Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    with the other 2 games in champs league and me only just promoted to prem im playing catch up..but ive got a few decent deals in the bag....just need to add quality...
    bamford for 2 mill could be the key......hopefully fulfills his promise...munoz not getting injured would be good...but have matthaues as a decent reserve (albeit on loan).....got a few wild cards in midfield...and giggs regen should add some quality....not too sure about my defence though!?....could be leaky!

vCash
    For me, my big buy was Phil Jones, that rock for the back. And that Spanish veteran between the posts has still got 1 more year in him, even at 36

vCash
    Powered Through Season 5 Now.............. Wycombe doing well ............................ Scunthorpe not doing aswell as they did last season ................... Southampton dropping down like soldiers at the moment and it all started with a defeat at Wycombe

Until Next Time

316'sRegen Unattached
    Seasons flying by now

Must be around the time the old guard starts to retire and the new heroes come to the fore...

vCash
    Pep should Know about the old guard - he has most of them

For me this season - Phil Jones has been a waste of money, but Douglas Baggio is coming along nicely, as is David Henen

vCash
    Old Guard FC = Southampton!!

vCash
    Pepe - Im just bitter you've beaten me to a load of players, Rooney too,

Not happy that you scrape into the next stage of the CL and I breeze it, only to get a group of death and you, what looks like a walk in the park

vCash
    still got a few of the world class players knocking about....the little gems are beginning to surface....game should even out then!
    looks like the 3 of us battling for all the trophys this yr!

predictions
    League - Scunthorpe
    CL - Scunthorpe
    cups shared between wycombe and southampton

all 3 finish in CL spots !

vCash
    Awww - thanks, your prediction is that Im gonna win 2 major's, now Im under pressure!

vCash
    The Stick I Got For Jumping Ship From Mansfield To Southampton, Ian Just Dumped Wycombe For The Red Devils!!

vCash
    i had to done all i could with wycombe...it was time for the next chapter in my career!
    Left with the fans blessing having got them promoted 3 times and left them 2nd in the league!

Saying that ...i did go back and took a load of ex players to man utd!!...oops!

vCash
    Ill happily take the loyalty award, but, I get you both on taking on the next chapter of a different job. Who knows what's installed come the end of our 5th season. Will I sign a rolling 1 year deal, or will I fancy a new challenge? only time will tell

As for season 5, Pep's Southampton, in my opinion, dropped many points, and not fighting for top spot like I guessed they would. The old guard might not of been the correct way of doing it, but I do fancy Pep bring a cup home

As for the Man Utd gaffer, well, e Devils are fighting a relegation battle with over a dozen games left, and despite that, still have 1 of the best stadiums and set-up's in the league. Some decent players purchased along the way, rebuilding has certainly started at Old Trafford

For me, my final piece of the jigsaw defensively was bringing in Shaw from my biggest rivals (shocked he sold to me) 17.5m well spent. Got some decent players coming through the ranks. And whilst I might only be a couple points clear of Wycombe, my fingers are crossed that their new manager will struggle and I can break away

316'sRegen Unattached
    what othrleagues are running, and do you guys have nationalities that will allow you to move to decent clubs in any of them?

vCash
    Just England Open

vCash
    As season 5 comes a close, a quick summary of how its gone:

For Scunthorpe, they have retained the Premiership, won the League Cup along the way, have an F.A Cup final against Southampton to look forward to, and still riding high in the Champions League, although will have have to over-turn a 2-1 deficit against Real Madrid in the 2nd leg of their semi final match. The squad looks good, although Keeper is abitm dodgy at times

Southampton, Pep switched from Mansfield roughly 14 months ago, and although he's assembled a decent squad, he'l be disappointed he's only just scraped 4th place in the Premiership. Whilst the old guard still do their part, come next season, some youth is needed, if they are to fight for all trophies, on the positive side, an F.A Cup final showdown with the Champions is a hugh game, stop the Iron Men achieving a possible quadruple?

Man Utd, after shocking the world of football, the gaffer took the old trafford job just after half way through the season, they were in the bottom 3, out of all domestic cups, not in Europe, and a squad of average standard. But the new man at the help has ringed the changes, bought in some decent buys, and although 1 game to go, will be finishing 6th, which is superb. Whilst the kitty for the summers looks better, next season could see the Red Devils challenging.

Elsewhere, Previous clubs taken on by Pep and Ian, Mansfield made it to the Premiership despite Pep's exit, but have struggled this season, and is it goes to the wire, their Premiership status is on the line. Meanwhile, Wycombe have does very well in ensuring its Champions League football next season alongside the Champions, Southampton and Chelsea, and with 1 game to go, they can ensure runners up slot, which would be a massive achievement

Unitl next time guys

vCash
    Hitting pre-season as we set off into season 6. For me as Scunthorpe, I ousted Pep in the FA Cup to conclude the domestic treble, however Real scuppered my quadruple attempt in the Semi's of the Champions League

Despite losing the FA Cup, Pep and he beloved Southampton secured 4th slot and will be playing Champions League Football in the new season. Some very decent purchases from the Pep camp, could this be their season?

The re-invented Man Utd with Ian at the helm, finished 6th and earnt Uefa Cup football this season. Managing to clear some junk that Moyers had left and slowly builiding a side more than capable for challenging for silverware this season

Key Players for the forth coming season including summer purchases

Scunthorpe - Luke Shaw, although due to serve a 7 game ban, Leon Goretzka, a summer 12.75m swoop, Julian Draxler, superb since his move mid-last season

Southampton - Gabigol, steal of the summer, following a bosman move, Max Meyer, amazing stats, and still only 22, Damiao, another superb freebie at Xmas has proved to be undisputed number 1 striker

Man Utd - Zaton, finally nailed him for 7.25m, only a matter of time before he pays that back, Manuele Pinna (regen) star in the making here, Patrick Bamford, the striker that was pouched from former club Wycombe, fast becoming amongst the best in the league, still only 24

vCash
    Gabigol/Damaiao could well swing things southamptons way this season i think

(Man Utd) I'll be happy to have a decent cup run...maybe win uefa...and a top 4 finish...
    Scunny and saints have had the advantage of pillaging all the quality players...so on a mission to get the regens and youth to improve so that I have a chance to battle for top honours!

nicely set up for season 6!

vCash

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Getting through season 6. Something tells me its gonna be between the 3 of us come the end of the season,

vCash
    will be a tough one to call....think im (man utd) behind regards the talents of the squads....not being in champs league has cost me a few players...hopefully all on an even keel next season .....but the top players are already in Scunthorpe or Southamptons squad!...need to find the newbies!....and get the best out of what ive got!

vCash
    Well what a great few sessions we have had today - season 6 has come to a close, and a great turnaround from Man Utd which has seen them clinch the Premiership crown, and a beaten finalist in the Uefa Cup too. Southampton cleaned up on cups, winning the League and FA, and to rub salt in the wound, won the Champions League against Scunthorpe in the final. So no glory for the Iron men, and finishing 2nd will just have to do. As we've powered through pre-season and kicked off season 7, Scunny have been busy, spending almost 100m in the summer, the champions have also spent well, whilst Southampton have picked up a few bits and bobs

Lets Rock and Roll

vCash
    Another 90 minute session passes, and boy its tight at the top. Although Im leading the way, Pep's beloved Southampton can claim top spot if they win their games in hand, still bragging an unbeaten run along the way. They will be hard to beat, but they're picking up a few up and coming stars Ive noticed. Our reigning champions meanwhile, well they have some real young stars on the horizon. My own scout bought their names back to, and most of them have age on their side. Although dropped 5 points in their last few games, a long way to go. As for myself, Im a little inconsistent at times, but being top at New Year will, I guess,

Until next time

vCash
    Bragging all the way to a 4-1 drubbing at home to the champions
    Last edited by PepeP; 04-05-14 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    Fallen Link can return to the place?

vCash
    is that some sort of code!?...makes no sense?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast