Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Tactics - Non WIBWOB: How does yours look like?

vCash
    Why would I do that? the keeper is just normal no changes....

What is the best non wib wob tactic? who has won everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post

4132Pool probably is the best NONwib/wob tactic if you compare with other NON-Wib/wob tactics. I think secret of success with NONwib/wob tactics ; are players such as ....Nikiforenko,Tsigalko,Kerr,West,Solis etc.

vCash

Sorry, I was being facetious... your tactic is so outrageously attacking that I reckoned why not get the keeper to go forward as well.

vCash
    can somebody link up some good non wib wob tactics, most of the links on here are dead, cheers

vCash

vCash

critique my tactic non wib wob (updated)

I am managing Saints strictly non wib wob here is my formation

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=ty2j9

Team Instructions: Normal / Attacking offisde, pressing, short passing

DC - Man Mark no forward runs no run with ball
    DL/R - Forward runs, cross if crossing is good enough
    DM - No forward runs, run wb
    ML/R - Forward runs, wb, cross on both if crossing is good
    MC - long shots, try through balls, forward runs, run wb
    FCs - no instuctions

Set pieces:

DC - Normal on att set piece/back def.
    DL/DR -forward on att set pieces, normal on def
    DM - forward att set pieces/back defensive,
    ML/R - normal att/normal def.
    MC - att set piece/back def
    FCS - forward att set/normal def

Some major issues I am having, leaking to many goals

What instrutions / changes could I implement

Please go easy on me If I am making some noob errors I appreciate all the help gods of champ manager
    Last edited by ally_uk; 22-06-17 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Can anybody help? This forum seems pretty quiet. Fods, info, derm, tactical gods give me the pointers

vCash
    I had assumed that I had WIBWOB'd this but looking at the screens it appears I haven't! Don't think I've seen it posted on here either. Pretty sure it was heavily influenced by BarcaCam (that overloads the right wing), just tries to utilise left-siders a bit.

Granted I started this save with Man U, so it's hardly a tough season, but I don't recall losing a game until after the league was clinched and I played out the remainder with youth/loan/listed. Handily, the Oct. '15 Man U squad fills the positioning requirements pretty much perfectly. While I'll list names below, I'm sure you can work out the player 'types' for the positions.

Back 4 pick themselves really. Darmian / Valencia in RB, Jones / Smalling in RDC. I messed up a bit on the left by having Blind inside, with Rojo outside. Big difference when I switched them round. Then Real came in for Rojo...

Carrick / Schneiderlin parked in front of them. Sometimes one was preferred over the other depending on the MC. Bastian, the obvious choice, allowed S'lin to come in, as he would chip in with breaking up play.

Depay down the left, Mata down the right (moved them on for 50M). Young does a fantastically good job though as MR, with Valencia able to cover there too and Martial filling in on left. Now have Nolito and M.Ritchie to fill those berths.

Striker is again picked for you. Martial does a very good job, and Wilson in the reserves can be brought through.

AMC/F was (is) my problem area. I had thought Rooney would be perfect but I just cannot get him to perform, no matter where I put him or what I tell him to do. Herrera was almost on the way out the door until I had a footer. Giving him free-role in that AMC position 'switched on' his creative side, but he lacks goals. The other thing that saved him was that he turns out to be quite good in the MC position, with free-role and playmaker - This is where Carrick as DMC helps stiffen the midfield a bit. Currently have H.Ziyech in the AMC/F with a forward arrow. He was ripping the Eredivisie a new one,but perhaps just hasn't settled in with me yet. Giving him the playmaker instruction seems to have improved things a bit. May end up splurging on Vietto, though he's classed as an out & out striker I think, he looks like he should be a good false 9.

MTP: Attacking first 20mins then Normal. May switch back to Att for the final 20; Normal; Short; Pressing + Offside on.
    CTRL: Player dependent, as KL1 above states, but non-defensive players carry the ball & make runs (Defensive triangle don't press or run with ball). Wide men cross. Centre tries through balls. So far the AI only seems to use 1 up front, so generally my quicker DC man-marks and the other clears up.

Might need to go try a WIBWOB version now...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dugong For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Damn it! Just noticed my DC's have thicker borders and so must have been WIBWOB'd... well, pishflaps!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dugong For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugong View Post
    I had assumed that I had WIBWOB'd this but looking at the screens it appears I haven't! Don't think I've seen it posted on here either. Pretty sure it was heavily influenced by BarcaCam (that overloads the right wing), just tries to utilise left-siders a bit.

Granted I started this save with Man U, so it's hardly a tough season, but I don't recall losing a game until after the league was clinched and I played out the remainder with youth/loan/listed. Handily, the Oct. '15 Man U squad fills the positioning requirements pretty much perfectly. While I'll list names below, I'm sure you can work out the player 'types' for the positions.

Back 4 pick themselves really. Darmian / Valencia in RB, Jones / Smalling in RDC. I messed up a bit on the left by having Blind inside, with Rojo outside. Big difference when I switched them round. Then Real came in for Rojo...

Carrick / Schneiderlin parked in front of them. Sometimes one was preferred over the other depending on the MC. Bastian, the obvious choice, allowed S'lin to come in, as he would chip in with breaking up play.

Depay down the left, Mata down the right (moved them on for 50M). Young does a fantastically good job though as MR, with Valencia able to cover there too and Martial filling in on left. Now have Nolito and M.Ritchie to fill those berths.

Striker is again picked for you. Martial does a very good job, and Wilson in the reserves can be brought through.

AMC/F was (is) my problem area. I had thought Rooney would be perfect but I just cannot get him to perform, no matter where I put him or what I tell him to do. Herrera was almost on the way out the door until I had a footer. Giving him free-role in that AMC position 'switched on' his creative side, but he lacks goals. The other thing that saved him was that he turns out to be quite good in the MC position, with free-role and playmaker - This is where Carrick as DMC helps stiffen the midfield a bit. Currently have H.Ziyech in the AMC/F with a forward arrow. He was ripping the Eredivisie a new one,but perhaps just hasn't settled in with me yet. Giving him the playmaker instruction seems to have improved things a bit. May end up splurging on Vietto, though he's classed as an out & out striker I think, he looks like he should be a good false 9.

MTP: Attacking first 20mins then Normal. May switch back to Att for the final 20; Normal; Short; Pressing + Offside on.
    CTRL: Player dependent, as KL1 above states, but non-defensive players carry the ball & make runs (Defensive triangle don't press or run with ball). Wide men cross. Centre tries through balls. So far the AI only seems to use 1 up front, so generally my quicker DC man-marks and the other clears up.

Might need to go try a WIBWOB version now...
    can you share this

vCash
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fd1bmusvr...41221.zip?dl=0 Try that.

I'm afraid I started tinkering with WIBWOBing, so it's not quite the same (And possibly leakier at the back - although that may just be the result of AI strengthening during the transfer window.)
    For non-WIBWOB just follow the original post, the DC WIBWOB was when the ball was in the opposition goalmouth, they would push ahead of the DMC to the edge of the box, leaving the DMC as last man. The only other change I could spot was the left DC pushing into a DMC role when the ball was in midfield, but these were just a hangover from whichever tactic had previously been loaded as he would end up on top of the formation's midfielders.

Obviously, you could reverse the formation if your squad is stronger on the 'opposite side', but I haven't noticed much detriment in playing left or right footer's in central roles.

A couple of points:
    - It's not the greatest when playing away against similarly strengthed teams.
    - It can occasionally fail to produce many chances. Somewhat realistic I suppose, but now and again both teams nullify each other.
    - Could possibly be useful more counter-attack minded. A lot of the action starts deep in your own half, and even my striker seems to pick the ball up deep and run at defences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugong View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fd1bmusvr...41221.zip?dl=0 Try that.

I'm afraid I started tinkering with WIBWOBing, so it's not quite the same (And possibly leakier at the back - although that may just be the result of AI strengthening during the transfer window.)
    For non-WIBWOB just follow the original post, the DC WIBWOB was when the ball was in the opposition goalmouth, they would push ahead of the DMC to the edge of the box, leaving the DMC as last man. The only other change I could spot was the left DC pushing into a DMC role when the ball was in midfield, but these were just a hangover from whichever tactic had previously been loaded as he would end up on top of the formation's midfielders.

Obviously, you could reverse the formation if your squad is stronger on the 'opposite side', but I haven't noticed much detriment in playing left or right footer's in central roles.

A couple of points:
    - It's not the greatest when playing away against similarly strengthed teams.
    - It can occasionally fail to produce many chances. Somewhat realistic I suppose, but now and again both teams nullify each other.
    - Could possibly be useful more counter-attack minded. A lot of the action starts deep in your own half, and even my striker seems to pick the ball up deep and run at defences.
    tHANK YOU

vCash
    Inspired by the genius Zidane's tactical displays in Real Madrid 2 last games, I tried to replicate formation and player instructions (default 442Attacking used as template). So, here are results:

Download link: http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/oK5AiKv0/file.html

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    I always wanted to make a 3 DC tactic without manual wibwobbing work, so this is what I'm currently on: https://www.sendspace.com/file/56x9xl

Spoiler!

I leave the team instructions as they are, but I do change the player instructions based on the situation I'm facing.

I follow these rules regarding marking strikers:

vs 1 striker: middle DC man marking and left/right DC zonal.
    vs 2 strikers: left/right DC man marking and middle DC zonal.
    vs 3 strikers: all the DC's man marking.

Depending on how the match goes I'll add some individual instructions:

When I'm waisting a lot of shots, I'll add 'hold the ball' to the striker so the midfield has more time to move into a good position.
    When I'm not creating a lot of chances, I add 'long shots' to the MCL and MCR and 'try through balls' to the middle MC and DMC.
    If the opponents wingers are on fire, I add 'man marking' to the DML and DMR.

I always play Hard tackling, but I do change the tackling for a player that has been booked immidiately to Normal or even to Easy when he's got low Aggression attribute.

The only thing I change in the team instructions is setting the mentality to Normal when I'm facing a superkeeper. I usually score and then set it back to Attacking.

Also I look for specific attributes in the players. I always want all my players to have good Work Rate and Determination. Teamwork is also desired, but it can be trained so I don't look for it when I search players.

I will list of specific attributes I look for in players for specific positions. The bold marked attributes are the key ones, the italic marked attributes are good to also have and the other ones are nice to have but not necessary.

GK: Handling, Reflexes, Agility, Jumping and Positioning.

DC: Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Jumping, Anticipation, Heading and Decisions.

DMR/DML: Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Crossing, Stamina, Tackling, Off the ball.

DMC: Tackling, Positioning, Marking, Passing, Off the ball.

MC: Passing, Dribbling, Off the Ball, Creativity, Stamina, Long shots.

SC: Finishing, Pace, Off the ball, Jumping, Strength, Balance, Decisions.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash

Mentality - Attacking
    Passing - Direct
    Tackling - Hard
    Pressing - No
    Offside Trap - No

Both Def. Center - Man Marking

vCash
    I want to share this tactic from my latest save with Notts Co. For many years I have mostly played 4132 and then failed miserably with different 442 variations when I wanted to include wide players. This tactic uses a broad variation of positions and so far it has been quite succesfull. As you can see from the screens it is rather leaky at the back however I think it makes up for it up front. My Notts team is nothing in particular so I believe that better DC's and GK would make quite a difference.

Edit: Now I got through the season and the tactic seems to hold it's own, the only alteration I did was change the mentality to normal when facing superkeepers.

Download link https://www.sendspace.com/file/lvi0p7
    Last edited by kaf; 11-11-17 at 12:26 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaf For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can anybody help? This forum seems pretty quiet. Fods, info, derm, tactical gods give me the pointers
    Sorry to butt in late on this one, ally. If you have a look at the Open Tactic League spreadsheet, there's a column called (F)WW / (P)WW / (N)WW / (U)nknown

FWW (full wibwobs) are tactics where 7/8 or more players have been wib-wobbed. PWW (partial wibwobs) are tactics where 6 or fewer have been wib-wobbed. NWW are non wibwobs.

The best NWW tactic in that tactic is called simply called 4-2-3-1. No idea who made it, it was a tactic on the list without an owner, but it's a narrow 4-2-3-0-1.
    Code:
    DR - DC - DC - DL

DMC - DMC

MC - MC - MC

SC
    Lone striker is on a free role, everybody bar the DCs and DMCs are on forward runs. Front four run with the ball, DMCs try through balls, which is an old tactic used by the WelshWebWizard for the WW2 tactic.

Somebody mentioned 4132Pool, which was an early popular tactic, however I tested it and it didn't cut the mustard. We had 45 NWW tactics and it placed 10th, 11.5 points behind the above tactic on average.

I think from the spreadsheet, it's pretty clear that for NWW, you want an odd number of forwards (either a lone striker or a front three), a DMC (or two or three) and two centre backs. If you go narrow from the midfield line forwards, that will help.

vCash

After a lot of trial and error, and creating a lot of tactics that didn't convince me, I created what I can say as the most solid and with the best results. I tried it with a lot of teams and the results are incredible. However, I have to clarify that if you don't have players with good crossing, you will get a lot of draws. One thing I really like about her is that the playmaker has a good ratio. One thing I've discovered in my creations is that the wings have an excellent performance if you put hard entries, pass direct and put them up in attack. I haven't used that here, though.

Here is the download link for your enjoyment: https://www.sendspace.com/file/sqkaw2

I also give them a Christmas present with my version of the 4-1-3-2, solid in defence, the strikers score a lot of goals and the midfielders are essential: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zmg6jw

vCash
    You mean: DC and DMC NOT run forward
    What is the team instructions?
    Thank you in advance !

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516