Thread: CM - Discussion

vCash

CM - Discussion

Did you play the very first version of CM? Any memories to share with us?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I would have been six years old when this was released!

So I think it's safe to say that I didn't play this. It's amazing though to think that it has been 22 years since it was released in 1992!

I've been doing a lot of reading up on this version of the game and had no idea that the players names were actually random which worked against it at the time.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Yep, im an old git! Had the original (copied of course ) on my amiga a600, bought the next version, 'obtained' the end of season mark collis ferrah orosco version and both the cm italias. Cantona and van basten were beasts in cm italia!

vCash
    I remember watching a friend of mine playing a manager game on Amiga when we were kids, ages ago. I thought it was CM, but it had actual players/names, so if the original CM had random names it must have been another game.

-> just googled it - I'm thinking about CM '93. It looks (and probably plays) the same as the '92 edition, although actual names has been included.