Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash
    season 18 starts....after 14 games ...utd have won first 14...to lead the way
    a few dropped points from scunny and saints.............. 1-1 v each other!

a long way to go...

alfaro to utd could be big mistake...shepherd and neto are playing out of their skin at full backs for utd!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    1 more session should conclude season 18. Premiership is more than certainly heading back to Old Trafford after a 2 year absence. It was glory for Southampton who 'stole' the League Cup on penalties. As for the F.A Cup, my Scunthorpe and Pep's Southampton will battle it out. The Champions League, we're all there in the Semi.

So....

Will the cup jinx continue this season for Man Utd?
    Can Pep steal the FA Cup like he did the League?
    Trophyless season again for Scunthorpe?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    a great league win...highest pts in a season record...109..( i think?)
    a great champs league win....
    a team with tons of potential....ronaldo 23...messi 22 (regens!)

hopefully have few yrs of dominance again!!!

major work to be done at scunny and saints!

season 19 just started....utd beat scunny in early game to take an advantage!

bring it on

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    whats happened to hamachi..gone all wierd...have to sign up to login???

vCash
    As we approach the 1 year anniversary since we kicked off our current game. Here we are... mid flow into season 19. We are the 3 big teams of the world, theirs no question about that. The fallen giants of Real/Milan etc... pretty much dont have a squad of more than 12 players. As for domestically, their's always a team who causes a few upsets here and there, recently, Peterborough started season 18 off very bright Cardiff the year before, Aston V causing problems, Hull a bogey team, but no one near to being a championship winning team. The battle is always between the 3 of us. its the games against one another that really conclude this.

Me, Scunthorpe, the most loyal man in the world, been with them since the start. Bought them through the ranks, was first from the 3 of us to claim the Premiership. To be honest, dominated when the current big guns were building. Although averages out at a trophy per season

Pep, Southampton, was first to jump ship when he'd started off with Mansfield, on way to leading them out of the 2nd tier, he took on his new challenge, and lead them to runners up in his first season in the top flight. Pep has a very good success rate in the Champions League, and is known for his ruthlessness, as he wont tolerate anyone disrupting the squad and quickly moves to sell them, even if that means selling to a rival

Ian, Man Utd, having lead Wycombe to the top flight, took over a dis-mantled Old Trafford outfit. Credit where it's due. he has transformed them into the giants they were back in the 90's. Has a habit of developing fringe players into superstars, in doing so, works his reserves brilliantly. Got a good eye for that little gem knocking about. Is the team to beat and has been for the last few seasons.

On the International front - Ian has been England boss for many many seasons, and recently lead them Euro Glory. The World Cup still awaits. I've recently got the Spain job, with an aim for that to be long term, following spells with Ivory Coast (sacked after 2 wins) and Russia whilst Pep hasnt had much look, and having to settle with the non-euro countries. At present, he is seeking a country to take to the world cup
    Last edited by Offside Trap; 03-12-14 at 12:28 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 19...entering the final stages,...

champs league
    utd 1 v scunny 1...winner will play saint in the final...

league cup to saints..(job saver!)

league should go to scunny baring any upsets in last 8 or so games!

all to play for!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 19 to a close

Premiership - Scunthorpe
    FA Cup - Man Utd
    League Cup - Southampton
    Champs League - Man Utd

A remarkable season sees us 3 legends all get abit of glory. Youth making its way through the ranks in each of our squads, some big fees paid out aswell as received, so whats installed for season 20? only time will tell

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Happy New Year guys!!

Played this game just over a year now!!

onwards and upwards!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a session last night to kick start the new year, season 20 is up and running:

Up until the save, we all had 100% records to the season, but the 1st of the big games saw Man Utd win 3-0 at Southampton. With Utd already having won the shield,and the minor early season trophies, the gaffer has enjoyed Leading England to Confederations glory over my beloved Spain, and the team at Old Trafford looking very sharp indeed

With Both England and Spain already heading to the forth-coming world cup, can Pep land an International job that he can sustain. Meanwhile, Pep's club form needs a kick-start, the recent defeat against the rivals was met with angry protests from the fans at St Marys

Meanwhile, Scunthorpe, who have spent a bob or 2, will look to continue their good league form, although to have a chance of retaining the title, they have to take points in the crunch games that really count.

vCash
    As we enter February of season 20 it is the 3 of us at the top once again.

