Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone stil playing?

vCash

Anyone stil playing?

Hi there,

I still regularly play cm3 98/99 and was wondering if anyone on here was still playing it? is there an active community of some sort?

cheers

vCash
    Don't think so, I didn't like CM3 tbh, loved the db but the font & no player history totals put me off too much.

9900 was class & perfect build up to 0001 & 0102.

I liked the CM3 DB so much I converted it to 0102 with the very kind help of John Locke.

vCash
    I have almost never played cm01/02. I played the original cm3 98/99 (yes the DB is great), then stopped playing for a number of years and picked up the same old cm3 version towards the end of last decade. Your CM3 DB project -> cm01/02 sounds great, I might give it a try.

In a nutshell, besides the font and the interface changes, what's fundamenzally different in the game engine between both versions?

vCash
    My first ever CM.

I have a Sold Out version wich was just some cheap computer game I randomly bought. Didnīt know about CM neither simulation games back then. Couldnt even understand how to play it. I remember starting as York City, not signing anyone (Because I didnt know how to do it). Many players ended up injured during the season and I even didnīt change the formation or my lineup, same players over and over again. Ended up getting relegated after the first season If I remember correctly I only had one or two draws and the rest were all defeats. Thing that realy pissed me off was getting sacked every now and then.

Soon I got hang of it and took on Man Utd, it didnt go well. My knowledge of decent formation was only 4-4-2. Wich obivusly didnīt work since I only managed a medicore midtable performence. Allways sold T. Sheringham, since he was too old.

I remember Bergkamp, who was pain in the ass when I faced Arsenal, allways scoring against me. Tried to buy him over but that transfer saga ended up with hughe amount of money wich wasnt used since Bergkamp declined to sign for me -.-

Got feed up with my poor manager skills so I started a game with lowest and shittest English divison club there could be. I liked the challenge back then, so I started with AFC Barrow. Small and humble for me. One player there that allways changed postition once I started a new game (No position set in db), go him as GK or DL. Some gem that did a trick for me when manageing Barrow was a young lad on a free transfer whos name I cant remember, he had English/Cyprus nationality.

Even if the board expected me to stay clear from relegation, I managed to pull out a decent performence and ended up in midtable. Funny thing wich has never happened on 01/02 was that after one season a higher league team wanted me as theyr manager (Swansea in Div1. wanted me as theyr coach).

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aula For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ah, good old 98/99, I remember loving the front cover:

The first with the format of 01/02. So many happy memories including coming home for lunch from school just to play it for an hour I think I took Bolton to the brink of the league title with stars such as Tonton Zola Moukoko and Samuele Dalla Bona in my lineup!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This was my first ever CM and I just loved it. I think I had had Premier Manager 1997 before, which was a fun game, but I couldn't believe the depth of the Cm series.

I have started playing again and would love some advice on tactics, as I don't think the CM0102 tactics are transferable to CM3. Are their any good tactics to download?

thanks

vCash
    Hi I still play.

Here is a list of hot prospects if you are interested -

http://www.champmaniacs.de/g3player.html

Doesn't have all the players but most of them. I usually play as Chelsea. I also used tri wasanos data editor to remove work permits, tweak country reputations (more realistic reflecting fifa rankings) and club and country team kit colours. Also club reputations and finances - like PSG, Man City for example I made their Reputation and Training facilities high and gave them a lot of money.

Makes the game a lot more fun and realistic for me. I try not to sign players on free transfers [its too easy to build a world class team that way and kinda cheating]

And I usually have a very high work rate team with high strength, determination and tackling. Which isnt working out too well for me at the moment lol ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    This was my first ever CM and I just loved it. I think I had had Premier Manager 1997 before, which was a fun game, but I couldn't believe the depth of the Cm series.

I have started playing again and would love some advice on tactics, as I don't think the CM0102 tactics are transferable to CM3. Are their any good tactics to download?

thanks
    My CM3/9900 tactic folder - http://www.sendspace.com/file/iilocz

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I just paste extracted files in tactics folder right? have never done anything to tactics before

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    I just paste extracted files in tactics folder right? have never done anything to tactics before
    Yes.

vCash

still playing

hello! i m still playing to this game, my first and favourite one! i just need to be able to play without the cd

vCash
    Dear Cam F, I would kindly ask you about reuploading this file. Of course, If you still keep it on your HD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by probs View Post
    Dear Cam F, I would kindly ask you about reuploading this file. Of course, If you still keep it on your HD.
    No probs, think I still have it so will upload tonight.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by probs View Post
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zgzpnq

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zgzpnq
    Thank you Cam. To answer in kind I decided to post some feedback so as to expand this topic little bit (this is forum dedicated to cm0102 but some players might find another versions sub-forum useful). I will test all tactics in excess of one or two months using my favourite team in cm3 which in this case is Bayern. Tactics in cm3 work differently from patch to patch, so it is suitable to test two ways - patched and unpatched. It will take some time like I said.

I have already tested the iodine.tct Did you say in the other thread that it doesn't work as good as it does in cm0102?

But on the other hand I failed to qualify to the next phase of CL.

Even a good tactic is not in position to make you winning everething i one sitting. Or turn a poor manager into a Mourinho-like true team leader

21. The Following User Says Thank You to probs For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Probs,

Please share the links for download the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Hi Probs,

Please share the links for download the game.
    Use Google and search under championship manager 3 free download.

vCash
    I tried, but I can not find. I find one nonsense with viruses. I would be very grateful if you tell me a site where you can download the game.
    This game looking for a very long time.

vCash
    How have you guys managed to get this working? I've got the original copy, installed it from the CD no probs and patched to 3.04e but when I try to start a new game I just get loads of index..cpp errors and then the game shuts down

On Windows 8 btw

Tried it on my older Windows 7 laptop and can't even get it working using the instructions that others claim to have success with either. Game installs fine but just won't start, as in it doesn't even get as far as my Windows 8 laptop, just won't boot up at all.
    Last edited by fatmup; 17-04-16 at 11:38 AM.

vCash
    What version do you prefer? Original or 3.04e?

I mean engine and game stability, not database (I always play with original DB, not patched).

vCash
    First I got a demo version of CM9900 and that game got me into football manager simulators. After playing the demo for few months (!) I decided to buy CM3. I remember it was a huge decision for me back then (I was around 12-13 yrs old). My parents bought me a box version of the game and it all started...I still remember my Barrow career with Micky "Goal-machine" Norbury in the squad. Wonderful memories. Also Bixente Lizarazu was a beast!

vCash
    Actually playing in version 3.03b with original database. Great game, great time - lovely 90's!

vCash
    Hey Cam. Would it possible for you to upload this again please?

vCash
    What game data or tactic folder?

I am on holiday and won't be back until Tuesday so it won't be straight away.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    tactics folder. No hurry Cam . Enjoy your holidays. Cheers for replying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast