Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TOTY 2014 - Albart Van Bevan and the great Nigerian scam

vCash
    that picture of the culprit alone is worthy of HoF

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Boys we're back in business with a new one!! Introducing....

Lord Farquaad Van Bevan and the great Ivory Coast/Senegalese RomCom Scam!!

So here is how the original email panned out which dropped into my inbox, and In all honesty I wasn't holding out much hope after my last three attempts at fishing for a scam fell on deaf ears.

Hello dear,
    i am miss Rose Oliver
    i came across your contact at https://facebook.com while browsing in the Internet now and it captured my interest and i become motivated to reach you,please i will like us to hold a good relationship with a real love,contact me for more introduction about me, also i will send my pictures to you for this will Forster the relationship and also bring us together to know each other better,i look forward for your response. my dear,age or color even distance can't deny any genuine love,so please lets give our self a trial,thanks till i hear from you
    My initial response was as follows and keeping in line with our favourite character Lord Farquaad:

Good day to you Miss Oliver,

Whilst one doesn't use Facebook I am quite surprised you came across my good name. However, one is pleasantly surprised to hear from you.

I trust you are well? Please tell me more about yourself.

Kind Regards,

Lord Farquaad Van Bevan
    Then two days later....HOOKED!!

The response from Miss Rose, it's got the potential to be a cracker!!

My Dear One,

I am more than happy in your urgent mail to my mail. How are you today? l hope fine. Mine is not too good due to my suffering condition here in Dakar Senegal. My name is Miss Rose Oliver I am (23) years old, single and never married, 5ft 8 inches Tall, 55kg weight, black hair and brown eyes. l am from Ivory Coast in West Africa and presently l am residing in a church Orphanage home here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago. I lost my both Parents during this deadly Political War, that Damaged Thousands of innocent Souls in Ivory Coast.

My family was among the first target of the rebels because my Late father a Successful business and also a politician supporting the present Government when the problems was about to start. l managed to make my way to a nearby country Senegal where l am staying now and never pray or think to step my legs in that bloody country called Ivory Coast.

I would like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture, i will like you to send me your picture also, Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Yours Forever,
    Miss Rose.
    I'm a bit disappointed she supplied her picture, as I wanted us to guess again However, here it is:

Spoiler!

I'm pretty sure this isn't her and that we actually have a guy talking to us. I reckon it's his sister or girlfriend.

You have a couple of days to help plan our storyline before I go back to them. How should we play this one out?

Discuss..

vCash
    Wahahahahahahaha - superb!

I think as the African Cup of Nations is on that has to be put somewhere in the next few responses back to her/him!

Interesting yet that no money has been asked for - really trying to suck you in - all very nice questions so far but the war story seed has obviously been planted with you!

If you do a quick search for Rose Oliver on facebook - you find a different sized lady!

How long do you want this to go on for? Quite a few responses or are you looking to keep it sharp and sweet and "cut to the chase"?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I definitely want to drag it out for as long as possible as long as it's kept amusing and daring as the more we waste their time, the less time they have to steal from other people

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got to mention AFCON

You should grab a random google image to send to her too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So I went back to "Miss Rose Oliver"...

My fair Rose,

One was feeling wonderful this morning to hear from you, until I saw you were not so good!

I am distraught to hear that you have lost your parents in recent years due to the Political War in Ivory Coast, I too have lost my parents in a terrible accident involving a horse and faulty leather shoe. Although I will never forget that day as a child which will haunt me for the rest of my life it did indeed spur me on to be the successful businessman that I am today. "Every cloud has a silver lining" as they say!

You would like to know more about me? Well where should I start? I am male, 72 years of age, from Scotland. I too am a successful businessman just like your late father. I enjoy brisk walks in the Scottish highlands, Sports, business, and drinking fine wine. Not all at the same time though that would be rather silly!

Your photo is very fetching and it looks like you are in good health? The orphanage in Senegal must be treating you well? They have nice furniture by the looks of things!

Here is a picture of me from when I last visited London on business.

What else would you like to know about me? Please tell me more about your hobbies, where you go on holiday? your friends at the orphanage?

Warmest Regards,

Lord Farquaad Van Bevan

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wahahahahaha - Billy C!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is awesome!! Great work Bev.

Please note, in 'her' initial email Rose capitalised the F in Forster, which leads me to believe their autocorrect has picked that up without them noticing, and they therefore must either be Southampton fans or have a fantasy football team!
    Last edited by BobMem; 21-01-15 at 09:57 AM.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    This is awesome!! Great work Bev.

Please note, in 'her' initial email Rose capitalised the F in Forster, which leads me to believe their autocorrect has picked that up without them noticing, and they therefore must either be Southampton fans or have a fantasy football team!

Good spot!! Could our scammer be the legendary Ali Dia!? Who bizarrely was born in Dakar, Senegal where our "Miss Rose Oliver" currently resides!!

