Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: International Football

vCash
    I'm all for it in total honesty - Anything to get a clearer outcome will be beneficial to the game instead of constant criticism for the referees when they get decisions wrong. Rugby has benefited from it, why can't football? If only we could adopt other traits from that sport too.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Simple resolution there, give either side 2 calls per half (or game) where they can question a decision. Where the original decision is correct the team loses an additional call.

You won't be able to use it for every decision though, just not practical. But if they got the major decisions right, and retrospective bans for diving, faking injury, gamesmanship, surrounding refs, you'd have a game to be proud of again. At the moment it's a total crock of shit

vCash
    I think it's the idea that some decisions are more important than others that I don't like but of course we don't want the game stopped for every throw in and corner (you try telling Tony Pulis a corner isn't important!)

Hopefully they will find a good middleground to keep the game flowing but reach the correct decisions. When there is a possible offside maybe the referee should let the game run a bit longer to see what comes from it.

It will be interesting to see how it goes in the Bundesliga and FA cup next season.

Speaking of rugby i've no idea why we don't stop the clock in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Speaking of rugby i've no idea why we don't stop the clock in football.
    TV schedules

Until they do stop the clock there'll always only be an estimated time for stoppages. Stop the clock, no stoppage time, no fucking about. I guess the worry is players would feign injury to get a breather when under pressure.

Would rule out the nonsense that 30 seconds is added per sub. But if the sub is made in injury time the 30 seconds isn't added. Not much of a deterrent.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I still remain skeptical about the video assistance. It prioritises penalty and offside decisions yet a goal could be scored from a dubious free kick or corner or even a throw in. I admit that it was good last night but both situations ended up with the ball in the net and time for a decision to be made. What about a common situation where the officials (wrongly) stop play for offside and the attacking team are denied the chance to score? These things are just as important in my opinion but can't be incorporated which makes it inconsistent.
    We use it in hockey and it works pretty well.

Each coach has 1 challenge per game. Only certain things can be challenged (offside & goalie interference). If you're wrong, you lose your timeout (each team only has one per game)

There are a few other things that get auto-reviewed by the referees..... was the puck kicked in (illegal), was the puck knocked in with a high stick (illegal).... but they are generally quick.

Also, the review has to be conclusive, otherwise the original call stands.

No video review for diving, penalties, etc.... those "judgement calls" by the refs remain up to the ref.... as they should

It's a pretty good system, although not perfect.... and there are lots and lots of other things for the pundits to discuss.... that will never change

Oh, and for offside, they only look at it if a goal was scored..... not all the time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I still remain skeptical about the video assistance
    Same here.

The sport should stay the way it is.

I've always viewed Football as a metaphor for life (no replays/do-overs/timeouts because Time Constantly Flows FORWARD)

If people want to watch Americanized Football there is something called the NFL.

Modern Football is already suffering from interruptions in the flow and momentum of play due to all of the pussies that fake injuries that magically heal in 90 seconds.

vCash
    Stopping diving and feigning injury is easy enough with the relevant FA's if they could be fecked to do anything about it

But stuff like goal line technology is a no brainer, does not add time to play and has proved a hit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Stopping diving and feigning injury is easy enough with the relevant FA's if they could be fecked to do anything about it

But stuff like goal line technology is a no brainer, does not add time to play and has proved a hit
    This. Retrospective punishment for cheating could be done anyway, they just choose not to.

Goal line technology is great, about time they funded it for the football league too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627