Scunny top the lot with a 5 point lead ahead of the saints in 2nd. 2 points separate the saints and the red devils but the devils are playing catch up with 3 games in hand due to the world club cup. We all have dozens of youngsters pushing there way towards the 1st team but injuries and red cards push squads to the bare bones.

We are all safely through to the fa cup 5th round, whereas a heartbreaking penaly shootout defeat elimanted the men from st. marys in the league cup quarters.

The devils take a 2-0 lead into the 2nd leg of their league cup semi against the league leaders.

All 3 of us are walking the cl group stages and we all can taste the trophy.

Ian's England are heading to the world cup as are Mikey's Spain.

And the big news is:-

I am going aswell!!

im heading to try my luck at the world cup with the underdogs of japan.

However the major question is:

Who is going to win the big one??

Time will tell.
    Last edited by PepeP; 04-01-15 at 05:08 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We are into March of season 20. What a rollercoaster it has been. Every season has it's moments, and am sure the conclusion of this one, wont be any different. With my Scunny's planned last 2 games against my biggest rivals, its sure to be an exciting finish.

Hopefully the link below will work, a few screenshots of the game

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/U...GN1fcf2av8UGpE

vCash
    End of Season 20!...TWENTY!....just over a year of online gameness!!

Scunny take the title....but should have taken more....

league cup to Utd....
    and FA cup to Saints (beat scunny)

then champs league final...with Utd pipping Scunny for their 4th CL trophy in 6 yrs!

Saints manager PEP hangs onto his job by the skin of his teeth with an FA cup win...but the vultures are circling over St Marys!!

World cup and Japan (PEP)..lose all 3 group games for a disappointing campaign....
    England (ME!)...lose in quarters to germany....hopefully hang onto my job for another crack....(been reasonably succesful so should do!)
    Spain (Mikey)...gets Spain to the final....only to lose 3-2 to Brazil with 90 min winner from Utd striker Azevedo!

a few end of yr sales by all teams...strangely....
    Scunny sell Rooney regen to UTD...and
    Saints sell RVP regen to UTD!....

Utd will look to push on with the 4 major att regens of rooney/RVP/messi and ronaldo in the firing line!!

and new boy German striker BAUN...(world and Euro player of the year!)

onto season 21!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Stay Tuned Guys, London35 (Ian) (Man Utd Gaffer) is going through the game over the 20 seasons and is hoping to do a full review

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    20 Years and counting!!

It all started in back in 2014 when 3 managers went to the 3rd division looking for a club...

Mikey - Scunthorpe
    Ian - Wycombe
    Pep - Mansfield

The first few seasons all 3 teams powered through the leagues...

Mikey's Scunthorpe had the edge from the off with some great sales and the abilty to buy better quality Ian and Mikey were always a division below and a standard below...

Things began to change when PEP moved to the Southampton job in 2017 and Ian moved to the Utd job in 2019

the 5 yrs between 2014-15 and 2018-19 looked like this
    Mikey (scunthorpe) 5 titles...(3rd/2nd/1st and Prem x 2).... 1 FA cup....1 League Cup....1 Vans Trophy
    Pep (Mansfield/Southampton) 1 title (3rd div)...1 FA cup...1 charity Shield...
    Ian (Wycombe/Utd) 2 titles (1st and 2nd div) ..1 vans trophy...

As you can see....mikey was steamrollering his way throught the trophies....

However from the 2019 - 2020 season things began to even up

Next 15 yrs - (2019-20 - 2033-44)

Prem Titles
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 6
    PEP (Southampton) - 3
    Ian (Utd) - 6

FA Cups
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 3
    PEP (Southampton) - 6
    Ian (Utd) - 5

League Cups
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 4
    PEP (Southampton) - 5
    Ian (Utd) - 6

Charity Shields
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 5
    PEP (Southampton) - 2
    Ian (Utd) - 7

Champions Leagues
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 4
    PEP (Southampton) - 5
    Ian (Utd) - 5

Super Cups
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 4
    PEP (Southampton) - 4
    Ian (Utd) - 4

Intercontinental Cups
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 3
    PEP (Southampton) - 3
    Ian (Utd) - 4

World Club Championships
    Mikey(Scunthorpe) - 0
    PEP (Southampton) - 4
    Ian (Utd) - 2

in terms of national teams
    Ian has been in charge of Republic of Ireland and England...
    with England....3rd in World Cup 2026....runner up in Euros in 2028 and won the euros in 2032...confederation cup winner 2033

Mikey has been in charge of Republic of ireland, Ivory Coast, S.Korea, Russis and Spain
    with Spain....runner up in world cup 2034

Pep has been in charge of Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ngeria, japan and uruguay (twice)
    Ivory Coast - African Cup of Nations Winner 2026

LEAGUES WON
    Mikey -11
    Ian - 8
    Pep - 4

CUPS WON
    ian - 36
    pep - 32
    mikey - 28

Transfer Records

Paid
    Ian - 56 mill
    Mikey - 50 mill
    PEP - 24 mill

Received
    Pep - 115 mill
    Mikey - 109
    Ian - 81 mill

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a summary but I have noticed a glaring mistake!!

My record sale was actually 125m.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That really was a cracking summary of the last 20 seasons, and to this moment, we're all going strong, battling for all trophies on all fronts. Hardest part of the game, in my opinion, is keeping your squad happy,

My wife said to me with 1 of her looks - Don't you get bored?

I know what you're all thinking, but don't worry, I'm filing for divorce as I type

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The correct response to that is "you look after your children by dressing them and feeding them, I look after mine by rotating for cup games and selling the trouble makers"
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brilliant Bob, so true!

vCash
    We're into season 21, and a flying start from the champions Scunny, see's them on top with 9 out of 9 and not conceding a single league goal. Whilst Man Utd took 3 points in the first of the big games, winning at Southampton, they have since slipped up with 2 draws.

A big transfer involving a quality fringe playing leaving the Champions for St Marys,
    Old Trafford have been active in the market too with what could be a couple of gems found.
    Whilst Scunny clear out another fringe player to Germany for yet another 100m, fringe players in the reserves look to step up, with loaned out players being recalled

All 3 of us looking good in the first phase of the CL, And Utd have cleaned up in their South American cups, and with Scunny stealing the shield from the Saints on pens, it's still all to play for in these early days

If anyone has any specific questions about any part of the game, feel free to ask

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another decent session last night see's us into March of season 21. All to play off at the top as Sunny lead Utd by 2 points on equal games. A dip in form saw Scunny go out the League Cup and slip up to their 2 biggest rivals, but whilst Utd recently have slipped up with a couple of draws and a heavy defeat against the Saints, the season is likely to go right down to the wire. Southampton are well off the pace, having dropped points all over the shop. But their League Cup Semi Final 2 leg win over Utd could spare the blushes of the men upstairs wanting a trophy.

Meanwhile, We're all still riding high as we enter the Quarters of the Champs League, and have all avoided each other at the same stage of the F.A Cup

vCash
    And so... Season 21 comes to a close:

On the major fronts, it was no trophy for Ian and his Man Utd, although the squad is looking stronger than ever. The attacking line could well peak during season 22

Pep's Southampton proved to be the cup team of the season after they took The League Cup, The FA Cup against Utd and then the Champs League on pens against Scunny. Although finishing out the top 2 yet again, its no secret the gaffer needs a Premiership crown sooner rather than later

Scunny retain the Premiership, once again, for the 2nd time, its a hatrick of title for the Iron men. The squad is looking good, their's some good ages too, but Champs League is a must next season

vCash
    shocking season really...no silverwear!!!

power on to season 22!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A short break from the game has allowed all 3 of us legends to rest and recuperate after a hectic schedule !!

Season 22 could be the year the saints go marching back to the promised land of premier league glory.

A shock drubbing at the hands of scunny in the shield, has been followed by a long winning streak culminating in the saints clutching both the intercontinental cup and the European super cup under their arms.

In the first BIG game of the season scunny hosted the saints and were left crying after a 2-1 defeat.

We all safely made it through the 1st phase of the champions league which is a MUST. Also all 3 of us made it to the league cup 4th round!

The saints offloaded yet another 2 unhappy souls over to scunny along with a young scottish international striker with a decent record (26 Caps 19 Goals) who struggled to break into the saints 1st team.

The red devils top league with 11 out of 11.
    Scunny 2nd with 10 out of 11.
    Saints 3rd with 9 out of 9.
    Last edited by PepeP; 19-02-15 at 12:49 PM.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't wanna nit-pick here Pep, but..... I lost the big game at my ground, not yours after you'd got my player sent off

vCash
    As we enter February 2036 the premier league looks tight yet again. However this time around it's a 3 horse race!

Man Utd lead the way, 2 points ahead of Scunthorpe. Southampton are 6 points behind scunny with 2 games in hand.

The 3 games in hand due to the World club cup for me all ended with defeats ruining my chances of a first premiership since 2030/31.

We shall fight all the way is the message to the players!!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast