Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction: Dream Team League

vCash

Introduction: Dream Team League

Introduction: Dream Team League

The Dream Team League is a competition that has been going on at www.champman0102.co.uk since 2008. It was originally invented by Lee who had the idea of running a game as a league within CM 01/02 with the maximum number of managers available (16). One of the main features of the 'DTL' is the ability to negotiate transfers between fellow managers which has become affectionately known as 'haggling'. Transfers that are done are confirmed by both set of managers in order for the transfer to place in the save game itself. Managers can also sell players to unmanaged teams if they wish to do so. The 'DTL' runs in CM 01/02 one month at a time where managers can consult an uploaded save game in order to check on the conditions of their players and post their lineup for the following month. Any results and important news will be posted up into a thread for your knowledge.

This is the process that the 'DTL' has followed for a number of years following its birth by Lee and it has since been taken over by Goofy and Patinoz who have added their own spin to the competition by introducing an auction for players, restrictions for each season and much more. After a hiatus, Mark took over and has added his own touch to the competition by continuing with an auction system but putting a different spin on it in that only a certain selection of players are available in each auction to bid on. In addition to this, the managers are also restricted tactically as only certain tactics will be unlocked as seasons pass.

There is a limit of 16 spaces for managers within CM 01/02. If you would like to join the competition, please post in this thread with your preference of either taking on a previously assembled team or a completely different team. The following is an updated list of managers who are currently involved in the Dream Team League along with any previously managed clubs with players already in their squads and their budget:

Managers (14/16)
    AFC Wimbledon (drkshadow1)
    Arsenal (Mark)
    Aston Villa (Erkifino)
    Derby County (peaceboy)
    Everton (rakanj)
    Hull City (AMC)
    Manchester City (GFRay86)
    Manchester United (Janis89)
    Norwich City (ebfatz)
    Plymouth Argygle (pyromyst)
    Portsmouth (trunky)
    Southampton (Dermotron)
    Swansea City (Redknapp69)
    Tottenham Hotspur (AJ)

Previously Assembled Teams (Finances)
    Chelsea (14.0)
    Crystal Palace (7.8)
    Fulham (44.0)
    Ipswich Town (35.9)
    Leeds United (0.1)
    Liverpool (8.9)
    Middlesbrough (5.1)
    Newcastle United (2.2)
    West Bromwich Albion (17.2)
    West Ham United (14.5)

You may also choose another team in the Dream Team League but in that case, you'd have to start without any players in your squad but have the advantage of 20,000,000 to spend.

You will be allowed to purchase players by way of an auction. As the Dream Team League starts, you will only be able to purchase players through an auction where you can bid on players with your fellow managers in order to start building your squad. Once you have signed players, you are free to negotiate with your managers to buy and sell players as you wish. Any confirmed transfers must be posted by both managers in this thread in order for the deal to be implemented into the game. This is the only way that you can sign new players other than negotiating with your fellow Dream Team League managers. You can also sell players to teams outside the Dream Team League. Along with auctions, a list of offers are provided for your players which you simply need to accept or reject.

Once a season has been completed, the winners of a league title or a trophy will receive a 100 vCash award for their success! They will also receive a financial reward to add to their existing transfer budgets. The remaining managers will also receive small rewards.

The winning manager of the league in the top tier will then have the choice of continuing the save game into a second season or they can choose to start a new save game in a new league with the latest data update. The squad that you had assembled will then be carried over to the new game. This option will have some risks for some managers as they could see their players deteriorate in the next save game. But on the other side of the coin, they may find that their players have improved. The league will then be open to new managers joining the competition where they may take over a previously assembled squad and their finances or start afresh with a budget of just 20,000,000.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers
    Mark
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    There is one space available for a manager if anybody wishes to take part.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    ozRooster has withdrawn from the Dream Team League which leaves two spaces available for a manager to join us.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    count me in... i guess lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelis For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    count me in... i guess lol
    You're in. Check your PM's so you can pick a team and get started.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Good man Angelis!

vCash
    Evening Gents, Is there still one space? I can see the Auctions, and Haggling is well undwerway... Don't mind waiting around until next season!

vCash
    Hey Zak,

I think there is one last spot left. Problem is that we have just finished auctions so teams are assembled. Not sure how you'd be made competitive. Wait for Mark's response tomorrow; maybe he can think of something.

vCash
    Zak, you can join us now. I'm just trying to figure something out for you to get involved as the 16th manager without upsetting everybody else I think the teams left so far are Arsenal, Cardiff, Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Hey Mark, I know the other teams are ready to go, so if there is no obvious solution I can sit this one out! (Otherwise I'll take the Baggies!)

vCash
    Updated OP to indicate that the league is currently full but names can be added to a waiting list if necessary
    The Alphabet Game #3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd like to be added to the waiting list!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You're on. May not have long to wait as moravcik has two strikes to his name already.
    The Alphabet Game #3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Liam, moravcik has now received three strikes so you may now take over as Chelsea manager in readiness for the next month. I'll start a new thread for you and you'll take on moravcik's squad and finances.

Don't forget to submit a squad by next Tuesday
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Welcome Liam

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Angelis has now received three strikes which means that a spot has now opened up in our Dream Team League to take over as manager of Southampton.

As there is nobody on the waiting list, if anyone is interested, please let me know.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Should have time more after this week/next week mate, I'll jump in and take over the Saints

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sounds great, Derm!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    If anyone else is interested in joining they're welcome to take my team (Newcastle Utd)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    If anyone else is interested in joining they're welcome to take my team (Newcastle Utd)
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Is it that much of a shock? I did post my thoughts before it started - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...167#post145167

Just not really 'feeling' it mate, everyone else seems happy enough though so that's great Good luck and KUTGW!

vCash
    Fair enough. I know you didn't seem to like the set up but I think that's just what I was going for.

A brand new DTL with my own spin on it.
    The Alphabet Game #3

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just throwing it out there... If nobody wants to take over from Goofy, how would you all feel if I joined the competition in his place?

Obviously, when it comes to the auctions, I'll have to submit my bids to 1 person in particular to prove there's no cheating going on
    The Alphabet Game #3

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Really wish I could join and be involved, still no lappy/pc at home.

To busy spending money on blackjack, tobacco and whiskey .

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Get involved Marky!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast