Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League Discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromyst View Post
    interesting Read, obviously i am totally new to this concept too, but i am really looking forward to the challenge, especially taking on some of the forum legends. Take it easy on me though, and please explain things in simple steps so i might have a chance
    Certainly looks like fun so lets see how it goes.
    Good luck everyone.
    It's good to see a new face getting involved and I hope you'll enjoy it

Thanks Jesus. Yep, sorry about that Goofy. I was somewhat eager to get things running and posted an auction earlier this week but then Pat came along and put me straight on a few things. I needed it really as he speaks of experience and I was jumping in there blindly

I was hoping we'd be able to get going today with there being only 2 spaces left but no-one else has signed up overnight. I think I'll give it until Friday or possibly Monday and then we can get this baby going regardless of whether we've got the 16 managers or not. The two spaces can be filled at a later date if people become interested (Had thought AMC and Cam would have been the duo).
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2) Every season will take place in a different country. The first season will kick off in the English Premier Division and the outcome of that season (such as who qualifies for Europe or if you get relegated) will be noted and incorporated into the next season which will take place in a different country, meaning that you will face different opponents every season. Your squads will also, of course, be carried over. This will be a unique way of playing and will also allow your squads to stay the same age rather than playing the same save game season after season and losing players to retirement, etc along the way.
    Been re-reading, that^^ is gonna make it utterly pointless buying youngsters and developing them since they'll reset every season - not keen on that idea tbh. Also means as soon as you build a great team there's no point buying/selling since your players will never retire.

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Yeah I'm not too sure about that either. I like the idea of porting the team you've amassed over to a new team in a new league but I don't know whether starting afresh every time will be of any benefit. It'll all be down to who gets the best starting players, and not youngsters..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Yeah I'm not too sure about that either. I like the idea of porting the team you've amassed over to a new team in a new league but I don't know whether starting afresh every time will be of any benefit. It'll all be down to who gets the best starting players, and not youngsters..
    Precisely! It wouldn't really allow you to create/mold a team over the seasons.

vCash
    I actually thought we are doing what Jesus said tbh. Must have misread originally.

One way or another, it is a mountain of (potentially unnecessary) work for Mark doing this. I remember having to move hundreds of players just for a transfer window and it was a nightmare. This here is even worse.

vCash
    No, Goofy understands it correctly. The idea was that the winner would get to choose whether we continue with the same save game into a second season or start a brand new save in a different country. If the latter was chosen, then it wouldn't take me all that long to load up the editor prior to starting the save and simply adding the players to the club that they choose to manage which is the same process I'll have go through once the auctions are over in order to get the DTL save started.

Porting the players to a new league isn't what I was looking to do either. That would be time consuming in itself and could corrupt the save game as well.

My reasons for suggesting this was just to put a fresh look to the DTL where you'd build a squad to basically "challenge the world" by going all over the globe and attempting to win the various leagues that we can play in. At the same time, it allows the squad to remain the same age so it's as though you are playing with the players as you see them today IRL (kind of like Soccer Manager, if you will). Obviously, each time we do start a new save, we'd be using the latest update as well so you will in fact see differences to the players that you've signed as a) they would age a year when a new season starts IRL b) they'd get better or worst according to the update team!

Let's not forget that you don't have the ability to sign whoever you want. You only get to sign a select group of players that become available in the auctions for you to bid upon so it's not as though you'll be able to have a shed load of youngsters in your squad. Especially given the budget that you start with. The new DTL is designed to be a lot tougher for you to assemble a squad and compete with your fellow managers.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    How about starting with the 07 update and then continue progressing through the seasons with each successive update. Season 2 would be 08, season 3 would be 09 and so on...

vCash
    That is actually a phenomenal idea Kaneman

vCash
    Let's not forget that you don't have the ability to sign whoever you want. You only get to sign a select group of players that become available in the auctions for you to bid upon so it's not as though you'll be able to have a shed load of youngsters in your squad. Especially given the budget that you start with. The new DTL is designed to be a lot tougher for you to assemble a squad and compete with your fellow managers.
    So we cant scout for potential stars either then?

Its actually starting to sound like we will be making hardly any decisions at all. We can only sign who you decide and have to keep the same set tactic. Sorry mate but it sounds pretty boring to me Just being honest.

vCash
    I made that clear from the start that the restrictions were that you could only sign players through the auction of players as well as having just one tactic enforced as a restriction for each season.

That's the whole point of this. I'm making it different to play in and more difficult as well. It's not meant to be the same as it has been for the past few years which was getting a bit stale.

EDIT: It's all in the OP of this thread as well
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Fair points!

I haven't had much spare time recently so only got around to fully reading it now. I know it was getting stale and agree that changes are needed but looking at the new ideas/rules the only thing left i enjoy is haggling (there will still be haggling at some point i hope?), cant create a tactic, cant scout for players, cant watch/see youngsters develop into world beaters

Not my decision though, just voicing my own opinion Maybe everyone else will prefer it this way.

vCash
    Guys, what do you think about the FAQ that I have put together now?

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4599

Hopefully everyone is OK with this and nothing has been missed out? I'll leave this until tomorrow morning for people to comment and then the first round of auctions will begin
    The Alphabet Game #3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Will have a look tonight when I get off this fucking Staten Island Ferry! #windyasfuck

vCash
    All looks good to me mate!

What's the score with you submitting auction bids as now seen you're taking on Stoke?

vCash
    Not too sure really. I was thinking of submitting bids for the leftovers in the auctions but I think I may just step down altogether so that there is always a space left for a new manager to join in.

Very surprised there is not much feedback from all 15 managers and only yourself has actually made any comment even after PM-ing everyone.

I'll just assume that everything looks good and I will put up the first auction shortly.
    The Alphabet Game #3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Your reward system is flawed. You give the winner who already has the best team the most money meaning he can buy more/better players. Isn't exactly gonna make it more exciting the next season.

One problem the DTL had was that you had the same guys up top running the league and to try and counteract that and make the league more competitive, the bottom teams got the most cash at end of season. Right now, your system promotes the gulf between teams.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten that you did that in the past. I'll take the reward system out and adopt that same policy again then with perhaps just 1m reward for the cups that managers win.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    So if I wanna sell a player to CPU, I get what they offer in-game?

vCash
    Yeah, I'll note any offers and let you know whether you can accept or reject.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Very surprised there is not much feedback from all 15 managers and only yourself has actually made any comment even after PM-ing everyone.
    I gave all my feedback/thoughts prior to you posting the FAQ I'll go with the flow and see what's what

vCash
    I'm with Goof.

I don't think we'll we'll fully know what works and what doesn't until we've had an auction session or a season.

I'm happy to see what happens as we go.

vCash
    Suck it and see!

vCash
    my Bids are in so yeah, lets see what happens,

vCash
    Be interesting to see how many get snapped up on a free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vCash
    do we have to keep an eye on the non-eu player rule?

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast