Thread: CM 2014 - Discussion

vCash

CM 2014 - Discussion

CM 2014 - Discussion

Have you played the CM 2014 app yet? What do you think?
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I've downloaded CM 2014 to my iPad to give it a whirl over the next week or so as I've got 10 days off work after today

I'm starting off with Barnet, a team that I used to love managing on the original database for CM 01/02
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!

vCash
    In my opinion it's not very good.

vCash
    I didn't like it personally but I did download it at the same time as Football Chairman which was stupidly addictive so that may have been part of the reason!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    In my opinion it's not very good.
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    I didn't like it personally but I did download it at the same time as Football Chairman which was stupidly addictive so that may have been part of the reason!
    Ah, that could cloud your opinions!

The board at Barnet have asked for a top half finish this year and promotion within 3 years. Seems reasonable enough to me!

I don't recognise the squad though. I've got Graham Stack in goal and one Harry Crawford (anyone know why I remember him? ) up front!
    The Alphabet Game

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got an email about it for PS3, probably because i bought the CM2010 one when it was out.

It was pretty keek as well.

vCash
    Keek as in kak? Rubbish?
    The Alphabet Game

vCash
    I have this on my phone, not the best manager game out there but I kinda like it, I am managing Rotherham Utd (my local team) at the moment & not doing too bad

vCash
    After some time it gets too easy, after you get the points to improve your team staff you can easily get anyone to play for you and your get easily gets unbeattable. It's fun for sometime, but not to play a lot of seasons.

vCash
    Once you've downloaded it do you have to pay for anything or can you comfortably play it for free?

Maybe I'll look at Football Chairman instead!

vCash
    Football Chairman was really addictive! The game is very well done, you have to climb about 7 divisions and when you finally dominate a division and are promoted you find yourself struggling in the division above and have to rebuild your team and make savvy decisions regarding stadium expansion, player wages and purchases. The secret of it is that even when reigning in the top division, the salaries of your big strong squad are not matched by your stadium revenue and you have to sell one or two key players to balance the finances and expect that your academy produces a couple of wonderkids or a very good player is available for free. And when you finally have the right combination between players and manager, along comes a Bayern or Barcelona and steals your manager away and you have to restart building the winning formula. Great fun!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorplatt View Post
    Once you've downloaded it do you have to pay for anything or can you comfortably play it for free?

Maybe I'll look at Football Chairman instead!
    You can pay for credits but to be honest, you don't really need to. The more games you win and little bonuses for clean sheets, fair play (no bookings), big wins (more than 3 goals), hat trick scorers, multiple scorers, etc will earn you enough points to invest in staff and improve the facilities at whatever club you are in charge of.
    The Alphabet Game

vCash
    Data is well outdated, attrbutes r from lije few years ago looking at some players. Game is good cos its cheap but definitely too boring.

vCash
    I tend to agree, Szkodi. I was supremely addicted at first, taking Forest Green from the Conference to the Championship before getting bored and starting a new game. But it is always the same players interested and never enough offers for transfer listed players for me to keep my interest going in this.
    The Alphabet Game