Imagine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    Good spot!! Could our scammer be the legendary Ali Dia!? Who bizarrely was born in Dakar, Senegal where our "Miss Rose Oliver" currently resides!!

Imagine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be epic

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Poor Miss Rose Oliver, it looks like she's going through a hard time....

Dearest one,
    Thanks for your mail, I will really like to have a good relationship with you and i was praying and fasting for my situation. i have a special reason why i decided to contact you.

I decided to contact you because of the urgency of my situation here and I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment I'm received from this camp here where i am now. Meanwhile I wanted to escape to Europe but i lost my international passport and other valuable traveling documents. Luckily the rebels did not discover where I kept my father's File which contains important documents. So I decided to run to the refugee camp where I am presently seeking asylum (protection from danger) under the United Nations High Commission for the Refugee here in Dakar- Republic of Senegal. I wish to contact you personally for a long term business relationship and investment assistance in your Country.

I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to as all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war. The only person i have now is Reverend father Humiu James. Pastor of ( Christ Mission Assemble ) here in the camp. He has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i live in the females hostel.

The Reverend father's phone number is ( +221-77-07-55677 ) please i want you to call me by 1:30 PM GMT today, we have more to discuss, please when you call, tell him that you want to speak with me so that he will send for me in the hostel. Please at refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country. I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to the death of my parents took place.

My father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$6,800,000.00 ( Six Million eight Hundred Thousand US Dollars only), in a bank with my name as the next of kin. However, I shall forward you with the necessary documents for confirmation upon your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund. I will also like to complete my academic studies in your Country which you will help me to recommend a nice medical Higher Institution. I was studying Health science before the killing of my parents by the Rebels and was a second year student in the University.

It is my intention to compensate you with 30% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you. Please all communications should be through this email address only for confidential purposes.

As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest, I will send you the contact of the bank immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely.

Am waiting your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this only to your self, please i beg you not to disclose it.

Yours Rose.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Big Papi to the rescue....

My sweet flower, (I hope you like what I did there as you are named after a beautiful flower).

I feel like things are really moving fast between us, I too would really like to have a good relationship with you as I feel I could become a father figure in your life.

I am glad you decided to contact me, although I am deeply saddened about your situation.

Although I indeed would like to help you, I feel like we need to trust each other and get to know each other better. Please be so kind as to answer my questions:

1)What do you like to do in your spare time?
    2)What is the weather like in Senegal?
    3)Do you have a boyfriend?
    4)What do you want to do for a job once you finish your studies?
    5)What is your favourite chocolate?

I feel this is the beginning of a blossoming (like how a Rose blossoms) relationship between us.

Please be careful my rouge perennial for I feel that Reverend Father Humiu James' intentions may not be 100% genuine with you being a beautiful female all alone, please tell me you will be careful!! However, I will not call Reverend Father Humiu James at this moment in time, as I do not trust someone I don't know. I trust you Rose, I really do. Maybe have Reverend Father Humiu James contact me via his email letting me know his intentions in keeping you safeguarded until we solve this issue at hand?

Rose, I am a wealthy man who made my monies in the shrimp industry catching millions of pounds worth off the coasts of Scotland. Did you know that shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.

Therefore due to the success of my business empire I do not require 30% of your fathers' hard earnt money, you Rose, you keep it all. I will help you get out of Senegal, and help you get back to your studies.

Yours forever,

Lord Farquuad Van Bevan (you can call me Big Papi from now on as I feel we are making progress) x.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wahahahahaha

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Haha, great stuff

You've got to ask for the CM0102 Fan picture, and you can send the one of 'you', from the previous bloke, to show what you mean!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cafcjgreen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Excellent suff

Can't wait to see how tgey reply

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Miss Rose Oliver doesn't seem to be playing ball at all. It's literally just looking like copy and paste, time to make this chump work a little!!

Here is her response:

Hello My Darling,
    How are you today, I believe you are doing fine! As for me i am fine here with all hopes to meet with you immediately after the transfer of my money to your position for a better life.

Darling here is not easy for me, i am really suffering a lot in this camp, staying here is not good for me, we find it very difficult here, i really want to come out from here and come over there.

Please darling like i told you in my last mail that this money was deposited by my late father when he was alive, and i managed to make my way to the refugee camp where i am living for now in Senegal. and like i told you before that it was in my 6 to 6 fasting and prayer when i got in contact with you and i so much believe within my self that you will never betray me or let me down.

As i told you in my previous mail that the laws of this country where i am seeking asylum now doesn't allow me to handle financial issues due to my refugee statues. Already i have written a mail to the bank about this money but the bank requested that i should present a foreign partner that will stand on my behalf to transfer the said amount that was why i appointed you to start as my representative.

Please i will like you to send an email to the bank immediately and tell them that you are my representative and you want to assist me transfer the amount of US$6.8 million usd deposited by my late father Dr. Addai Oliver due to my refugee statues here in Dakar. Here is the contact information of the bank in London where the money was deposited by my late father is as follows;

ISLAMIC BANK OF BRITAIN
    Contact person Mr. Adel Mohammed Tayyeb Mustafawi

EMAIL: ( XXXX )
    TEL: +44 XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    FAX: +44 XXXXXXXXXXXXX

THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION ARE AS FOLLOWS.

Account Name: Dr. Addai Oliver
    Account Number: 31678600.
    Deposited Amount: US$6.8 Million Dollars.
    Next of Kin: Rose. Oliver

Please contact the transfer Director of the bank, tell him that you are my representative and that you want to assist me transfer my 6.8 million dollars deposited by mt late father of which i am the next of kin. Also let me know as soon as you contact them and i will like you to contact them through email immediately so that they will know our seriousness OK. I am waiting to hear from you soon.

God bless you as you do this today,

Rose.
    I've deleted their contact details and replaced with XXX so it's not easy to pick up if they ever did a google search.
    Last edited by Bevchenko; 26-01-15 at 10:42 PM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So it looks like trhis get's split into two (which will be ridiculously fun if they stop copying and pasting!!)

First response to Miss Rose Oliver:

God bless you too Rose for I have made contact with Mr. Adel Mohammed Tayyeb Mustafawi!!

However, why do you not answer my questions? I feel you are just using me to help you and that you do not want to get to know me or form a true relationship?

Please tell me this isn't so Rose by answering my questions:

1)What do you like to do in your spare time?
    2)What is the weather like in Senegal?
    3)Do you have a boyfriend?
    4)What do you want to do for a job once you finish your studies?
    5)What is your favourite chocolate?

I understand things aren't easy at the moment for you but it will all be worth it in the long run when you are free from this wretched suffering you are currently enduring.

May the one true God shine upon you on this day as you answer my questions.

I will update you on
    Mr. Adel Mohammed Tayyeb Mustafawi's response.

PS. I told you to call me Big Papi from now on!!

Yours,

Big Papi.
    Second post to God bless you too Rose for I have made contact with Mr. Adel Mohammed Tayyeb Mustafawi!!

Dear, Mr. Adel Mohammed Tayyeb Mustafawi.

I have been asked to contact you by Miss Rose Oliver as her representative to assist her in the transfer of US$6.8 million by her late father Dr. Addai Oliver due to her refugee status in Dakar.

Do you know of this client of yours?

Warm Regards,

Lord Farquaad Van Bevan

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Disappointed with Rose's response - such copy/paste doesn't show she loves you Bevva!

I am expecting a hand typed response next time rather than a copy/paste from Africa!

But I reckon it's the Adel reply where the fun will be had

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Disappointed with Rose's response - such copy/paste doesn't show she loves you Bevva!

I am expecting a hand typed response next time rather than a copy/paste from Africa!

But I reckon it's the Adel reply where the fun will be had
    They've don their research as Mr Adel is in fact the top dog at the Islamic Bank, shame his email address is the equivalent of a hotmail one Really need to get them to work for their scam!!!

vCash
    So we're in!! Miss Rose has made contact, you won't be able to see from the post but now she isn't copying and pasting, her font has changed dramatically...

Good Morning My Big Papi,
    How are you doing this morning over there in your country i hope you are keeping well, Big papi am very happy to read your mail now knowing that you have contacted the bank for the transfer, thank you once again.

Darling concerning your question, 1, i like to read in my spare time but things are not the way i wanted it because they don't always want that here in the camp. 2, there weather here now is cold season but there is hot Sun during the afternoon. 3, now i do not have a boy friend, as i told you before we are here just like prisoners. 4, i want to be a medical doctor. 5, i like ice cream so much. My beloved Big Papi, am happy to answer all your question take good care of your self for me and iawaits to hear a good news from you regarding that you have had from the bank soon. Kiss
    Yours always,
    Rose.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Now we have interaction it's time to step it up a gear before "the bank" makes contact!!

My Darling Rose, Our Lord and Saviour To Madeira must be shining down upon us this day as I am glad to hear you have heeded my advice and answered my questions.

I like Ice Cream too my favourite is Strawberry with the little sprinkes on top!

My beautiful Rose, can you do a favour for me? My business colleagues Mr Kallstrom and Mr Bakircioglu do not believe that I have made contact with such a beautiful woman who needs my help. They think I am a boring old man! Could you please send me a new photo of yourself with Reverend Father Humiu James? However, you must be holding up a sign which says "CM0102 Fan". This is the only way my business partners will believe me.

Take care my flower, and may the Lord be with you.

I hope to hear from the bank soon.

Big Papi. x.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash

We are at that point

Here's hoping

Nice to see 3 CM legends named

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast