Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

vCash

Let's go for the record (Again, Mikey's Game!)

After 'what Im told' is a new world record of CM online, (almost 12 seasons in) me and the guys, Ian and Pep have tonight set ourselves off on another adventure, although we're staying in the the English league, Ian will manage Wycombe, Pep will take Mansfield and I will control Scunthorpe. So all of us kicking off in Div 3. It's gonna be a fun time as we all lead our small budget clubs from the football leagues bottom division. Who know's, few seasons from now? Maybe 1 of us will have a higher class job through merit, or maybe we could be loyal and aim to bring our small team to the top - only time will tell as we kick off with a session tonight.

If you guys want, Ill happily keep you posted on the game. Due to the last game corrupting (still crying) our aim is to got 1 step further, and why not?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A good start! - different kind of game, not having the millions to spend!

Bring it on!

vCash
    Great stuff men, I love starting at the bottom.

Theoretically you could all win promotion each season

Glad you guys started again, great to see games happening on the forum

vCash
    A slow burner this one - not the excitement of buying the 30mill superstar....but VERY excited when you buy that 200k defender that will stop the goals leaking in the bottom division! Xmas has got in the way of rapid progress in season one..but we'll get back onto it ASAP...

Mikey has started with a bang wining all his first 5 games...
    Pep is hit and miss
    me - i havent won a game yet...let down by nit having a GK of any ability what so ever....and not having the funds to replace!

Gonna be a tough tough opening season!
    great though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Xmas has made it a slow start - but.. onwards and upwards as we sail through season 1. I myself am pleased with my own start, on and off the field, tbh, feel abit guilty, especially at that 45k purchase then selling him a week later for 500k

It is certainly different, but the spice is deffo there, to make an assult on the record

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mikey - need the hamachi log/pass again!

did you get your hamachi sorted??

vCash
    ok back on it - !
    After a few days break!....getting interesting now

lots of wheeler/dealing to get the funds and therefore the players to propel you thru the divs ...

scunthorpe have been the biggest earners and spenders...but doing them well as they sit at the top of div 2
    Mansfield chugging along nicely dipping between auto promotion and playoffs
    Wycombe are shocking in the league ...10 pts from the play offs...but have progressed to the 5th round of the FA cup beaten premiership aston villa along the way.

this game is going to have legs!

vCash
    After abit of a lay-off, we're back up and running. So as we power through season 1, (roughly 3-4 hours today) Its looking good for me (Scunthorpe) as promotion is looking good and am sitting pretty on top, having said that, I've spent some money

Ian meanwhile (Wycombe) may not be looking too good in the league, but boy is he on a cup run, an FA cup 5th round awaits him as he builds his squad slowly and surely

Elsewhere Pep (Mansfield) have had a good run of late which has seen them climb into the play offs and not far off automatic. Some decent freebie's have been hired

Until next time guys!

vCash
    Lmao were we both updating this at the same time?

vCash
    end of season 1...(almost)
    Scunthorpe promoted (mikey)...by a mile!!
    Mansfield into the play offs....
    wycombe - missed play offs by 6 pts...an achievement in itself considering bottom 3 all season!

pre season joy of getting some decent talent in now!

vCash
    Ok cracking along nicely...2nd season!
    Scunthorpe flying high in div 1 ...and making nearly 30 mill on player sales!
    Mansfield and Wycombe both flying high 1st & 3rd in div 3....

Early days yet....still looking for that perfect squad..and some superstar internationals...might take a few more seasons!

vCash
    Another impressive session, as come towards the end of season 2. Scunthorpe (Me) looking good for a 2nd promotion, and have a League Cup semi final against Man City to look forward to too, aswell as a 4th round FA home clash again Spurs. Mansfield (Pep) might be out the FA Cup and fell victim to Scunthorpe in the League Cup, but their on course for promotion. Meanwhile Wycombe (Ian) finally creating the squad he wants and looks a good bet for promotion with his rival, question is, can they pip Mansfield to the title?

vCash
    End of the second season....

Scunthorpe walked the 2nd div for a straight 2nd promotion...
    Mansfield - won 3rd div
    Wycombe - 2nd in 3rd div ...so promoted - Benik Afobe my star player!

all about the rise through the leagues now and making money along the way (something scunthorpe is doing well at!)...maybe a few cup wins.....will be 3/4 seasons before we are conquering in Europe again like we were with the last net game!

onwards and upwards!

vCash
    As we power through season 3, after Saturdays session - get this guys - we completed a 6 hour session, no lie, 8pm until just after 2am, well so far, Wycombe are looking good in the FA Cup, I thought i did well with Scunny by winning 4-2 at old trafford only to lose at Wycombe

vCash
    working our way thru season 3 (january)
    scunny top of div 1
    Wycombe and mansfield swapping 1st/2nd place....

personally....built a team capable of promotion probably next season too...but woefully short of funds...need a few million pound sales and 200k purchases to boost the coffers.....hopefully next season in a higher division!...

onwards and upwards!

vCash
    As I prepare for Premiership (bound) status. Getting some youngster gaining 1st team action on loan. Spent some millions on players, got a couple half decent people coming on a free. Looking forward to the conclusion of season 3,

vCash
    In light of mine and London35's recent posts, re: our current game along with Pep (not on forums) I thought id share with you where we're currently at. Feel free to have a nose about on the saved game below, and check our the history of the game so far, Chris, if your not busy, a classified summary would be good

Enjoy

Mikey

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aoiba6

vCash
    After a monster of a 4 hour session last night, we bring season 3 to a close. We all got a good
    piece of silverwear this season

Myself (Scunthorpe) claimed a 3rd straight title by winning Division 1 and will now apply my
    trade next season with the big boys of the Premiership. To be fair, I've been quite lucky where
    I've received big bids for players, and able to do plenty of wheeling and dealing

Ian (Wycombe) Claimed a 2nd promotion and won the 2nd Division, along with the Vans
    trophy. After a shaky start to his career as boss, the squad is building very nicely with some
    real decent additions made through-out the last 12 months

Pep (Mansfield) Now for me, Pep deserves manager of the year from the 3 of us. Although a
    beaten finalist in the Vans, and pipped to the 2nd Division title by the same team, Wycombe,
    promotion wasnt a good enough consolation for this gaffer, he had to go win the F.A Cup along
    the way. So will be in Division 1 next season and a European Adventure thrown in.

Cracking on for the next session

vCash
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/9y6uc7

Theres the saved game if anyone fancies a nose around. Screenshots to follow:

vCash
    Well finally its a hello from me. Mike told me about the forums, so figured it was high time I got myself into this

Loving our game at present, well winning the FA Cup in Div 2, why wouldn't I?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Into season 4...

Sunthorpe - Mikey has taken the prem by storm...tops the table after 3 months
    Southampton/Mansfield - PEP....jumped ship after 2 months from championship mansfield to premier team Southampton....he did have Uefa cup games with mansfield...but has decided to try his luck in a higher div!
    Wycombe - ..me....for the first timein 3 yrs i have money in the bank and a squad im proud of (for the championship!)....going well at the top of the league by 10 points....with pep jumping up a div...shouldnt be too much trouble winning the title and being in the prem next yr....out of the league cup early...little bit disappointing!...

onwards!

vCash
    Cracking on nicely in season 4, I for one a pleased with my own team, although finances do worry me going forward, about to sell a decent striker in order to keep the people upstairs happy

Pep, was a little shocked at his decision to take the Southampton job, after the work he done at Mansfield, especially after winning the FA Cup, but to be fair to him, all goes on his managerial CV, and Southampton looking good so far,

Ian - The squad is becoming very impressive, and no doute you will be a force come next season

vCash
    Welcome PeP

vCash
    Hello!!

vCash
    After 2 monster sessions today, we bring season 4 to an end.

For me, it was Premiership glory, only losing once,

Pep, the man decided to desert his Mansfield post and take over Southampton to battle in the Prem, and to be fair, he didnt do too bad a job. Runners up in the Prem and beaten finalist in the FA Cup

For Ian - he's finally nailed his squad and has managed to set season 5 up with his beloved Wycombe in the Premier, following Div 1 championship

For me and Pep, we've been busy bees in the market, wheeling and dealing, preparing for Champions league action, and in fairness, Pep has beaten me to many duels for signatures of players, some of which, the twi-light of their careers, RVP, Gerrard, Vidic, but the best - at 31 years of age, Rooney. Ian meanwhile has found himself a few bargains as most of his kitty was used on ground improvements

Roll on season 5

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast