Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

vCash

WWE

Continue the discussion on every ones favorite "Sports entertainment" brand here...

Anyway, RAW is on tonight and with Shawn Michaels and The Rock scheduled to be on, it should be a good one.

316'sRegen Unattached
    the month long ad for wrestlemania continues...
    I guess I'll watch it anyway

I am looking forward to the Hell in a Cell at the main event as it's one of the few matches where you don't know what the outcome will be.
    Surely they can't end the streak of the dead man? This will be his legacy after he retires. On the other hand Hunter is one of the guys who books the matches these days so if he wants to increase his already impressive record of ending people's careers inside the cell he may well do so.

I personally don't want to see Taker lose the match but think it would be better if it ended up a double count out, as it's not really plausible that he could still beat Triple H.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    SANTINO!!!!!!!

vCash

Must admit I found myself smiling when he won, couldn't believe it!

vCash
    its cool he won it.. hopefully he will have a good run with it.. prolly lead to a WM match

vCash
    I can see Zack Ryder coming back and winning it at some point, or he should feud with Kane and defeat him... WWWYKI.

vCash
    Don't be surprised if there's a rematch between Santino and Swagger on Smackdown tonight with Swagger retaining, with it all being set up for a Long v Laurenitis showdown at WM (be it 1 on 1 between the two, or a rumoured 4v4 if MITB isn't back at WM, with the winner getting ultimate control over both shows).

No chance the streak ends, makes no sense at this point and especially dropping it to someone already established who doesn't need it, and only has a few years left themselves. HHH has gone on record saying the streak shouldn't be defeated as well. I don't see how having HBK as a special referee works either, unless HBK comes out of retirement (which I highly doubt) there's no point in him screwing either (setting up a future match), so he'll have to play it down the middle like when he was referee for the Iron Man match between HHH and The Rock at Judgement Day 2000.

I'm pretty sure you can't have a count out in HIAC either.

316'sRegen Unattached
    just seen the raw last night after falling asleep for the live show.
    I read from trhe shawn bit that he is likely to screw HHH as if he couldn't beat the undertaker he don't want anyone else doing it, the bit where he was upset by HHH being goaded by shawn being "better" was where i took that from, but who knows...

As for the Long/Laryngitis thing, yeah there always is a gimp match like that (cole vs JR) (trump vs mcmahon)

Can't wait for Jericho to take the strap from Punk as well, I've always liked Chris Jericho and he is far better as a heel. With the belt he will be ultimate on the mic in his insufferable style

Interesting how Cena keeps beating Dwayne in the slandering matches, but I think this just reflects the "PG" direction of the show these days. The Rock would have layed the smack down in the attitude era and everyone knows it.

vCash
    He still would mate, but the WWE have actually been clever and by having it appear Cena is getting the better of The Rock it's splitting the support, otherwise it'd be nearly all support for The Rock, especially given it's in his home city. Cena doesn't help the build up with his stupid faces all the time, kind of hard to take anything serious when he's doing that. Definitely need to see a few Rock Bottom's and AA's leading up to WM though.

Like I said with HBK, I see no point in him screwing anyone as the only reason to screw someone is to set up a future match with them, and with Shawn retired (and I don't think he'll come out of it) there's no point in doing it.

Mervmeister Unattached
    Wow......people still watch this badly scripted poop? lol
    Was massive fan when younger but grew out of it about 10 years ago.

Its once you stop watching t for a few years then stick it on once that you realise just what garbage it is lol.

vCash
    Couldn't agree more - Was good to watch and follow whilst at school but quickly grew out of it when I left.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mervmeister View Post
    Wow......people still watch this badly scripted poop? lol
    Was massive fan when younger but grew out of it about 10 years ago.

Its once you stop watching t for a few years then stick it on once that you realise just what garbage it is lol.
    I didn't watch it until my kids got old enough to start following it..... now it's fun to see it through their eyes.... plus tell them stories of the old days

Besides, it's more fun to watch than half the crap on TV these days anyway.... I watch more now from the technical side of things than actually pay attention to the storylines.... scripted or not, those guy (and girls) are athletes and it takes a high level of skill to do that stuff and not end up dead or paralysed

316'sRegen Unattached
    "the longest running weekly episodic tv show in history"

Agree with CF in the technical side of it, there is great skill to what these guys do. 2 Weeks ago in TNA a m ove went wrong and the guy was feared paralysed, they go out there every night having to look after each other during the matches to make sure no-one gets hurt. I've read a couple of autobiographies by wrestlers which were a great read: Bret Hart and Mick Foley and this part of what wrestlers were "good workers" and which weren't was interesting.

As for the storylines, yeah it is a bit silly most of the time but that's kind of the point (I hope )
    No worse than Eastenders in any case

The crowds at the events are mostly adults as well, albeit crazy American ones
    You can just picture the son saying to the dad:-
    "right calm down, pop you're making us look stupid jumping up and down there screaming your head off with your CM Punk hand wraps on"

vCash
    Did any one watch RAW last night

The ROCK concert was classic.

vCash

vCash

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash

Barbed wire for ropes, explosions, etc... gotta love Japanese death matches

vCash
    I guess the PG ratING OF wwe IS NO MORE LOL

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    That was in Japan, not WWE

316'sRegen Unattached
    he talks about that one in his book, the bomb match

vCash
    The MIZ is going to Wrestlemania

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafcjgreen View Post
    The MIZ is going to Wrestlemania
    Then hopefully he'll SKF Rock to help Cena win

316'sRegen Unattached
    SPINAROONEEE

vCash
    Fuck Cena man, The Rock FTW!

vCash
    Two days to go, so predictions people.

Cena (Want Rock to win, but think Miz will get involved, be it inadvertantly hitting the Rock, or intentionally screwing him, saying he could have won last yr on his own)
    Taker (talk now of a possible WM 29 showdon between HHH and HBK so maybe HBK screw job, although I hope that doesn't come off)
    Jericho (really not sure on this one)
    Sheamus
    Team Johnny (expect the appearance of Lord Tensai, or Albert for those familiar with the attitude era)
    Big Show (via DQ, so Cody retains the belt)
    Orton
    Kelly Kelly and Maria whatever her name is (celebs always win)

I think that's all of them.

Reports also suggesting WWE want to announce next years WM main event asap like Cena v Rock was last year. Suggestions are Cena v Rock again (as well as another match at Summerslam, hence completing the trilogy), Punk v Austin which I'd love to see, and the aforementioned HBK v HHH (possibly HHH retirement).
    Last edited by AMC; 30-03-12 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast