Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    So we've had a couple of days off due to work commitments, but Euro 2060 was an excellent tournament for my German machines!

A crushing 3-0 victory over Czech Republic (The conquerors of London's England) saw ze Germans take the trophy home.
    As said previously London's England went out in the semi final stage, whilst it was an even worse tournament for the hosts (Mikey's Spain), as a quarter final drubbing by England ended up being the nail in Mikey's coffin as he resigned before he was sacked.
    Club Wise -

Season 47 is underway!!!! -

My Southampton took the Intercontinental Cup convincingly whilst losing the Super Cup to this seasons banana skin - EVERTON.

Dropped points have been and issue for both Man Utd And Scunny early season leaving Southampton with an early advantage but it still early on but then the saint entered their sticky patch.

On the European front we all safely made it through the 1st group stages which is a normally a cert...

ONWARDS!

vCash
    This may be my last update for a while as Mikey will be able to do one soon...

A couple of lengthy sessions have seen season 47 end with a first premier league in 6 seasons heading through the doors at Old Trafford. London's win meant Mikey's scunny had to make do with 2nd place with my Southampton lagging behind in 3rd.

Mikey's scunny took the League cup over my saints whereas London's united took the FA Cup over scunny.

I kept my backside in the hotseat by nabbing the champions league trophy over United.

So during the close season the usual tweaks to our squads are taking place with a massive fire-sale at the saints to weed out all the deadwood.

On the international front, London is still ticking over in the English hot-seat and im also still going as the European champions Germany. And after resigning as Spain manager after Euro 2060, Mikey is still out there looking for the right door back into the international set up but can he find the right country for him?

We will see...

On to Season 48!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cheers for the updates Pepe - still do them, its great to read from a different perspective.

So we're into season 48, and a crazy opening game, myself and Scunny dropped points with a 1-1 draw, as did Pepe and his Southampton, meanwhile Utd went down at home to Eveton. Now strangely enough, Everton were quite the force last season, beat Saints, myself and a double over Utd, we aksked ourselves how... we checked their tactics mid-game, and the'd switched to a wibwob set up, normally I'd be hacked off, but actually added that little bit of spice to the game, but cant for the life of me understand why this has happened. I've not changed anything to do with tactics, imported AI harder ones or anything like that. Having said that, Pepe beat Everton in his 3rd game (I think) and they didnt switch to Wibwob at all, so quite strange

But we're sailing on, as my personal aim to get to Season 50, which I've not reason to think we wont make it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a little break from this - we managed to get in a cheeky hour of game time. Not much to scream about, except Utd smashed Saints to open up the league in these early stages.

vCash
    A monster session sees us power through the season. My Scunny went out the League Cup whilst Utd went out to the Saints, meaning 17 years without a League Cup Winners medal. All of us safely through in Champs League and just advanced in the F.A Cup. Pepe's Saints claimed the World Championships, meaning games in hands, which if history repeats itself - could be a problem

As for the league, its been very interesting indeed - with Everton causing issues all over the shop with their sneaky wibwob tactics, claiming victories over me and Utd, but Pep has slipped up elsewhere, so he's playing catch up. As it stands, Utd lead the way by 3 points, ahead of Scunny who have a game in hand, but Utd hold a big goal difference. 1 big game that passed, was Utd winning at Scunny 3-1 which turned the table on its head, but with Everton and others causing issues, anything can happen as we hit the last few months of this season

The world cup looms with London's England, Pepe's Germany, and my new role as Belgium chief, all raring to go and lead our countries to glory

vCash
    Still on this and ticking along nicely, although looks like weekly sessions now due to work commitments, which is cool

vCash
    Great

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Back on this after work commitments for us all...

