayton got free in the penalty area and scored only for the linesman to flag him offside! I was fuming with the decision as it looked onside to me and it would have killed off any hopes of a comeback for Mansfield.

Both sides made a change at the same time as I took off Drewe Broughton and sent on Paul Furlong, telling Paul Clayton to drop back to allow Furlong to act as the main striker. Paul Cox also took off his striker Ross Dyer and sent on Paul Connor.

Sure enough, that seemed to give the Mansfield players a kick up the backside as Paul Connor with his first touch of the game hit a pass from Luke O'Neill first time and scored. Perhaps we'd been a bit complacent to give the goal away but I was still ranting at the fourth official for ruling the goal out from Clayton earlier.

Mansfield were then going for the equaliser as Joe Day was the target of a bombardment with Briscoe, Hutchinson and Connor all coming close. We also had time for Jordan Hall clip the post with a header before the referee finally blew for full-time!

After shaking hands with Paul Cox, I went out onto the pitch to acknowledge the support of the fans and pointed my finger at the family for supporting me. What an exhilarating moment! As I walked off the pitch and into the tunnel, Wayne and Amy Bradley were waiting for me.

"Mark, absolutely fantastic! I knew you'd do well! Nice bit of business with Matt Wilson by the way, that's the ticket..." said Wayne.

"I'm impressed, Mark. You did well out there today." smiled Amy with a glint in her eye.

I thanked them both and went into the changing rooms to congratulate the players before getting my stuff to meet the family in reception. The result left us 5th in the table and I believe it called for a celebration!
    Last edited by Mark; 28-01-13 at 04:43 PM.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Cameron Lancaster...

Striker...

Is that him from Spurs?

Right player....
    Just searched and it is indeed the Spurs man!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Great start mate!

vCash
    Get in there my son...

Definitely a Blowie on the way from that slut Amy....

vCash
    Mmmmmm, Amy.... I mean, Gemma!

Wise words from Paul Furlong at half-time He even got a 19 minute run out
    Last edited by Mark; 28-01-13 at 04:43 PM.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Get in there my son...

Definitely a Blowie on the way from that slut Amy....

HEY! She's a nice lady!

vCash
    I think Furlong was the reason u won really..

U need to be careful. Player Coach, cud become fan favourite, could have his eyes on your position...

vCash
    I'll watch my back :devilish:
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Player Feature - Aaron Waters

Aaron, thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. It's great to have you here.

"No worries."

Before we get started, tell us a little about yourself. Where have you come from and how did you come about playing for us?

"Well, I started out with Spurs and QPR and signed a professional contract with QPR but never really managed to break through there. Since then, I've been at East Thurrock but found myself released last year and now here I am."

The manager handed you your debut against Mansfield, were you surprised

"I was at first because I'm only 19 but then Matt Wilson was sold and that just left me and Greg Young as the left-back's. I did expect Greg to start but I'm not complaining!"

Neither are we as you put in an excellent performance and a debut to remember, I'm sure

"It'll definitely live with me for the rest of my life and you know, the lads did really well to put in a real team performance against Mansfield. I thought Corey especially was superb."

Paul Furlong also joined the club this summer as a player-coach. Did you have anything to do with him at QPR?

"No, the first team and youths used to train separately at QPR but I remember the presence that he gave off around the place. He still gives that presence off now and the halftime teamtalk that he gave really gave us a lift for the second half."

Fantastic - We're up against Kettering already just 3 days after playing Mansfield. Do you think the players will recover in time for it?

"I'm sure whoever is selected will give their all on the day. I think there's 30 (exactly) players in the squad so that's an advantage that the manager has."

Great, well that's all we've got time for today. Thanks very much, Aaron and good luck on Tuesday

"Cheers"
    Last edited by Mark; 08-03-12 at 04:19 PM.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    It was the day of our first away game of the season at Kettering and I was getting nervous again. But not in the same way as the previous match but because I was desperate to get a proper attacking midfielder signed up in time for the match. Drewe Broughton had done a decent job but he was a natural striker and playing there was just a temporary measure. I had to phone Dave...

"Dave... What's the crack with your scouting mate? I said before the Mansfield game that we needed someone in ASAP."

"Don't you worry, Mark. I've been speaking to the parents of two lads who are acting as their agents. They are this close to signing (presumably he was making a gesture which I couldn't see, muppet)... One came through at Rangers, the other at Grimsby and they can both play on the flanks as well."

"You reckon you can get them signed up in time for the game? We need to have them registered with the FA by 1pm, it's already 11.40am."

"Yes, yes. I'm working on it - Once they sign on the dotted line, I'll drive them myself to Kettering!"

"Legend - Nice one, Dave. See you later... Hopefully!"

True enough, five hours later as we pulled up outside Nene Park - There was Dave with both lads on either side of him.

"Dave, you beauty! Evening lads, great to have you on board. Which is which?"

"I'm Josh Fuller. This is Robbie Crawford."

"Brilliant - Well, go get yourself acquainted with the lads. I'm putting you both in the squad for this game so I hope you brought your boots!"

"Sure did, gaff." said Robbie.

"They are good lads, Mark. I think we've made a couple of cracking signings there." said Dave.

I shook hands with him and headed for the changing room. It was time to name the side again and this time I was going to make four changes to the starting line-up.

"Chaps, chaps. Listen up. Here's the team for today. I've noticed a few of you are looking jaded after putting in a phenomenal effort against Mansfield so I'm chopping and changing a bit. We've got Greg Young coming in for Aaron at left-back. I'm going rest Corey as well after he worked his bollocks off so Nicky Deverdics is playing in the middle. Drewe will also be moving up front so Paul is on the bench. Lads, let me all introduce you to Josh and Robbie here. Josh is going to be playing behind the striker and Robbie is going to be playing on the left so Jordan has a break too. Greg, the armband is yours" I said as I tossed it towards him.

Ayden Duffy - 1 - Joe Day
    Phil Ifil - 2 - Josh Law
    Tom Williams - 3 - Greg Young (c)
    Sol Davis - 4 - Connor Franklin
    Jerel Ifil - 5 - Leigh Franks
    Ashley Westwood (c) - 6 - Anton Brown
    David Bridges - 7 - Nathan Jarman
    Patrick Noubissie - 8 - Nicky Deverdics
    Adam Cunnington - 9 - Josh Fuller
    Danny Mills - 10 - Drewe Broughton
    Steven Meechan - 11 - Robbie Crawford
    ----------
    Robbie Dance - 12 - Adie Hawes
    Aldi Haxhia - 13 - Dan Lowson
    Jake Thomson - 14 - Paul Clayton
    Akwasi Fobi-Edusei - 15 - Jake Moult
    Mark Peters - 16 - Jamie Mullan

If any of the players weren't happy about being dropped, they didn't show it as the players rallied each other before heading out onto the pitch. I was aware that both the new young lads hadn't trained with the players yet and yes, it would have been useful if they had but at the end of the day, they are all speaking the same language on that football pitch.

I didn't get a chance to wish the Kettering manager good luck as he was already on the pitch as he was actually player-manager. Ashley Westwood also took it upon himself to be the captain. I shouted Greg to pass on a good luck message to him when they shook hands before the toss of the coin.

In the last game, it was Mansfield who dominated but this time, it was us who were the quicker out of the blocks. After Joe Day had pulled off a great one handed save, we went on the attack and it was Anton Brown's lofted cross which was met with a sweet volley by Robbie Crawford which flew into the net. 20 minutes for him to make a scoring debut! Dave was right, he did look a player!

Man of the hour - Robbie Crawford

Kettering only managed 3 shots all game which Joe Day dealt with comfortably but it was in fact ourselves who dominated the entire game. How we didn't add to our tally, I'll never know as Nathan, Drewe, Josh, Anton and Connor all had a go at goal.

When the full-time whistle blew, I went out onto the pitch to shake Westwood's hand.

"Good game, Ashley. I think you've got yourself a very good goalkeeper there."

"Aye, it was his first game for us - He didn't do too bad!"

In fact, Ayden Duffy snagged the Man of the Match award for his performance where he'd kept 9 shots by our players at bay. I was delighted that the lads not only won but also kept a clean sheet. I'd even managed to give Adie Hawes, Paul Clayton and Jamie Mullan a run out in the final 10 minutes which will hopefully keep more legs fresh for the next game. We were now an astonishing 3rd in the table!

Statto Watch!
    Av R - Apps - Gls - Assts - MoM
    ------------------------------------------
    Corey Barnes - 8.00 - 1(0) - 1 - 0 -1
    Joe Day - 8.00 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Aaron Waters - 8.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Greg Young - 8.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Anton Brown - 7.50 - 2(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Connor Franklin - 7.50 - 2(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Nathan Jarman - 7.50 - 2(0) - 1 - 0 - 0
    Drewe Broughton - 7.00 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Robbie Crawford - 7.00 - 1(0) - 1 - 0 - 0
    Nicky Deverdics - 7.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Leigh Franks - 7.00 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Jordan Hall - 7.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Adie Hawes - 7.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Paul Clayton - 6.50 - 1(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Josh Law - 6.50 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Josh Fuller - 6.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Paul Furlong - 6.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Jamie Mullan - 6.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0

I cornered Dave after the game and congratulated him on finding Robbie Crawford. Josh Fuller didn't have a great impact on the game but he'll get time to settle in. In the meantime, we had four days until the next match and I was now desperate for a right-back.

"Josh Law didn't have a good game today and he's the only right-back we've got. We need to get another man in sharp-ish, maybe even two."

"Understood!"
    Last edited by Mark; 12-03-12 at 03:22 PM.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Flying. Great new signings...

vCash
    Alfreton Chad

Alfreton Town boss Mark Henderson has once again taken the hard line with one of his wantaway players. Reports have circulated that Adie Hawes been placed on the transfer list since informing his manager that he wishes to leave The Impact Arena.

The Reds manager has confirmed reports, indicating that "there is no room for prima donnas at this football club. I've said this numerous times now and the chairman has backed me all the way."

It seems a bizarre decision to make for Adie Hawes given that Henderson himself recalled him early from a loan spell at Altrincham in order for him to fight for a first team spot. He's gone from a non-league side to a Conference side and now he wants to move on "upwards".

Local Alfreton fan known as "Dermotron" believes that Henderson is doing the right thing. "From what we've seen so far of the new manager, he's going about things the right way. We're all impressed with the start that he's had and he has our full support in whatever he does".

Meanwhile, the manager has confirmed his disappointment that a new signing had not been registered in time to face Luton Town. "We had our eye on a new right-back to give Josh a break in this game but unfortunately, we didn't fax the paperwork to the FA in time."

As a result, Henderson had no option but to employ Law at right-back once again but he had bigger problems. Does he recall the players who were rested after Mansfield or stick with those that did so well against Kettering? In the end, he made four changes as Aaron Waters was recalled to left-back with Greg Young shifting in the middle at the expense of Leigh Franks. In midfield, Corey Barnes was back in the middle whilst Jordan Hall returns to the left wing although Young keeps the armband. Josh Fuller drops to the bench and Robbie Crawford moves into the middle behind Broughton.

-----------------------------

Joe Day - 1 - Mark Tyler
    Josh Law - 2 - Ed Asafu-Adjaye
    Aaron Waters - 3 - Warren Cummings (c)
    Greg Young (c) - 4 - Matthew Marsh
    Connor Franklin - 5 - Dean Beckwith
    Anton Brown - 6 - George Pilkington
    Nathan Jarman - 7 - Adam Watkins
    Corey Barnes - 8 - Paul Carden
    Robbie Crawford - 9 - Amari Morgan-Smith
    Drewe Broughton - 10 - Stuart Fleetwood
    Jordan Hall - 11 - Keith Keane
    ----------
    Leigh Franks - 12 - Andre Boucaud
    Dan Lowson - 13 - Lewis Kidd
    Paul Clayton - 14 - Greg Taylor
    Nicky Deverdics - 15 - James Dance
    Josh Fuller - 16 - Alex Lawless

The honeymoon period for Mark Henderson was over as two first half strikes by Luton sealed the win for Gary Brabin's men at The Impact Arena. Amari Morgan-Smith pounced after 12 minutes to give the visitors the lead and shortly afterwards, Stuart Fleetwood doubled the lead with his 3rd goal in as many games.

Luton's Stuart Fleetwood; A man in form

In all fairness to Henderson's boys, they were unlucky not to at least take a point despite Corey Barnes's effort in the 74th minute which made it 1-2. They were clearly the better side on the day but the result failed to reflect that as Alfreton slip to 6th in the table.

Statto Watch!
    Av R - Apps - Gls - Assts - MoM
    ------------------------------------------
    Corey Barnes - 8.00 - 2(0) - 2 - 0 - 2
    Anton Brown - 7.67 - 3(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Aaron Waters - 7.50 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Nathan Jarman - 7.33 - 3(0) - 1 - 0 - 0
    Robbie Crawford - 7.00 - 2(0) - 1 - 0 - 0
    Joe Day - 7.00 - 3(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Nicky Deverdics - 7.00 - 1(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Connor Franklin - 7.00 - 3(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Leigh Franks - 7.00 - 2(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Jordan Hall - 7.00 - 2(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Adie Hawes - 7.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Josh Law - 7.00 - 3(0) - 0 - 1 - 0
    Greg Young - 7.00 - 2(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Drewe Broughton - 6.67 - 3(0) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Paul Clayton - 6.67 - 1(2) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Josh Fuller - 6.00 - 1(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Paul Furlong - 6.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    Jamie Mullan - 6.00 - 0(1) - 0 - 0 - 0
    The Alphabet Game #3

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast