Page 1 of 59 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League Discussion

vCash

Dream Team League Discussion

Dream Team League - Discussion

I'm just putting the feelers out there with regards to the Dream Team League to see who would be interested in taking part if this were to make a comeback?

First of all, let me just offer my thanks to Patinoz as well as Goofy and Lee before him for running this effortlessly over the years now that he has stepped down from running it.

I have been thinking for a while now about taking this on myself and running it every Wednesday. The concept would remain the same as you would be expected to name your team and the game would be played for a month each week. However, I would add some restrictions to the competition to make it different and keep it fresh each season. Such changes would be:

1) All managers forced to use one particular tactic each season. The challenge then would be to find the right players to fit that particular tactic whether it is a default one or one pulled out at random from our tactics forum.

2) Every season will take place in a different country. The first season will kick off in the English Premier Division and the outcome of that season (such as who qualifies for Europe or if you get relegated) will be noted and incorporated into the next season which will take place in a different country, meaning that you will face different opponents every season. Your squads will also, of course, be carried over. This will be a unique way of playing and will also allow your squads to stay the same age rather than playing the same save game season after season and losing players to retirement, etc along the way.

3) All managers will have to build their squads from scratch with just 10m to play with. This will be a tough restriction but a challenging one for the managers as they attempt to build a good team. They can buy players and attempt to sell them on at a profit to raise more transfer funds but life will be tough financially at the start of this venture.

4) That brings me on to signing players. This is a tough one as well as you can only sign players as and when I put them up for you in an auction. You'll then have 24 hours from the time of my post to make a bid for the player with the highest bid obviously winning it. It is entirely your choice then whether you get involved in a bidding war or take a step back and hope that a better calibre of player is available next time out. It's a challenging one as well because you'll need to manage your finances carefully this way and ensure you have money to build a squad, not just to buy one or two star players.

The above are just my first ideas for the game and a measure of how tough I plan to make life for you all in the DTL.

Are you up for the challenge?

Cheers
    Mark
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    All over it - I'm in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm interested. Some of those ideas sound very different to the DTL I know though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's the idea, really. It also builds up a different way of building your squad instead of going through the process of a draft.

I thought it'd be good to do it season-by-season in each country too. Obviously, I'd start a new save with the squad you have built the previous season as well as making sure you qualify for Europe, etc.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought it'd be good to do it season-by-season in each country too. Obviously, I'd start a new save with the squad you have built the previous season as well as making sure you qualify for Europe, etc.
    OK. That makes a bit more sense now. So whatever squad you assembled then follows you on to the next country. That could be cool.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    OK. That makes a bit more sense now. So whatever squad you assembled then follows you on to the next country. That could be cool.
    Yup! It keeps the DTL updated as well as I'd start a new game with the latest database and edit the database beforehand to match the squad you ended the previous season with.

Thought it might be a nice change.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Hmmm....

Well I`m in either way!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Janis89 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Don't like some of the rules mate? Speak up!

I'm just toying around with ideas at the moment.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Yeeah I might not like some of the rules. But am yet to see how strict it is gonna be. For example on the player front.

But am gonna be in either way.

Great initiative yet again Mark

vCash
    Make it on 0001 Mark

vCash
    I'm in.

Massive massive amount of work though for some of your ideas

But yeh I'm in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Make it on 0001 Mark
    Maybe I will one day if I ever complete the update
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Let's give it a whirl then and see how it pans out
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I still don't have a pc or lappy for the moment, so I'll have to pass for now, boo.....

vCash
    It'll probably be a few weeks before this gets going properly if you want to jump in, Oz?
    The Alphabet Game #3

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Im in!

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Love this idea, I'm in.

vCash
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash

Season 1 - Rules

Sounds great.

Love the tactic restriction, always my downfall. Always rated myself a decent haggler though, BRING ON THE HAGGLE!!!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ozRooster View Post
    Sounds great.

Love the tactic restriction, always my downfall. Always rated myself a decent haggler though, BRING ON THE HAGGLE!!!!!
    I thought it'd make a nice change as well. It puts everyone on a level footing and it's more about purchasing the right players for this one
    The Alphabet Game #3

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    U using latest update?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Please can we have your save uploaded so we can scout them?

That way we're not guessing if a player has a 0 in the editor.

vCash
    There is no save to upload at the moment as the actual save game itself won't be created until the squads are assembled and ready to go.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    There is no save to upload at the moment as the actual save game itself won't be created until the squads are assembled and ready to go.

vCash
    I have no pc and no lappy at the moment . Not sure when Im getting a replacement, won't be in the next fortnight though.

Unless values are put up for the players, I have no idea whats going on. Even then, I won't know attributes.

Not asking for either to be posted, I think I'll have to pull out, sorry .

Page 1 of 59 1234511 ... LastLast