Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

316'sRegen Unattached

vCash
    As Season 7 comes to an end, Trophies went to us big 3

I as Scunthorpe reclaimed the Premiership crown, with 4 games to spare. Although was beaten in the champions league quarters and then beaten to the same team in the FA Cup final (will reveal in a moment who) I'm happy to have won the main domestic competition, The main focus

Meanwhile, Pep's Southampton , finished runners up in the league this time around, (1 place better than last season) but proved for another season, they are kings of Europe by retaining the Champions League at the expense of... (tell you in a moment) Also a beaten finalist in the League Cup final by the same team as above, Pep will be aiming Im sure for the competition to have eluded him so far - The Premiership

Man Utd, well, what can you say, the defence of their Premiership crowen might not have gone to plan in finishing 3rd, however, runners up in Champions League and a domestic cup double, Im sure the gaffer will be happy with that. Europe will be the main thing on the agenda for season 8

So that's it in a nutshell - we all got a trophy and a broken heart somewhere along the line

Roll on season 8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Firing through Pre season!...towards season 8...Looks like all the top players are at our 3 teams.....so now its all bout finding the youth talent first!....game has now taken another twist....3 equal teams....winning all the trophies......big games between us!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Lively start to life in season 8.

I myself am pleased to have claimed the Shield with a 2-1 win over Man Utd
    Meanwhile Pep has slipped up in both the World Club Cup and the Super Cup.
    Ian has had a shaky start in the league, claiming just 1 point from the 1st 2 matches

Whilst we all continue to build our reserves/youth teams, as pointed out before, its all about locating them little gems that have been regenerated into the game. I've just offloaded Yokoslu for 91M and luckily for me, Charly Musonder is an equal replacement ready and waiting.
    Pep and Ian have just shook hands on a player exchange deal, and Ian also landed a nice little 19 year Brazilian ahead of myself. Pep's weakness is possibly his keeper, so am sure he'l have his targets.

Meanwhile Ian is on the brink of leading Ireland to the 2022 World Cup finals, a draw against the Swiss in the last qualifying game will be enough. Credit where its due, he didnt inherit the greatest of teams, and its not as if he can go buy like we do at club level

So a nice little Sunday session comes to a close, as us net game veterans now decide to spend sometime with our families.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As club manager disappointed with my start to season..loss in charity shield and a draw and loss in forst 2 league games....not good enough...did qual for Champs Leagues..but was expected!....got a Cb..LB...LW ..RW..ST....all under 22 and pushing for first 11 place..so future is bright.....want to win something this year though!

As for Ireland...top of WC qual group with 1 game home to swiss....but swiss and wales on 13pts alongside Ireland so gonna be a close call!.....some achievment getting them to WC.....

Scunny have bought well but yokulu will be major loss....
    Southampton losing the super cup and club cup was a surpise....they do have world club cup in january to go for...(but it will provide a fix back log at end of season to get through!)...all in all a good start and another competitve season on its way!

8 seasons and counting......alongside our 12 season game previously we are indeed net veterans!...wheres me walking stick?!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've Just Found My Zimmer Frame!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A mega 4 and half hour session has propelled the 8th season towards its close...
    A dire dire campaign for me (UTD)...decided to blood the youngsters this year and got rid of a few old dead woods....its taken its toll....quite respectable in the league....but will finish 3rd behind Scunthorpe and Southampton this year for sure....(too many losses to them )...dismal perfromance in CL..not getting out of 2nd group....lost in semis of League Cup....I do have a small consolation prize as im still in FA cup...fingers crossed...hopefully this poor season will benefit my squad (not looking to buy any first choice players during the summer at all)

Southampton lost both the world club trophy and euro super cup surprisingly...but did take the world club championship in january....they did have 5 games to catch up and are slowly eating into the lead of Scunthorpe....but i think the fixture pile up will prove to much...

Could be a quad for scunny this year....still in all comps and looking strong...

one more sesh should decide the trophies!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As stated above - a monster of a 4 hour session, for me personally, was 4 hours well spent. Southampton still have 2 games in hand, but still 7 points off me. Although the The Saints have had a run of drawing games, you'd feel the Iron's blip of form could be right out around the corner, if so, then the title will be blown right open. Having won the League Cup against them too, I'm in a good position as I'm about to take on Man Utd in the F A Cup semi's, the one competition that could save the Red Devils' managers job

As for Champions League - in fairness, Man Utd had a group of death in their 2nd Phase, and were unlucky not to make the quarters. Now although the gaffer has ruled himself outta winning the league, these Mourinho's tactics wont work on me wont work on me
    But the Red Devils team certainly will be battling on all fronts next season Im sure, as their are some little gems

Sothampton are the team to beat in Europe having won the Cl for the last 2 seasons but their main aim this season Im sure is to win the Premiership as its the cup to have eluded them so far, for Scunthope, its the CL that I want, and as for Man Utd, its all about next season, The F.A Cup and dont rule them out of this seasons title.... just yet

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 8 comes to a close, and an interesting end to say the least. It went down to the wire, but the goal difference proved decisive at the end. Scunthorpe retained the Premiership, their 4th in 5 years. Whilst Southampton were shocked in the CL final against Barcelona where they lost 2-0 to 2 90th goals. So only trophy for Pep this year was the World Club Cup. Scunthope claimed the League Cup earlier, but the F.A Cup was a shock, Ian's Man Utd were shocked 3-2 against Hull, therefore a trophyless season for the Red Devils, but the Gaffer has the World Cup to look forward to, with his Ireland squad, something the other 2 gaffers have yet to explore.

As the grooming of youngsters continue on all fronts, Man Utd looking promising, with some up and coming stars. Southampton possibly need to strengthen there 1st team class in order to deal with fixture pile ups, something that surely affected them during season 8. Scunny meanwhile, are selling a few fringe players and bringing in some more youth.

The search continues for the new gen players, as all 3 of us, try to stay 1 step ahead of the other 2. Pre Season will be about Ireland for Ian whilst myself and Pep will have some time to prepare for season 9

The Premiership still on the agenda for Southampton, as yet to win it, or maybe re-claim the Euro crown having been denied a hat-trick of titles. Scunthorpe, like last season, will be all about Euro glory im sure, away goal rule is what busted them in the Semi against the eventual champions. As for Man Utd, well the squad is there to challenge on all fronts, although am sure The League and maybe a domestic cup will be welcomed

Roll on season 9

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Piss Poor end to a bad season for me....i knew i had to have one to give the youth a chance......hopefully pays off in the future seasons....

got a ton of u21s just pushing for their chance....Bale/Erikson/Gotze & Hazard are there at the moment....but cracking prospects to come through...

worth investing in youth as ALL the talent is at our 3 clubs....nothing worth buying on the market really...

Season 9 ready to go....Ireland into last 16 at WC for me....wont win it as squad not good enough but a nice distraction!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we kick off season9. Pep is looking good with Southampton, my Scunthorpe have started ok, although Man City have been an early surprise as they currently lead the table. Ian's Man Utd have had a shaky start with few draws, and somewhat 10 points off the pace now.

On the International front, the good work done by Ian for Ireland has lead him to becoming the new England boss. And whilst the Ireland job became vacant as a result of that switch, I decided to try my luck on the international stage. Pep Im sure will be hoping to get an international job at some point, although I feel, first thing on his agenda will be to win the Premiership with Southampton

Youth team at Man Utd looks promising, some decent finds on the Scunthorpe books. Pep meanwhile made a hugh sale in selling Gabigol for 75m, which surprised me, as it is hard to find quality. The regens are hard to locate,

Let crack on

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we sail through season 9, its been an interesting one, to say the least:

The League Cup goes to Man Utd having beaten Scunny in the final on Pens, but Scunny will have a chance to seek revenge as the 2 giants meet in the FA Cup final. Meanwhile in the Champions League, twice winners Southampton will meet Scunny in a mouth watering Semi final clash, whilst Man Utd will play the other semi against current champions, Barcelona

As for the Premiership, its looking good for Scunny, 1 point behind Southampton with 2 games in hand. Man Utd, had another disappointing season again, having slipped up a few times, but still in with a shout on all cups

The highlight of the season, or of the game so far

http://s8.postimg.org/jegz56uhx/11_0.jpg

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You Do Know No One Can See That, It's Too Small

vCash
    End of season 9....Scunny the run away silverware winners - Prem/Champs League/FA CUP
    Utd - league 3rd and up....and a vastly improved 2nd half of the season (could the kids be breaking thru!!)
    Saints - 2nd but no trophies!

Mikey - ireland manager
    Ian - Eng manager

Moving into the end of the regular players and the unknowns now!....we all have all unearthed a few gems ...see how they improve.....onto season 10!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My Fans Are Calling For Silverware. It's My Time For The Prem Title.

Could It Be My Last Season In Charge Of The Saints??

Time Will Tell.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

vCash
    Back on it after 7 days break!...
    Think this seasaon is gonna be the closest yet!

tight after the first 10 games!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As we power through to the new year of season 10, that world record of 12 seasons is that little bit nearer.
    Still looking for that 1st Premiership crown, Pep's Southampton, lead the table after 22 games, by 1 point
    of suprise team 'Man City' who have a 2 point gap over my beloved Scunthorpe, however I have 2 games in
    hand, due to my runners up medal in the World Championships (stupid cup) Man Utd are 4 points behind me
    in 4th on equal games of 20 played so far.

We're all riding high in the Champions League, where Ian is looking for his Man Utd boys to secure their 1st Euro Cup.
    My Scunny are the remaining team from us big 3 left in the Semi of the league cup. We all have home bankers in the F.A
    Cup 3rd round

Players are becoming harder and harder to locate, them regens seem to be hiding out, but it just takes time. Money it
    seems is no problem, I for one have spent a lot on the building of my reserves as I also see, Man Utd kids looking very
    promising. Pep took some stick when bringing in Messi, but at 35, he's failed to shine, but.... atm... they're still top of the
    table, and he could have the last laugh

Gabigol's 43m return to England deffo given Man Utd that missing link, that they've needed. Scunnys capture of rivals'
    Sothampton LB Chaparro given them the edge for a 2nd generation after Luke Shaws switch 5 seasons ago. Pep is a no-
    nonsense manager and wont tolerate players fueling moves and will get rid, Scunny meanwhile will gladly pick up a
    bargain so long they can tame them. Man Utd's Zaton and Gotze looking strong this season, could this be their year?
    Can Southampton cross the line, or reclaim the Euro crown? Can Scunny go 1 better and win the League Cup along
    with everything else?

Only time will tell

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As Season 10 gets closer to a conclusion:

Premiership is still blown right open, with Man Utd having the upper hand, goal difference could be the title decider as the Reds have been smashing some in recently. Sunny arent far behind, and Southampton and Man City still in with a shout

CL, all us big guns safely through to the quarters

FA, all us big guns safely through to the quarters, although 2 of us clash, Hmm, interesting

Lg Cp, Sunny take on West Ham in the final

So pretty much everything to play for

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 10 finishes in the most dramatic fashion

Man Utd pip current champions Scunthorpe to the title on the last game of the season, winning their final match 3-0 and claiming the title on goals scored.

Man Utd also clinched their first Euro crown, beating Southampton on pens

Scunthorpe claim both domestic cups in the League and FA

Trophyless season for Pep and his Southampton

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It was an amazing end....
    needed to win my last game by more than 1 goal of Scunny result....never seen a title come so close!....great to top it off with a champs league win....been on the back foot to scunny and saints since i took over Utd....but kept faith in youth and knew they would come good a cpl of seasons down the line....hopefully this squad will goon to bigger and better things before a rebuild is needed!

Season 11 on the way....nearly at the record breaking seaosn 13 level!!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    All Ready To Start Season 11. After The Biggest Spending Spree Since I Took Charge, It Must Be My Turn To Become Champions Of England!!

I'm Getting Desperate Here!

vCash
    Mikey went Awol??

vCash
    As we kick off season 11, the young guns at Man Utd looking good,
    Scunthorpe completed some re-building following last seasons mis-fortune
    Southampton... well, some work is needed there, if their to reclaim their CL crown or maybe win a first EPL

As we all continue you search for the regens, the world record is not too far away, and as stated prior, and in last game, this just doesnt get boring, at least not for me anyhow

Tabloid say this:

FINALLY THE YOUNG BLOOD AT OLD TRAFFORD COME GOOD

NO TROPHY = ON THE BRINK FOR PEP

LONGEST SERVER GAFFER BEGINS HIS 11TH YEAR

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash

43. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 11 rocking on!

tight as usual at the top..

powering ahead in 30 min - 45 min....mini sessions....

Pressure on PEP to bring some silverware this season!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast