Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tactics - Non WIBWOB

vCash
    one final question with the 4132 are there any arrows given to player, or is it all via player instructions?

vCash
    I tend to have arrows forward on the full backs and the three attacking mids.

vCash
    Playing a 4-1-3-1-1 and having very good results with A.C. Milan

Forward arrows on the full backs, defensive midfielder and all three central midfielders, as well as the attacking midfielder. Doesn't hurt that the side is pretty decent (Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Zouma, Vangioni, Fabinho, Casemiro, Tolisso, Locatelli, Bonaventura, Lo Celso, Boletti)

Mentality - Attacking
    Passing - Short
    Tackling - Hard
    Pressing - Yes
    Offside Trap - Yes

Hold Up Ball on everyone besides the back four seems to be working really well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martinho View Post
    Hold Up Ball on everyone besides the back four seems to be working really well.
    Why would you say this ? Lot of passes ? Possession ? Or just good results ?

vCash
    Non-wibwob 2-5-3 formation for full playing mode.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rskld8

vCash
    Well, i created a defensive monster tactic with wonderful results

Spoiler!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d60jzr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reynaldo20 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I got some unexpected results in my first season with Marseille with a 523. 3 CBs, 2 DMs on the sides, 2CMs and 3 STs. Offensive, hard tackles, pressing, offside. Some shit players scored very nicely.
    Not a wonder-tactic though and I don't like 5 at the back

vCash

Non Wib Wob - Defensive help!

Hi all,

used to be a member eons ago but am back as the champ bug has got me again. I only play .60 db and only like using NWW tactics but can never seem to get a strong defence that doesn't give away silly goals. What am I doing wrong?

For added info I do tend to use 4132 as I know 442 etc aren't as in good in game as they are IRL

Any thoughts / tips are appreciated

Thanks (in advance)

vCash
    Everyone bar the 2 centre backs zonal marking, man marking for the 2 centre backs. Pressing in team instructions

vCash
    Thanks Dermo! I'll implement this as had been using zonal on all players. Anyone else want to put in their 2 cents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Pressing in team instructions
    Should I therefore switch the player pressing instructions to team also? my back 4 are currently set to 'No' ???

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SRW1977 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Everyone bar centre backs to team yeah. If you decide to add Offside Trap they will need to be switched to team also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Everyone bar centre backs to team yeah. If you decide to add Offside Trap they will need to be switched to team also.
    Thanks Dermo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SRW1977 View Post
    Hi all,

used to be a member eons ago but am back as the champ bug has got me again. I only play .60 db and only like using NWW tactics but can never seem to get a strong defence that doesn't give away silly goals. What am I doing wrong?

For added info I do tend to use 4132 as I know 442 etc aren't as in good in game as they are IRL

Any thoughts / tips are appreciated

Thanks (in advance)
    Check out my FourFourTwo control NWW formation. It's quite solid defensively.

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=289

It's the version without all the crazy forwards arrows.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I concur with notes from above about putting all guys on zonal marking except DC's (or all D's) on man marking.

Another thing that can help is to change from attacking mentality to normal for away games.
    One idea I also use often is putting the backward half of the squad on mixed passing (rest is on short).
    This allows them to clear with a long ball when they get into trouble, especially against pressing opposition.

Last thing that you could change: put all guys on back when defending set pieces, except for two guys:
    - One player with excellent creativity and passing should be on normal, and
    - One very fast attacking player should be on forward.
    This way chances are good that you'll win the ball, and if you do, the passer can launch the fast guy.

But if you're interested in changing from your normal 4-1-3-2 to something else:
    I'm experimenting with a 4-2-1-2-1 system now, which is very solid on defence. Looks like this:

SC
    AMC, AMC
    MC
    DMC, DMC
    DL, DC, DC, DR
    GK

All guys have an arrow forward except GK, both DC's and obviously the SC.
    No offside trap, home games on attacking, away games on normal mentality.
    Tackling hard, except for the GK (he's on normal, I don't like it when he gets sent off).
    Passing: GK, D's and DM's on mixed. MC, AM's and SC on short.
    All defenders have man marking, rest is on zonal.
    No counter attack or men behind ball.
    No weird stuff like free roles, hold up ball or anything like that.

Side note: this tactic, like most, only works if you have the players for it.

vCash
    For away games against the likes of Barca and RM I go man-to-man marking on their 3 front men, 3 midfielders and 2 fullbacks and have a DMC and an AMC on zonal marking (so 31511) but pressing and men behind the ball switched. The DC's needs to be play long ball or direct passing though.

Can throw up some unexpected results. Basically if you can survive until halftime there's a chance

vCash
    Thanks for the input all. i'll check out the ideas

vCash
    Early days but I've come up with a 4411 that is doing the business on the Ipswich challenge. If I holds up long term I'll post a screen 👍

vCash
    First season with Milan on latest update and Saturn's patch, and I am a surprising 12-points ahead with 6 games left.

I'm using a 4-1-3-1-1. Plenty of goals, conceding a decently low number too. Knocked out of Europa semi's to Man Utd, 1-0 on aggregate. Will post a screenie when i get home.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martinho For This Useful Post:

vCash

Help me Improve my formation ( non wib wob)

Hi guys here is my formation:

https://ibb.co/eNLbXa

I am playing using non wib wob and I have questions for you gods of champ manager to help me improve my tactic

currently fullbacks are set to run up to def mids level:
    centre midfielder has a forward run arrow up to att mid and is set to long shots
    both def mids forward run arrows up to center mid
    wingers are set to diagonal runs into the striker.

fullbacks and wingers are set to cross. / run with ball
    def mids run with ball
    centre back set to man mark

overall team tactics - Attacking, Short, Pressing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need some advice help with the following issues or general advice in which I can improve the tactic.

Play-maker? who should I set it to?
    Attacking midfielder instructions should I get them to run with the ball? try through balls? or hold up the ball to play in the wingers / striker?
    Hold up ball? what players do you normally set for this option?
    Sometimes I change the wingers and play them alongside the attack midfielder to create a narrow formation sometimes I push the fullbacks up to def mid level to create wing backs ( good moves) ??
    The try through ball option do you guys use it? what players should I set on.

How would you improve this formation some general pointers would be great

Many Thanks

vCash

vCash
    I tend to use Normal setting for mentality and only go attacking when trailing a match. If one of your defensive mids has good passing and creativity. I'd put him as playmaker. I'd also put farrows on your wingers , so they are running into the centre.

vCash
    Here's what I do on my 'realistic' saves:

For the CTRL (Crossing, Through balls, Run with ball, and Long shots) instructions, I don't set it per position I set it per player. They correspond to the attributes Crossing, Vreativity/Passing, Dribbling/Pace, and Long shots. So, for example, if I'm managing a club in the top tier, then a player having 15+ creativity and passing gets the "Through ball" instruction on. I might go as low as 10+ for lower tier depending on the average players around. I set this per match.

I rarely use a 'play maker' (you can leave it blank as it is). The few times I used it successfully was when the opponent didn't have a player in the corresponding position. For example my play maker would be in the AMC position and the opponent plays a flat 442. Also, that player had to be very much better than other midfielders in terms of creativity, passing, off the ball, teamwork. technique, and flair attributes. I also frequently gave him the 'free role' instruction but it's not necessary.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to KL1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=tx614

This is my go to tactic currently. Team Instructions: Normal, Short, Pressing, Offside ( sometimes I turn on attacking when required)

Players required: Left and right wing backs, need food acc, crossing, dribbling, Sometimes I have two traditional fullbacks on standby if I want to switch to a more defensive setup on the fly.
    Def Mid good marking, teamwork, high passing, Basically two tanks or one tank and one creative passer.
    MC - High passing, longshots, dribbling, stamina, creativity - this will be your playmaker
    ATT Mid - same old stuff creativity etc
    FL / R - YEP I play two forwards here usually I sign Jason Cummings for the left and Hasslebank for the right they average 15+ goals a season
    SC - Get a bit lump in the middle high jumping heading anticipation, passing you are good to go

Player instructions:

ALL players apart from def cen: run with ball, forward runs
    L/R W/B: cross
    FL/R cross
    Mid cen: try through balls,

I have used this formation with a few teams usually do ok, got promoted with WImbledon, Rotherham, Won the Euriopa with Saints, And premier league.

If you want to help me inmpove the formation i.e by tweaking player instructions or point put any weakness feel free to hit me up. Is this technically a cheat formation? having 1 center back and 2 def mids lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=tx614

If you want to help me inmpove the formation i.e by tweaking player instructions or point put any weakness feel free to hit me up. Is this technically a cheat formation? having 1 center back and 2 def mids lol
    Sure. All your tactic needs is a forward arrow on the keeper