Saints beating Scunny and utd at the business end has opened up the title
    Saints onlyone left in Leageu cup...peps to lose...
    all still in Fa and Europe!

the mysterious "EVERTON" bug seems to still be there ...where comp teams switch to wibwob tactics 1/2 way thru a game....makes it a lot more interesting and competitive...

think we all have 40 + players each...and probably overall have the best 120 games spread amongst us...no one seems to be missed with all the scouting going on to get the next gem before the other 2 find him...part of the enjoyment really.

onwards!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Pep seemed out of it at Xmas, with dropped points all over the shop, but hes right back in it with his victories over his rivals

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Really cracking on with this, with only 3 points in it between the 3 of us, as we enter the home straight of the season. All the big games in the league have come and gone, its Scunnys to lose, who hold top spot at the moment, so it means, Everton could have a big say in the season

vCash
    After a decent session last night. season 48 comes to an end. From a personal perspective, it was a bloody disaster, in the space of a few weeks, my whole season came crashing down. My beloved Scunthorpe dropped 2 points to ensure Man Utd sit top on a massive goal difference swing, whilst Southampton had won their games in hand to move 1 point off the pace. Then on last game of the season, Utd clinched the title with a thumping victory, whilst I slipped up, and the Saints leap-frogged into 2nd place. That along with an FA Cup final victory for Southampton against my Scunny, and that also along with Utd beating Scunny in the CL Final on pens - it was a session to forget for me. Even the bogey team - Everton - won more than me after their shock League Cup victory over Southampton

Needless to say alot of building work taking place at Glanford Park, whilst the Saints will look to bolster here and there, and the Champions will look to groom a few fringe players through.

We left our session as the World Cup us about to begin, with Pepe's Germany, London's England, and my Belgium all raring for the ultimate prize on the international front.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And so we're all set for season 49. With the world cup out the way, London's England rule the world once again after defeating Pepe's Germany in the final which saw 3 red cards. My Belgium were eliminated after 2nd game of group phase, which lead to me walking out, although I've recently been named Brazil boss, again.

Alot of tweaks from all of us, with some real gems unearthed for our respective reserve teams.

vCash
    And season 49 begins - although only a small session last night, but as the saying goes, "Every Little Helps" London's Utd took the Shield on Pens against the Saints, whilst my Scunny took their place in the CL Group stages after having to play a qualifier. But the big news in such a small session, Pepe's Southampton lost early ground after a home defeat to Forest. Although early doors, its the last thing he wanted at such an early part of the season. Man Utd took Intercontinental and Super Cup with ease.

A few more tweaks here and there with purchases, with Scunny making a deal with Saints which involved 3 players in total and 20 Million

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ticking along nicely, even sneaked in a 45 minutes session last night - Utd dropped 2 points leaving Scunny with the only perfect record at this early stage of the season, but a long long way to go, as it's shown before, we all hit bad runs, and 9 times outta 10, its the games against 1 another that decide the title

vCash
    This season coming along very nice indeed. Another 45 minute session sees us get through a couple more weeks which involved a few twists and turns in Season 49. The 100% start from my Scunny came to an end with a 1-1 draw at Pepe's Southampton, which is fairness, was a fair result. London's Man Utd slipped to a shock defeat to Cardiff, which saw them move 4 players to WibWob mid-game, something that is happening alot recently from the AI teams. Everton have proven they will WibWob their way to glory, as will Nottm Forest, but as Londond stated before, this makes the game more interesting

All of safely through the 2nd phase of the CL, and the League Cup see's a mouth watering tie between Utd and the Saints, with potentially a final against Scunny, if they can over-come their quarter and semi final matches

vCash
    And so we have reached the end of season 49, And what a season it was for Mikey's Scunthorpe.
    The men from Glanford Park steamrolled there way to the premier league title and the FA cup, whilst also clutching the Champions League from under the cheating noses of Everton!
    The only piece of silverware to make its way to St.Marys this season was the league cup as my saints defeated scunny in a tense finale.
    Nothing turned up at Old Trafford this season apart from a few fans calling for the gaffer to quit but will he be swayed by the ardent red devil fans demanding he vacates the hotseat?
    As usual the end of season is the time for our squads to receive a shake up as the older stars begin to be phased out in favour of younger blood.

Some people have been saying we will never ever make it to the magical 50 season mark......

So we all stick the proverbial two fingers up to all the haters!!

Until Next Time!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Lack of silverware was a poor season...young CB's to blame...hopefully they get better with age!!!

vCash
    A few sessions has seen rocket through season 50. Pepe's Southampton looking good with almost the perfect start and a draw against his rivals, (My Scunthorpe) whilst for me, that along with a draw against Oxford has left me off the pace. London's Man Utd have had a shaky start with a defeat against Shrewsbury at home and then losing to Saints at home 3-4 and then 0-2 at home to Scunny, he'd like to think that's his run of bad form gone for the season, as still a long way to go. We've all just taken our place into phase 2 of the Champs League and 4th Round of the League Cup. It was Super Cup and World Club Cup glory for Scunny, and with the World Championships coming up, its sure to cause a fixture congestion for the Champions, as its proves to be the case in the past for others.

Lonond's England and Pepe's Germany in contention for their place at the next Euro Championships, whilst my Brazil won the Copa with ease and then destroyed Germany in the Confederations Cup final

ONWARDS

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    horrible start to the season...quite a youthful defence...might reap the rewards a cpl of seasons down the line....see what silverware i can pick up along the way before i get a solid backline!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So we're firing through season 50 smoothly, although a few hamachi issues recently, but nothing major. Pepe's Southampton in control at the top of the table after inflicting a first defeat on my Scunthorpe, who can move to within 2 points, assuming they win the 3 games in hand. The early season lost points for London's Man Utd still the case as he looks to hope for a blip in form from his rivals

All of us safely into phase 2 of the CL whilst the 1st leg of the League Cup Semi final is underway, Scunny look good whilst Saints hold a 2-1 lead over Utd, but how important could that away goal be? All of us through to the FA Cup 5th Round with ease

A fair bit of transfer activity from all of us with 2 Major players leaving Scunny (contracts running down) to each of their rivals, which could come back to bite them in the ****. Saints and Utd have built and some big fees paid out by the champions as they look to retain the title, but Utd and Southampton will look to prevent that

Nothing much on the International front, all 3 of us still in control of our countries,

vCash
    i seemed to have turned the corner this season after buying CB hernandez,,,

vCash
    And so the record breaking season 50, comes to an end:

A disaster of form saw the champions, Scunthorpe, surrender the title, and everything else that's deemed Important. An extra time victory in the League Cup Final is all that arrives at Glanford Park, trophy-wise. Maybe thee selling of 2 keys players to their rivals was ill-timed, but what topped off a bad session was they also missed out on 2nd place on goal difference, therefore will need to play a qualifier in the Champs League. Some work needs to be done

What looked like an appalling season for Man Utd, was turned around in last night session, London's boys turned on the style, which saw them take runners up after sitting in 3rd for most the season, and take the F.A Cup against Southampton. They also took the Champs League after they demolished Inter 4-0 who shocked Southampton in the Semi. In an Interview with the boss, he said "I feel we're as strong as ever, roll on next season, you're gonna see something special at Old Trafford"

And it was Premiership glory for Pepe's Southampton, who will be content to take the title. Abit of tweaking, and a couple of lovely looking buys , they're sure to be battling on all fronts next season

vCash
    buying hernandez...(a mature CB was needed)...helped A LOT!....
    loads of attacking potential at UTD....but defence was weak....defo turned that corner...
    6-2 away win to scunny ...highlight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    buying hernandez...(a mature CB was needed)...helped A LOT!....
    loads of attacking potential at UTD....but defence was weak....defo turned that corner...
    6-2 away win to scunny ...highlight!
    Yep, that killed me, and my home loss to Pepe of 2-5, and away goals in Champs League Quarters, what a nightmare session

vCash
    A sweet session last night saw us fire through Euro 2064, which Pepe's Germany retained with victory over hosts Italy. It was a semi final exit for London's England, whilst my Brazil look comfortable in the World Cup Qualifying South American group. Not much activity for Scunthorpe in the transfer market, a couple of average players, whilst Southampton the same, but a couple of decent looking prospects arrive at Man Utd

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post: