Thread: Clearing old files.

vCash

Clearing old files.

Have been playing cm0102 on and off since it first came out. I noticed early on that when you install for the very first

time it the AI is fairly kind. But when I want to start a new game (I usually always uninstall and reinstall the game) the AI

becomes more aggressive and against my team when I start playing. This despite me doing the uninstall, deleting the

other folders/files in programs etc. A clue that it does not do a complete uninstall is when you come to 'Start a new game'

the name of your last team is still. I used to get over this by doing a complete OS (windows 98) reinstall, and then the AI

was fine with me. I have searched all over my various computers to find where it hides the sodding files, but never found

them. Doing a reinstall with Windows 7 is a bind.

Anybody else noticed this hidden files thing, and have you found where they are?

vCash

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Check your compatibility folder for hidden files

vCash
    i am having this issue as well

vCash
    Reinstalling windows just to make the game easier must be one of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    yeah.

Patinoz showed me those hidden files years ago when i was trying to have multiple installs for the different patches etc. You have to tell it to show them in the control panel.

Its in folder options (show all files check box)

- - - Updated - - -

The AI doesn't evolve over time though

vCash
    There is no such thing has the AI becoming more aggressive if you have CM installed for a long time

It's probably more to do with tactics if you have used the same one for seasons on end.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!