Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

vCash
    Cena, Taker, Jericho, Sheamus, Team Johnny, Cody, Orton and Team Kelly all to win. So here's my break down.

Cena has to go over Rocky, as there's no way on earth you can have your top guy get pinned at the main event of the biggest show in the year to a guy that'll be gone for another 3/4 months doing another movie. If they have a rematch at Summerslam then yeah have Rock go over but it's bad business sense to have him go over at Mania, plus a potential heel run for Cena could be awesome.

Taker over HHH in the third match they have at Mania! They had to put HBK in just to put that ounce of doubt in peoples minds, but it's kind of obvious HBK will in some way cost HHH the match, either Taker won't stay down and HHH makes HBK snap and bam SCM or HBK will accidentally cost HHH the match.

Jericho over Punk purely because Punks had the title for a while now, and i'm sure Jericho has a guaranteed title run in his short term contract, then add to that the there being face winners in the other main events, you need a heel winner.

Sheamus over Bryan in a match that's had zero build up, and the fact AJ will get involved, so it's a possibility Bryan will retain via DQ so they can settle it at Extreme Rules.

Team Johnny is going over Team Long purely because we need a heel in charge, it's just one of those things. A new GM will get put on SD before long anyway, so the dual control won't last too long.

Cody over Show is pretty simple. WWE want the longest IC reign off the Honky Tonk Man, and Cody is getting there. Show is useless and has a poor record at Mania, and Cody is on the slow burner to a World Title shot.

Orton over Kane because Orton is owed a feud victory after putting over Henry and Barrett, thus killing the masked Kane completely in two feuds, but that's another side note.

Kelly and Maria will win purely because the 'Celebrity' never looses.

As for Mania 29, i'd love it to be announced as Cena vs Taker, as that's all that's left for Taker at Mania, and what better way for the curtain to come down on a career than passing the torch completely to Cena. As much as i'd like that to happen I still believe Taker will quit at 20-0 after this year, even more so with Mrs Taker having a baby. So my second choice would be CM Punk vs Rock, as that would just be amazing, however I believe we'll get for the trillionth time HHH vs HBK, even though HBK should be as good as his word and should stay retired after loosing to Taker.

vCash
    That's why I said before these rumours of HBK v HHH, I couldn't see him screwing anyone as it can only mean a match and I didn't think he'd come out of retirement. Looks like I could be wrong on that one.

Agree Cody retains, but the way it's been set up, highlighting Big Show's failings at past WM's, a Big Show win via DQ is the only method that satisfies both.

Extreme Rules is in Chicago apparently, so sets it up nicely for Jericho to win tonight and Punk to win it back then.

Lesnar and Batista both in Miami as well apparently

vCash
    If you smellllllllllalalalalalalala....... what the Rock....... is cookin

vCash
    First time in years i'm actually interested in seeing a Wrestlemania......... might have to *ahem* downrent it tomorrow night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    First time in years i'm actually interested in seeing a Wrestlemania......... might have to *ahem* downrent it tomorrow night
    Ditto, i've refused to pay for any wrestling for a long time, sky are just ripping us off with the prices they charge. Granted we get it cheaper than America but still

As for Lesnar and Batista, any chance of them being April Fools?

vCash
    Possibly so, but I think Brock is done with UFC, and there's been reports for a couple weeks he's been in talks about coming back. Batista was only rumoured today so that's probably more likely, and I can't see him coming back.

Not a chance I'll be paying out either, won't be watching it live so will try and find it on the net tomorrow night when home from work.

Watching WM 17 now, really shows how bad todays product is

vCash
    They're rumouring Lesnar vs Taker for next years Mania Sod that, if Taker can go for one more Mania make it Cena vs Taker, everyone wants to see that!

vCash
    When are The Bushwhackers making a comeback?

vCash
    I think one might be dead now mate, although I could be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I think one might be dead now mate, although I could be wrong.
    Nope both Luke and Butch are alive very retired though.

vCash
    Glad to hear, unfortunately nowadays if anyone asks you about a past wrestler, there's a fair chance they are no longer with us.

They're just about to take part in gimmick battle royal on Wrestlemania X7 as well

vCash
    can't and never have been able to watch this pile of pish.
    my mate who is fecking 35 loves it........
    i can mind when sky first started showing it, [im sure it was sky?] people would all go to his house to watch it i much preferred kicking my football about
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Glad to hear, unfortunately nowadays if anyone asks you about a past wrestler, there's a fair chance they are no longer with us.

They're just about to take part in gimmick battle royal on Wrestlemania X7 as well
    I remember a Royal Rumble one year where one of the Bushwhackers came in one side of the ring and got thrown straight out the other side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I remember a Royal Rumble one year where one of the Bushwhackers came in one side of the ring and got thrown straight out the other side
    In 4 seconds flat Santino beat that record though Also the Warlord did something similar in one of the first ever rumbles!

vCash
    Just ordered it Wrestlemania WWWYKI

316'sRegen Unattached
    www.firstrowsports.eu

that's where i'll be watching it. I love this shit.

316'sRegen Unattached
    he cometh, he layeth the smack down on your candy asses.

what a great show

vCash
    Total cluster fuck booking from the WWE. Rock going over only means they'll be having a rematch where Cena wins, it's the only way as you can't have your top man loose to a guy that's going to be gone for the next 3/4 months. Then having your WHC loose in 18 seconds, and having your brightest young star job to a big oaf, what are they doing?

At least Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho semi saved the day.

vCash
    I thought it was a brilliant wrestlemania ... So glad the Rock won

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    can't and never have been able to watch this pile of pish.
    my mate who is fecking 35 loves it........
    i can mind when sky first started showing it, [im sure it was sky?] people would all go to his house to watch it i much preferred kicking my football about
    It's more an appreciation for what they put their bodies through as well as the drama. Everyone loves a comeback and WWE has loads of them.

vCash
    BROCK IS BACK BITCHES!

vCash
    I watched part of wrestlemania today and wasnt over impressed with it. Taker

vCash
    Just watched Mania again. Thoughts;

World Heavyweight Championship match: Daniel Bryan(c) vs. Sheamus
    Was actually looking forward to this. Really wanted Bryan to retain because:
    (a) AJ is a babe! (b) "YES YES YES
    Crappy idea and really thought WM would be terrible if this was a sign of things to come. Couldn't care less about Sheamus.

Kane vs. Orton.
    Great chokeslam to finish off the match. Actually a good match and Kane IS underrated. For his size he is a good wrestler with a decent repertoire of moves.

Intercontinental Championship. Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Big Show
    Less said about this the better. A punch is not a finisher.

Divas Tag Match. Beth Phoenix & Eve vs. Kelly Kelly vs. Maria Menounos
    Aye, ok.

Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell In A Cell (Shawn Michaels referee).
    Awesome to see JR doing analysis. Drama was amazing. Watched this with 3 other wrestling fans and 4 people who had no interest in WWE. Safe to say all 8 of us were on edge of our seats. Gripping stuff, Undertaker is the greatest ever! FACT!

Team Johnny (Otunga, Miz, Henry, Ziggler, Swagger and McIntyre) vs. Team Teddy (Marella, Ryder, Kingston, Khali, Truth and Booker)
    Glad Team Jonny won. Ziggler should be WHC and Ryder is an idiot.

WWE Championship: CM Punk(c) vs. Chris Jericho
    I think people were still in shock from HHH - Taker. Not a big fan of tap out finishes unless theres more drama involved. (E.G last years taker - HHH) Still a good match overall.

John Cena vs. The Rock.
    Dare I say Cena carried The Rock.

Overall: Great crowd, some v good matches and well worth the money.

YES YES YES YES!

And finally, BRROOOOCCCKKK!

vCash
    Only watched youtube highlights so far but the HHH v Taker match looked immense from the highlights.
    I could imagine being on the edge of my seat at what would have been about 2:30am trying to stifle my shouts each time someone kicked out!
    Haven't watched in WWE for a good while but HHH's streak and The Rock got my interest for this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckminster View Post
    Glad Team Jonny won. Ziggler should be WHC and Ryder is an idiot.
    WOO WOO WOO

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast