Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scout Reports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toty10 View Post
    Something tells me that part about PA likelihood for -1 and -2 is wrong. I seem to remember those values rolling a random integer for the PA but both values have the potential to go as high as 200 -- though it's extraordinarily rare. The value -2 simply has a higher chance to roll an integer that would make a higher PA player. For argument's sake, let's say the -2 causes a player to have a 65% chance of having a PA between 140-165, a 15% chance of rolling a PA between 166-175, a 15% chance of rolling between 120-139, and a 5% chance of rolling 181 or more. The value -1 is not slanted in any particular way across the median potential ability, so it's just as likely to produce a 120 PA player as it is to produce a 160 PA player. Again, the above values are for illustrative purposes only.

All this to say that it IS possible for a -1 player to have the same or even a higher PA as a -2. I played a save game in Belgium one time where the Belgian GK with the highest PA (verified using CM Scout) was Yoerie de Wilde with like 179 PA even though he starts the game with -1 PA. Obviously, that made his PA higher than the PA of Bram Verbist, a Belgian GK with -2 for PA. Unfortunately, you'll notice from messing around with the Editor that in the ODB most players that were given the -1 PA value were either completely random (with zeros for every attribute) or given very shaky attributes, which results in players that have a randomly high PA but poor attributes.

Anyway, I very much agree that the -1/-2 element keeps the game fun. I almost wish the format was used for older players when the game starts (33 y/o or more) so that the first wave of regens was a little better.

*This explanation was made using the ODB.
    I do know that when I was an updater, an awful lot of 33+ players that were class in their day were given a -2 PA to increase the quality of regens coming through, quicker.

vCash

A question about scout reports

Hello all,

I have a question related to the number of 5 star (Rec column in scout section) players reported by scouts. On what is this number based? Is this based on the quality of your squad or the number of players that you have in your squad? I am asking you this because i take interest in only the 5 star rated players reported by my scouts. I just started a new season and i dont like one thing. Last season my next opposition scout reported only a few (1,2,3,4) players of 5 star quality from other teams, or none in case of teams of lower quality. And i liked this. Now in the summer i made some transfers, i bought some players and i sold some players. And also i have a lower total number of players than the last season. And now the reports of my scout for next opposition teams contain more players with 5 star Rec. than last season.

Is this because maybe my overall squad quality is lower than last season because of my transfers (altough i dont think a i have a lower quality team now)?

Or is this happening because my total number of players is lower than last season? Last season i had 40+ now i have 30+

Thank you!

vCash
    Personally, I never take those stars into account. When the scouts find a number of players from specified areas, I pay attention to key attributes depending on players' positions.

vCash
    Don't believe a thing that a scout tells you. Their only useful purpose is to uncover the hidden attributes.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Well, the only useful purpose in my eyes is that they reveal the attributes otherwise hidden by fog of war. I've got my own rating criteria, they're just handy for bringing more players into the pool.

vCash
    A quick test that may or may not have any bearing on reality.

The star rating appears to be based on the players current reputation rather than any ability. I think that the number of stars is related to the players reputation compared to your club reputation
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12